AMMROC

Forum for job postings and employment advice.

by p0intyhead » 16 Dec 2012, 08:47

Mc5, I can not answer the last question because I work for a different contractor here. But...

No local taxes.

And you will need to either buy, rent, or share a car to get to work. At least if you will be working the -16s. There is no housing within what most people would call walking distance, and even if there was then you still have the almost 4 mile hike from the front gate of the base to the flightline. The base is very large and houses multiple aircrafts. The good news is that you can find used vehicles here at very good prices if you choose to buy. Although most people rent or share a rented vehicle.

Cheers

by mc5wes » 17 Dec 2012, 04:59

Thanks for the info. I got an email from AMMROC earlier this year. But I had already took anther job at Edwards. But who knows what the future holds.

by egressdonkey » 19 Dec 2012, 05:24

This is a slightly different concept than saudi. There are quiet a few guys here that were in saudi last and the differences are this:
You are not a US contractor working for the a UAE company... You are a US citizen working for a UAE company as a local citizen. Difference there being we are paid in UAE money, have a UAE identification card and are working on a US/UAE visa. We maintain a UAE bank account to which our salary is deposited and wire transfers are free tk the US (dependong on your bank).
There is housing close to Al Dhafra but depending on what airframe (there are 19 different platforms here) you could be at any one of 4 bases in the UAE... There will be 5 once the MRO is open.
No local taxes
The entry process is long and cumbersome at times but it is being refined as we speak and should be streamlined in the near future. The company AMMROC is obtaining foreign military maintenance contracts at an exponential rate so the need for qualified mechanices will not go away anytime soon

by aduysak » 11 Jan 2013, 21:50

bountyhunter wrote:Check other forums on this page...there is a lot of chatter about AMMROC. Not sure of the page but it is here somewhere!

Hello Bounty Hunter..

by mc5wes » 20 Feb 2013, 09:31

It's been awhile. Any updates on working for AMMROC? I see GAL just posted some new jobs.

by mc5wes » 01 Apr 2013, 04:20

Haven't seen any postings or job listings lately. Any news for us guys wanting to come over?

by jrtnola » 07 Sep 2013, 07:29

Stay away from this company. Extremely disorganized and will drop you at a moments notice. STAY AWAY!!!!!!

by mc5wes » 08 Sep 2013, 00:58

All of the aviation companies in the Middle East are disorganized. And all of them will drop you in a heart beat if they want to.

The only difference is some pay on time and some dont. If your getting paid its a good company.

Previous