AMMROC

Forum for job postings and employment advice.

by mddulac » 31 May 2012, 22:39

Any one currently working for AMMROC in the UAE?

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by bountyhunter » 20 Jun 2012, 18:17

Check other forums on this page...there is a lot of chatter about AMMROC. Not sure of the page but it is here somewhere!

by mddulac » 12 Nov 2012, 01:50

Can any one verify or confirm good things about AMMROC so far????

by dugstars » 14 Nov 2012, 18:31

I have a friend that is leaving to work for AMMROC in a couple of weeks and I am not to far behind him in the process. I can keep you informed as things progress.

by egressdonkey » 19 Nov 2012, 16:48

i am scheduled to leave for the UAE on 8 dec. AMMROC has hired me as an Egress tech. money is good, people haev been good at communication, set up seems solid but who knows until i am in country. any questions about the process... fire away

by egressdonkey » 19 Nov 2012, 16:51

i am a new AMMROC hire from the AZ guard. i will be working the egress system. as far as AMMroc goes i have had no bad situations or issues with them... just dont expect anything to happen quick. i interviewed in person at a recruitement seminar on 5 aug and i leave for Abu Dhabi on 8 dec... that seems to be a NORMAL time period from interview to mobilization. any other questions just ask

by trmf666 » 23 Nov 2012, 22:48

Sent the Reps for AMMROC my pp and f-16 qualifications about three days ago...told me id make roughly 80,000 salary but have to live on the economy...anybody have any info on how long they take to make the official offer and get the visa, medical and security clearance rolling
SSgt Grant
Aviano (2yrs) shaw AFB (2yrs)
flightline, phase, wheel&tire
shawngrant2422@aol.com

by dugstars » 26 Nov 2012, 03:46

Hey egressdonkey, is this you Kasper? This is Randy.

by mc5wes » 04 Dec 2012, 20:29

There's a few reasons why you haven't heard anything about what it's like at AMROC.

There's no free time.

There's no Internet

The jobs are great. And the guys there are only telling their friends.

The contract they signed was actually a cook book.

by viper509 » 06 Dec 2012, 22:58

This is what I've gotten so far. Those of you that say you got Egress, if you are not an Egress tech previously, you are a crew chief. I had to verify that with my recruiter. Second, I'm only waiting on my country clearance and I'll be getting my tickets thereafter. Third, the AMMROC guys should be on the flightline in a few weeks. It took a while to get the contracts signed. And lastly, make sure you take money with you when you get there. Just in case your bank account isn't established before the 25th of the month or in case there's a holiday and they get paid early. One of my buddies found that out the hard way. If I hear anything else, I'll post and inform ASAP.

by egressdonkey » 11 Dec 2012, 23:57

Well I am in the UAE now. Started my AMMROC orientation. Things are progressing well. True it does take some time to get the bank account started so bring an ample amount of personal cash for your discretionary spending. remember people that this is a foreign country not he US... We do things on their time schedule not ours. I have heard many complaints about how slow things work over here (from people on this site and people in the ground here) but the reality is that everything does get accomplished... Just not in our desired time frame at times! The way the company is expanding is on a logrythmic scale it seems. AMMROC is the sole aircraft mainteance contact for the UAE armed forces... This includes rotor, fixed wing, ground equipement, etc. I processed in medically with a few moroccans, brits, americans and locals emiraties this week. The company has quiet a large vision for the future for its mainteance operations. To those willing to live overseas in this region, those looking for a (seemingly) steady paycheck or those just looking for some adventire while they earn a decent wage I urge you to apply. To all the others thatvhave negative things to say... Keep it up... You have that right! Anyone with further questions on specifics... PM me and I will do my best to answer them

by dugstars » 13 Dec 2012, 01:09

Hey donkey what's up. Still no word yet on my end but will let 6you know when I'm on my way.

by mc5wes » 13 Dec 2012, 06:02

EgressDonkey
You would be better off posting the answers to the question. Unless you want to have a thousand new Pen Pals.

How long did it take to get in country from the date you emailed your resume?

Where did you stay when you first got there?

Is your pay taxed? And how much.

Is all of your your transportation paid for? Or do you have to buy a car.

Do you buy your own food?

Some work locations have the living areas close enough to walk or bicycle to work. Is that the C-17 and F-16 aircraft?

Is there a 13 month completion bonus?

by egressdonkey » 15 Dec 2012, 09:23

No new pen pals as of yet...
Now on to the questions!

I sent my resume on Aug 4th and i was in country on 8 dec
i am currently in the Park Inn hotel (can be found on google)... this is a 30 day stay paid for by the company
Pay is not taxed up tp 92,000 per year as long as u dont send more than 10,000 back to the US per month and do not stay in the US for more than 30 days continuous
AMMROC employes get a transportation allowance per month in addition to monthly salary and housing allowance... this is all based on your grade
Not sure how to answer the question of if i buy my own food without sounding like an a$$... so a simple yes is in order
the C17s are located in dubai and the F16s are on Al Dhafra in Abu Dhabi... for now (the PDM location will be in Al Ain but that facility wont be finished for quiet a few years yet)... housing can be as close as you like or you can choose to live in the middle of the desert in a tent if you wanted to i guess
there is a bonus annually based on your employee evaluation by your line supervisor

Great questions... cheers

by mc5wes » 16 Dec 2012, 00:47

When I worked in Saudi Arabia. The company paid for transportation, housing and catering all 3 meals. Thats what I meant about buying your own on the economy.

On the housing. Is there places close enough to work that you dont need to buy a car. If your goal is to save money?

On the taxes. Do they take any local taxes?

Are you paid in dollars and the company transfers the money to a UAE bank Account. Then you have the option to wire transfer the money home?

Next