Technician Openings in San Antonio

Forum for job postings and employment advice.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by alamo_city_vipers » 29 Oct 2010, 14:43

We currently have technician openings at the 149th for:

Phase, WL-10, Work Leader
Avionics, WG-12/13, Flightline Avionics

These are excepted civil service positions, you must be eligible for and be able to maintain military membership. Here is the website: http://www.texasnationalguard.us/jobs/default.asp

Here is the 149th website:
http://www.149fw.ang.af.mil/careers1/

There will be crew chief openings soon.

Good Luck.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by alamo_city_vipers » 12 Nov 2010, 16:27

There will be several openings on the website in the near future. Coming real soon, Flightline Crew Chief, WG-12; Munitions WG-10, Fuels WG-10, Hydraulics WG-10, Avionics Supervisor WS-12/13, EMF and CRF Chiefs, WS-14. I will post all new advertisements.

Both advertisements above, Phase and Avionics close on the 25th of Nov.

Good Luck.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by alamo_city_vipers » 07 Dec 2010, 14:43

AMXS Commander GS-12 is out, still waiting on the others, coming soon.

http://www.texasnationalguard.us/jobs/default.asp

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by Ejectmaster » 10 Dec 2010, 04:57

What in the world is going on there? Expansion, New Slots or many upcoming retirements?
Egress 30+ years
ANG/AD/ART/IMA/Contract./USG
EB-57/B-52/T-33/T-38/T-6
F-4/F-16
Texas based

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by alamo_city_vipers » 14 Dec 2010, 16:31

Upcoming retirements, we just finished a Compliance Inspection Sunday. A bunch of people delayed retirements the past year and a half or so. Now that the CI is over, the flood gates will open.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by alamo_city_vipers » 05 Jan 2011, 15:05

The Equipment Maintenance Flight Chief, WS-14 is open. Crew Chief, WG-12, Avionics WG-12/13 will be on the web any day.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by alamo_city_vipers » 07 Jan 2011, 14:57

Hydraulic Shop, WG-11 and Munitions Supervisor , WS-10, (AGR funding is available also, it's a different ad, check on the site).

Crew Chiefs and Avionics supervisor will be out any day!

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by alamo_city_vipers » 11 Jan 2011, 14:50

Crew Chiefs, WG-12, are out now. There are multiple vacancies.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by alamo_city_vipers » 13 Jan 2011, 16:21

Phase, WG-10, is out now as well. Pass on to your supply bretheren that there are openings there as well.

by Weasel_Keeper » 15 Jan 2011, 09:02

Thanks for the updates, hopefully some folks are clicking! Hopefully people realize that WG/WL positions pay very well compared to most blue collar on the outside and the work is steady.

Wonders what it would be like at my ANG base if we flushed a bunch of people...heh. WG-12 step 3 Crew Chief in Indiana ($50K)...although SA is nice I can't leave. :)
Cave Putorium!
SoWW #2485

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by alamo_city_vipers » 27 Jan 2011, 17:07

Several more announcements have hit, WS-10 Supervisor in Phase, SMSgt. Check the website, there are numerous announcements.

Good Luck, make sure you check the closing date, they are all different.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by alamo_city_vipers » 27 Jan 2011, 23:22

Avionics Superintendent, WS-13, is now open. Plenty of opportunities here in San Antonio for all career fields. Remember you must be able to maintain military membership, security clearance, fitness, medical, etc.

Good Luck

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by Ejectmaster » 28 Jan 2011, 19:36

A.C.V.,
Where do you work at out there? I ask as I am looking for an E-7 traditional slot either with the Guard or Reserve. Have just relocated from USAFE (Aviano) as a Reservist and am currently in IRR status. PHA good until EOM March. Current a AFSC 2A673 and am on my last enlistment with 4 years to go until my own personal fireworks!!

Was prior ANG with the 158th back in the hayday but need to get the mo again prior to my PHA expiration. Would rather speak to technicians on the ground before any recruiter as I don't like to get the non-shulant answers they always give.

I have an appointment with a Reserve recruiter on Wurzbach Road Monday, but would also like to chat with someone on your side of the house, then your local recruiter. Again I have my options open to either direction that would be most beneficial.

Lastly, when you all are on the road, are the orders Active tours or in another status? I enquire as I am currently a Federal Employee and this would also effect my status.

Appreciate you getting back with me when you can, the sooner the better as I desire to depart Sunday and remain in town overnight for the am appointment. Have not been to your city, so I know I will get turned around initially, par for the course.

Thank you.
Egress 30+ years
ANG/AD/ART/IMA/Contract./USG
EB-57/B-52/T-33/T-38/T-6
F-4/F-16
Texas based

by texizonan » 31 Jan 2011, 00:17

ACV,
I'm a 2w171 technician at the 162FW. Do you know if they would be willing to give me an opportunity for the Munitions Supervisors position. I went ahead and sent in an application. Also do you have any contact numbers.

Thanks for any info.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by alamo_city_vipers » 01 Feb 2011, 18:24

Ejectmaster wrote:A.C.V.,
Where do you work at out there? I ask as I am looking for an E-7 traditional slot either with the Guard or Reserve. Have just relocated from USAFE (Aviano) as a Reservist and am currently in IRR status. PHA good until EOM March. Current a AFSC 2A673 and am on my last enlistment with 4 years to go until my own personal fireworks!!

Was prior ANG with the 158th back in the hayday but need to get the mo again prior to my PHA expiration. Would rather speak to technicians on the ground before any recruiter as I don't like to get the non-shulant answers they always give.

I have an appointment with a Reserve recruiter on Wurzbach Road Monday, but would also like to chat with someone on your side of the house, then your local recruiter. Again I have my options open to either direction that would be most beneficial.

Lastly, when you all are on the road, are the orders Active tours or in another status? I enquire as I am currently a Federal Employee and this would also effect my status.

Appreciate you getting back with me when you can, the sooner the better as I desire to depart Sunday and remain in town overnight for the am appointment. Have not been to your city, so I know I will get turned around initially, par for the course.

Thank you.

Eject<
I am in the AMXS, here is the number for the accessories supt, SMSgt Tallant, 925-7442/7581. (DSN 945). As far as TDY, usually in AT status, we have several civil service employees with other agencies, isn't a problem as long as we give you a copy of your orders to give your boss. Sorry for not getting back with you earlier, I don't check this from home.

Good Luck.

Next