The UAE today

Forum for job postings and employment advice.
  • Author

spisnasco

Unread post07 Oct 2011, 16:07

Hey yall, this is Spisnasco in Saudi Arabia. I am looking for a position in UAE but am not too savvy on this lingo. I am a weapons loader with 26 yrs of exp., where would I apply and what is the time frame that I am looking at to post for a position? Any help in this process would be greatly appreciated. Thanks yall.

Spisnasco

railmonkey

Unread post10 Oct 2011, 14:28

Crewdog....all that info was fantastico!! I've never really had much interest in going to the Middle East but after reading your posts....they've piqued my interest!

I'm in Italy right now but our contract is due to end June 2012. Does LM have any engine mechanic postions (JEIM) there?

Thanks for any info,
Ron

jcray01

Unread post18 Oct 2011, 12:42

I am interested and looking to see if there are any fuels positions open

Thecrewdog

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post21 Oct 2011, 08:14

This is LM's career website. Take a look to see if they have any open positions. If you have any further questions about job openings, please direct them to Travis Brookes, as stated earlier in this post. I was picked up on another program and have moved from the UAE. I'm happy to have helped some of you with your job search. Best wishes to each of you. http://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/index.aspx

cloudtl

Unread post16 Nov 2011, 16:33

I was wondering if anyone has brought thier wife and kids with them, and if so how is it there for them?

us

Unread post26 Dec 2011, 12:01

Thank you Crewdog for all the good honest information. I hope one day I'll be one of the Team Players where you're at. Again :thanks:

Thecrewdog

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post05 Jan 2012, 09:07

quiter wrote:
Thecrewdog wrote:I have moved from the UAE.

quitter
One is not considered a quitter while making a move within the company to a position in which he/she is better suited and/or more capable of gaining valuable knowledge. I moved for better opportunities within a different arena. Frankly, your comment says a lot about you. Thank you for your input; however, perhaps you should keep your simple minded comments to yourself…unless, of course, they add to an intelligent conversation. I doubt it... : )

Thecrewdog

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post05 Jan 2012, 09:08

us wrote:Thank you Crewdog for all the good honest information. I hope one day I'll be one of the Team Players where you're at. Again :thanks:

No problem. Please let me know if you have any questions in the future that I might help with.

slim1297

Unread post09 Feb 2012, 03:26

Hello all I have worked on the F-16 for the past 8 or so as a weapons loader and 1 man. So I was wondering if anyone know of a company hiring for my qualifications

bountyhunter

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post13 Feb 2012, 04:43

I am a spec with 22yrs of hydraulics exp. Any luck I can get in anywhere over in the middle East? I have been deployed/TDY there many times and know what to do and how to do it. Besides, I love the heat. Please, I am close to retirment and need an "in". I would love to apply but don't know where. Can someone with some insight email me some info? Postaldog2k2@hotmail.com

mc5wes

Thecrewdog

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post17 Feb 2012, 09:27

Lockheed might be the place for you Slim1297. You'll have to keep an eye out on the Lockheed Martin Career page. As stated in the post previously, there are weapons positions open from time to time. And, yes, you could also apply for a position in Saudi on the F-15's on the web page listed above. We do not have weapons positions at my current location. Good luck!

Thecrewdog

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post17 Feb 2012, 09:33

Bountyhunter, what type of experience, and what airframe(s)? Again, keep an eye on the LM Careers page as well as the JSFirm page. Lockheed has a hand in many programs around the world. It would be difficult for me to point you to one that fits your wants and needs. When/If you find a position that you are interested in, send me a message and I'll let you know if I have a contact for you. Check the MANY jobs also posted on JSFirm, Boeing, L3, as well as others. JSFirm has listings for many companies. Good luck.

bountyhunter

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post20 Jun 2012, 18:43

The CrewDog, I just finished reading your original post and this is what I found on the requirements on visas for family. If they are just visiting and have US issued -, they do not need any sort of entry visa. Check it out...good info for anyone that is going to be living/working there!

http://www.uae-embassy.org/travel-cultu ... -passports

Bounty Hunter!

Thecrewdog

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post28 Jun 2012, 12:29

Good luck with that! Yes, I understand that if he/she has a US pp and is only visiting....there is no need for an entry visa. As I mentioned in my beginning statement....my spouse needed to come and live with me, not to visit. We intended on the UAE being a home, not a vacation spot. If a member's spouse is to visit he/she would need to make a border run if they wished to spend more time than thirty days in the UAE. My situation was far different my friend. My spouse is not yet an American citizen, thereby multiplying the the requirements ten fold. Oh...and did I mention how poor the mail system is in the UAE? The frustration continued at every turn. Two days before leaving the UAE, I had finally gathered all of the documents for her arrival. Unfortunately, it was too late and I'd had enough of the frustration. Thank you for the info. I am sure that it will help someone who wishes to have their spouse visit. If I was given all of the information that I have presented here before leaving the States, I could have made a more educated decision about the situation ahead. Without it, I was trying to find my way in the dark. This is why I posted the info. :)
PreviousNext

Return to Job Openings