Thinking of applying for Saudi Arabia F-15 contract

Forum for job postings and employment advice.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by F31CrewDawg » 28 Feb 2011, 15:55

Yeah OS7 you pretty much laid it on the line. What they are doing now, the company that is, they are using Civil service ART pay scales. You are being paid close to that figure. I know that because my brother is a ART. Its still not too bad compared I suppose. Anyway thanks for you insight. Hey one more, do you know anything about Al Taif??

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by os7 » 28 Feb 2011, 17:13

thomasprestwood wrote:Yeah OS7 you pretty much laid it on the line. What they are doing now, the company that is, they are using Civil service ART pay scales. You are being paid close to that figure. I know that because my brother is a ART. Its still not too bad compared I suppose. Anyway thanks for you insight. Hey one more, do you know anything about Al Taif??

Spent some time at Taif and I can tell you it's not that bad. Weather wise it was similar to Khamis, diving the wall is incredible, and Jeddah is just a drive down the mountain. Remember there was a mall (probably more than one now) in Jeddah. As far as the base goes it depends on what company is in charge of the present contract. I'd take Khamis or Taif but would scrap Dhahran or Riyadh if given the choice.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by F31CrewDawg » 01 Mar 2011, 23:47

Sounds good OS7. Only wild card would be a major demo int the kingdom. It does seem to be spreading. How would you quantify that situation, would the kingdom be safe. I know thats a serious quesion/. Sorry to put u on he spot 7 you seem to be very resourceful.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by os7 » 02 Mar 2011, 14:18

Can you clarify the above"Major dem int the kingom"...? Not sure what you're asking.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by F31CrewDawg » 02 Mar 2011, 16:11

Yeah OS7. Of course I mean a major demonstration and uprising like we're seeing in other mid east and neighboring countries. Could get pretty hairy I imagine.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by os7 » 02 Mar 2011, 17:28

Understood. First, see below. This is a post from page 3 of this forum.

"I would like to chime in. I know 2 individuals in Khamis that are not renewing their contract and having AEC ship their crap back home. Both individuals had worked in the Kingdom since at least 1985 and were smart by saving their money for the last decade." (Read between the lines)

A URL that deserves reading the "fine print"
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... id=topnews

"King Abdullah, has announced new economic assistance to the population, possibly to preempt any unrest."

March 11 should be a precursor to things to come...

From all the above, it does seems likely that there will be uprisings, protests, etc. A few years before I arrived in Kingdom, back in the late 70s (I believe), there was an attempted coup against the Saudi monarchy and it was handled with violence from the military. From what I was told there were hundreds slaughtered, maybe more. The monarchy stayed in power and went back to "hand chopping" and "wife beatings" as usual. But I’m getting off track. The safest places to be stationed, I believe, if it hits the fan, are Khamis and Taif. Mind you, this is just my humble opinion. Geographically, those two bases are a bit more secluded from the main cities allowing, I feel, easier exit paths than Dhahran and Riyadh. Those two cities being so close to the Persian Gulf and Iran being across the pond would be more of a threat to the expats and their families. I would not under any circumstances bring my family, including pets, as the Saudi’s are known for their anger, hatred, and torture on animals… many expats do end up bringing pets, but you need to be able to leave everything at a moments notice and get on a plane, boat, camel, whatever it takes to leave safely. Please don’t forget that Arabs visit this site constantly and some are posting under an alias. Food for thought. I wish I could give you more insight but I have been out of pocket for many years. A small group of us had an alternative plan to exit the country should our main exit vehicle (C-130) be compromised.
Last edited by os7 on 03 Mar 2011, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.

by megous » 03 Mar 2011, 10:09

Kashi Viswanath Infrastructure has a dedicated workforce comprising of highly skilled engineers and competent professionals. They are involved from the concept to the completion of every project. An in-house software automated design and draft facility complements the team.
------------------------------------------ :idea: ---------------------------------------
false ceiling

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by F31CrewDawg » 03 Mar 2011, 17:42

Yeah OS7 the Washington Post article is a good read, but it sorta mirrors something I read in the Economist. Except for the names and a few of the places that could be the USA. It sounds like to me the Kingdom is probably one of the safetest places in the world to be. But still I don't know why u would consider Taif and Khamis to be the safest. Yeah there's a lot of issues out there. During the cold war it was all about the Bear. Now it seems that a permanent shift has occured and its centered in the mid east. Decisions decisions. what to do. No gr8 jobs here so u go there, but its a risk. Cheers and have a good one.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by os7 » 03 Mar 2011, 18:06

Do the same, good luck.

by shutemup » 23 Apr 2011, 13:50

It ain't all that bad, then again I was never under the old contract. It's okay, just not going to get rich.

Previous