F-16 jobs in Norway

Forum for job postings and employment advice.

by goodmanp » 27 Sep 2011, 00:26

Anyone have any experience working F-16's in Norway or know any one who has? I see that they have positions open and i am very curious about the pay, working environment, and the job itself. I worked F-16's at Edwards, Kunsan, and Spangdahlem. Thanks

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by Thecrewdog » 27 Sep 2011, 23:01

I've heard plenty of people who have worked there and say that it is a great work environment, the people are nice, and the only negative thing is that you will not make any money there. If you want a job and wish to travel, it's a good place to go. If you want to put some money away, it isn't. Here's what I know about the contract.

Ingrid van Boxtel
ivanboxtel@daedalus.nl

The work will be at the Royal Netherlands Air Force base in Woensdrecht (Phase maintenance), The Netherlands (Europe).

The contract terms are:

Contract for three months with an option for another 3 months. (the economic situation drives the shortened length of the contract)

US$ 20.00 per hour

US$ 2.00 per hour worked end of contract bonus

US$ 4.50 per hour Currency Exchange Compensation (at this moment US$ 4.50 per hour but this depends on the $/EURO rate) see also attached file for the table for the CEC

Housing provided per two employees (fully furnished)

Car provided per two employees

If employee arranges own housing and transportation, employee will receive EURO 700 per month

Health insurance provided

Per 40 hours worked you accrue 2.5 hours vacation

We will arrange a ticket to and from the Netherlands

Security clearance is required. They will not get it for you. I hope this helps.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by JoeSambor » 28 Sep 2011, 11:22

Before you jump on this, you should know that it is VERY expensive living here. As Crewdog says, you won't make a lot of money. Great place to live and work, though. You're better off taking the housing and car vs. the 700 Euros per month.

Best Regards,
Joe Sambor
LM Aero Field Service Engineer
Woensdrecht Logistics Center, The Netherlands