Future Jobs in UAE-Abu Dhabi & Dubai

Forum for job postings and employment advice.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by ecsduct » 01 Jun 2012, 15:28

Back to Al Ain! Woo-hoo!

70 minute commute both ways, every day... Stop at the halfway house on the way home before falling asleep at the wheel! Dodge the locals in the circle of death at the edge of town! Smell the stink of the camel market when driving to Pizza Hut!

I love the UAE. :lmao:

by jam1219 » 01 Jun 2012, 21:09

Thanks for the info oldmopwater, very promising

by oldmopwater » 01 Jun 2012, 22:58

ecsduct wrote:Back to Al Ain! Woo-hoo!

70 minute commute both ways, every day... Stop at the halfway house on the way home before falling asleep at the wheel! Dodge the locals in the circle of death at the edge of town! Smell the stink of the camel market when driving to Pizza Hut!

Gotta love the fog in the winter between al ain and ad. Youve never lived until you almost died every morning, lol.

by rigger007 » 02 Jun 2012, 03:10

If I'm not mistaken, these new AMMROC guys will be able to choose their own housing. I think these new jobs will be at Al Dhafra. I know there's some AMMROC guys in Al Ain, but these new dudes will be AD/Dubai.
Correct me if I'm mistaken!!!

by mc5wes » 02 Jun 2012, 14:37

Heres another good web page for country info.

www.expatarrivals.com

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by ecsduct » 02 Jun 2012, 15:52

oldmopwater wrote:Gotta love the fog in the winter between al ain and ad. Youve never lived until you almost died every morning, lol.

Oh, yeah... the fog. (sigh)

FIRST day there, we tried to get downtown from the Mafraq, only to be stopped by a sixty, yes you read right, *60* car pileup down the road. Called Fat Bast- er, the HR guy, and he said don't bother coming in. Um, okay...

Back to the pool and drinking! Woo-hoo!

by sammyz » 03 Jun 2012, 12:00

rigger007 wrote:If I'm not mistaken, these new AMMROC guys will be able to choose their own housing. I think these new jobs will be at Al Dhafra. I know there's some AMMROC guys in Al Ain, but these new dudes will be AD/Dubai.
Correct me if I'm mistaken!!!

I was just hired by AMMROC, I don't start til late Aug. though because I'm going home to the US for the summer. I hope the new guys you're talking about got a better housing allowance than I did or they are coming without families. My husband works here in AD so our houseing is already taken care of, if not, the allowance would not have been nearly enough. I'll be working QA and they do not know where I will be working just yet, at start I will be traveling to Dubai and Al Ain from AD....YUCK!

I might be able to help with some questions about the local area if anyone has some.

by rcegress » 07 Jun 2012, 13:17

I sent my resume in on a Friday and talked to the recruiter on the same day. I was offered a job two days later. I start work early July. F-16

by mistad » 07 Jun 2012, 14:47

Corral what shop you workin out of and if you dont mind me asking what contract did you negotiate?

by rcegress » 07 Jun 2012, 15:43

Egress. GS-9. 7 level. Will move to instructor slof in Jan

by mistad » 07 Jun 2012, 21:58

Ah I'm E/E and the same GS-9 7 level as well.

by jam1219 » 09 Jun 2012, 00:14

I took the GS-9 Avionics jobs still in the paperwork stage and waiting for my sep date hope to be in place in july i wont be out until the end of june and they tell me it could take up to a month to get approval to head over. Is anyone already in place or have a departure date yet I am trying to get a picture of actual time frames.

by mistad » 09 Jun 2012, 01:51

I was told early july, but not sure if I will meet that time frame, 575 for a pp/notery is kind of hard for me to come up with at the moment

by rico007 » 13 Jun 2012, 06:02

Hi guys and girls new to the site, have been approved for a GS (7 Level) Crew Chief position, i'm in the paper work stage now, will be there sometime in july.

by p0intyhead » 13 Jun 2012, 10:58

Looking at the posts for people coming here soon looking for housing. Oldmopwater is right that dubizzle.com is a great place to look. Also keep in mind all prices are "semi" negotiable here. I would advise, however, for most americans to avoid Mohammed Bin Zayed City for living (also still refered to as Mussaffah). Not many locals there, mostly Indians and Pakistanis who usually avoid you aside from dirty looks unless you are female or have your wife with you. Then they try to harrass. The advantage to being close to work is now negated due to construction and rapid growth: after almost 2 years living there I could make it home in 15 minutes and spend another 45 looking for a place to park. Almost made me miss the drive to Al Ain. Khalifa City A is relatively inexpensive and an easy drive to Abu Dhabi or Al Dhafra. But if you like shopping and nightlife, and don't mind the traffic, then Abu Dhabi is still your best option. Many apartments open all the time, and the price will really depend on your requirements.

PreviousNext