Immediate opening F16 2A674 Fuels/Hydrazine Mechanic

Forum for job postings and employment advice.

by 49pu » 19 Jan 2012, 14:54

Immediate opening for Aerospace Control Alert position in beautiful sunny VA. Applicant will be required to be Hydrazine POC and annual instructor for ACA. Strong seven level skills desired as you will be a one man shop at our facility. This position will be shift qualified , please see attachment

All Members of the Vermont Air National Guard And All Those Eligible To Become Members. PCS AUTHORIZED.
All applicants must submit the following documents prior to 1600 hours on the closing date. Any additional documentation may be submitted.

1. NGB Form 34-1 (AGR application form)
2. Current Fitness Assessment Results
3. Report of Individual Person (RIP)
4. Point Credit Account Summary
5. DD Form 214 (If Applicable)
6. Letter of recommendation from immediate supervisor. (If applicable)
Mail Application To: HRO-Staffing, 789 Vermont National Guard Road, GMA, Camp Johnson, Colchester,
VT 05446-3004 or via email to: louise.acker@us.army.mil
Selected individual must become assigned to a compatible military position on the UMD # 0979278, AFSC 2A674, FAC 22B100. Military rank will be TSG (E6). Mandatory knowledge, education and experience of AFI 36-2101 must be met. A physical profile of P3, U3, L3, H1, E3, and S2 are mandatory. Applicants must be “7” level qualified and hold the rank of TSgt, or SSgt promotable to TSgt. A minimum aptitude score of “47” in Mech, normal color vision and the ability to lift 60 lbs is mandatory. Completion of course J3ABR2A634-048A of 7 weeks at Sheppard AFB is mandatory for award of semi-skilled AFSC. Start Date To Be Determined. This position is open to All Members of the Vermont Air National Guard And All Those Eligible To Become Members. This is a Temporary Position NTE 30 September 2013. Orders may be written in 2 year increments thereon after upon availability of funds.

BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is located at the Det 1, Langley AFB, VA. The primary purpose of this position is being responsible for inspection, repair and maintenance of aircraft fuel cells, water injection, antidetonant (ADI), and in-flight refueling systems. Utilizing extensive knowledge of fuel systems maintenance practices and procedures, incumbent troubleshoots the systems and determines extent and type of preventive and/or repair maintenance required and performs all necessary repairs, installations, and operational checks.

1. Utilizes electrical wiring diagrams, blueprints, schematics and technical publications, determines extent and type of preventative and/or repair maintenance required. Performs organizational and intermediate maintenance on aircraft fuel systems, components, and equipment to include fuel cells, drop tanks, regulators, pumps, relief valves and fuel accessories. Also performs required maintenance activities associated with time compliance technical orders (TCTO) involving aircraft fuel systems, in-flight refueling systems and related components.

2. Connects power sources, and using cockpit controls, gauges and additional precision instruments, performs operational and functional checks of in-flight refueling, single point refueling and fuel transfer systems and related valves, pumps, switches, selectors, and control devices.

3. Performs leak check of aircraft fuel systems by visual inspection or by removal of panels and dye tracing fuel leaks. Determines serviceability of fuel cell sealant and replaces it when required. Examines faulty components and determines feasibility of repair, replacement and/or need for submitting unsatisfactory reports. Repairs, reassembles, and installs fuel system components and performs operational tests using bench and other related test equipment.

4. Diagnoses and overhauls fuel accessories by disassembling, cleaning and examining parts for corrosion, scratches, cracks or other damage. Replaces gaskets and worn parts, reassembles accessories, adjusts and tests to insure proper operation in accordance with standards in technical data. Controls entry into fuel cell repair areas.
TECHNICIAN VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT

AMENDMENT

MVA AF-11-49

ACFT PNEUD SYS MECH 2A
TSgt/E6

As Reads:

Close Date: 18 January 2012

Is Amended To Read:

Close Date: 3 February 2012
Attachments
Amendment MVA AF-11-49.doc
(27.5 KiB) Downloaded 876 times
MVA-AF-11-49 (2).pdf
(79.14 KiB) Downloaded 1110 times
Last edited by 49pu on 19 Jan 2012, 20:21, edited 3 times in total.

by cutlassracer » 19 Jan 2012, 17:34

Might want to edit this. I'm a pneudraulics mech at Nellis. You appear to be shopping for a fuel shopper, not pneudraulics.
Torrejon, Homestead, Moody, Osan, Holloman
USAF Crew Chief 89-99
F-16D 90-0794/90-0779
F-117A 83-0807

by f-16mech » 19 Jan 2012, 18:24

I hate these stupid generic job descriptions. Would like to know the meat and potatoes of the job. Hours, work enviornment, whats really expected of me. What do you mean by shift qualified. If I am a one man shop wouldnt I be all the shifts. Know a couple people at Langley but havent heard much about the 16's there.

by 49pu » 19 Jan 2012, 19:15

That is how the job classification is written at our HRO for the fuels positions , thanks for the feedback.

by f-16mech » 23 Jan 2012, 12:47

Yes I understand that. Sorry to have come across that way. I just wish the person posting the job could elaborate more on the description rather than just relying on the standard job ad. Could you give me more information on this. Is PCS authorized. What are general working hours. Are there other fuel personnel there.

Just a couple of the questions I have.

thanks

by mc5wes » 25 Jan 2012, 00:17

This is a AGR Job. So you will be paid like Active Duty. Did you happen to read what was posted?

Position Title: ACFT PNEUD SYSTEM MECH

Series, Grade: TSgt / E-6

AFSC: 2A674 Mail Application To: HRO-Staffing, 789 Vermont National Guard Road, GMA, Camp Johnson, Colchester, VT 05446-3004 or via email to: louise.acker@us.army.mil

Open Date: 09 December 2011 Close Date: 18 January 2012

Area of Consideration: All Members of the Vermont Air National Guard And

All Those Eligible To Become Members.

PCS AUTHORIZED