Query about Alsalam Aero and Orion International company

Forum for job postings and employment advice.

by socalfiend » 30 Apr 2014, 23:05

Hello,

I have been in the military for 8 years. Worked both F-15 and F-16s as a crew chief.

I just got job offers working F-15s for Alsalam Aero in Saudi Arabia and an F-16 position working for Orion International in Dubai. Could anyone give me insight into both of these companies? i.e. what am I to expect for work, living conditions, management, and "real pay". I know things are different than from what is written on paper than what is given to you. I have read some forums about Alsalam. However, those forums are more than 2 years old. Anyone currently working for or has recently worked for Alsalam Aero have anything to say about the company and the way they conduct business. Same for Orion International.

Thanks for the help everyone.

by socalfiend » 02 May 2014, 01:24

Update Orion International is a recruiting company for AAMROC. Can anyone give me a update on how it is working for AAMROC? i.e. management, actual pay, empty promises.

by ba737 » 01 Jun 2014, 21:36

socalfiend, I worked in that part of the world for over 30 years. I am not a military person and you will receive a better response from the folks who worked with UAE and RSAF. The company I worked for has over 60,000 employees & was not in UAE. However, we had many professionals in the UAE and other countries who would love to work with us for many reasons.
In your case you would have to compare the pros & cons for both companies. I believe you may save more money in Riyadh but the life style, condition, restriction can be hard to get used to. Some people do!
UAE is more relaxed, many people spend their vacation over there but it is expensive.
If you want to discuss in more detail; I will be glad to give you my own "personal"view via pm (not sure if this site has it anyway!) or thru email...

by dugstars » 23 Jun 2014, 19:09

The F-16 jobs with AAMROC are in Abu Dhabi not Dubai so there is less traffic. If you have kids, schools here are very expensive but you can home school.