F-16 UAE Jobs (Ordance Technician)

Forum for job postings and employment advice.

by ratf16 » 27 Jan 2011, 17:48

Ordnance Technician:

Required skills
2 years F-16 experience. Must have at least 4 years of experience with the type of munitions loaded on F-16 aircraft. Must have previous certification as at least the equivalent of a USAF five (5) skill level in the 2W0X1 career field.

Desired skills

Experience working with foreign nationals is highly desired and will be viewed as a positive element during employment consideration. F-16 Block 40 or higher experience preferred. Candidates with additional experience in any of the following areas are preferred; shop/flight line setup, debrief, field training detachment (FTD), technical order library maintenance, quality assurance, or modification teams. Experience in more than one of the aforementioned areas will be viewed as a positive element during employment consideration.

Specific Job Description

Ordnance build-up technician: Responsibilities include; training customer personnel, assembling, maintaining, storing, delivering and inventory management of nonnuclear munitions and solid propellants typically carried on F-16 aircraft. Completion of required training documentation.
It also includes inspecting, assembling, maintaining, inventory management, and modernizing mechanical, electrical, electronic, and high explosive components of weapons and warheads, air launched missiles and associated test equipment.

Qualifications:

Must be a United States citizen. Must possess or be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance prior to deployment to the work site. Must have completed high school or GED and provide a certificate of completion. Must have at least 4 years of experience with the type of munitions loaded on F-16 aircraft. Must have previous certification as at least the equivalent of a USAF five (5) skill level in the 2W0X1 career field.

Other: Experience working with foreign nationals is highly desired and will be viewed as a positive element during employment consideration. F-16 Block 40 or higher experience preferred. Candidates with additional experience in any of the following areas are preferred; shop/flight line setup, debrief, field training detachment (FTD), technical order library maintenance, quality assurance, or modification teams. Experience in more than one of the aforementioned areas will be viewed as a positive element during employment consideration.

Email me for details... ****

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by cheez_1 » 28 Jan 2011, 00:00

This is cheez_1 and i am a weapons maintiner just recently seperated and am interested in this position any other details you can give me would be greatly appreciated and i also sent you some more info to your personal e-mail via my personal e-mail...let's get this show on the road, i'm your man...

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by Ejectmaster » 15 Mar 2011, 23:02

cheez_1, you off to Libya, congrats :-)
Egress 30+ years
ANG/AD/ART/IMA/Contract./USG
EB-57/B-52/T-33/T-38/T-6
F-4/F-16
Texas based

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by cheez_1 » 16 Mar 2011, 22:07

Nah man, not me i didn't get the job the positions were full by the time i got an answer,..still need a job though...

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by Ejectmaster » 17 Mar 2011, 00:21

Don't feel bad, know exactly how you feel...
LM knew our contract was ending for the Peace Caesar program in advance so instead of placing those who would be departing, they decided to hire outside for U.A.E. therefore giving me walking papers. They pulled this stunt 3 times with the U.A.E. contract in particular, definitely a company that cannot be relied on...
Another episode before this, I was on my first Christmas vacation when the project manager got a hold of me. Believe was the 23rd of December. Desired I was enjoying the holiday break and without skipping a beat informed me I would be "FIRED" upon the anniversary of the contract...he then apologized and said fired was not the word meant, that he desired to say laid off.... I thanked him for the wonderful news and hung up on him. A little time after that, He had my local manager recant and desired for me to continue on after my partner knew how they were treating me and saw no security for him & his family.

Word is definitely getting around about LM as there is some pretty bad vibes already within the sector.

Best to you, just be persistent.
Egress 30+ years
ANG/AD/ART/IMA/Contract./USG
EB-57/B-52/T-33/T-38/T-6
F-4/F-16
Texas based