Thinking of applying for Saudi Arabia F-15 contract

Forum for job postings and employment advice.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by F31CrewDawg » 05 Dec 2010, 09:12

Hey you guys seem pretty much up on it....I've been offered a tentative position at Khamis. Is the compound situation the same there? I guess Alsalam is alsalam no matter where you are. You really are painting a nightmarish scenario. I appreciate any lite you can shed on the situation.

by saudscks » 05 Dec 2010, 15:48

No roomates at Khamis and you will be staying at the same compound at nassim where we stayed with AEC. Compound isn't bad, as for the contract pay, bonuses, tickets, etc it sucks. What slot are you taking?

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by 0311 » 05 Dec 2010, 15:51

I highly recommend you stay away from al salam unless you are a raghead if you get what i am trying to say. They want saudization and thats what they are pushing for. Look for a job in saudi with anyone else but Al Salam

any compound with al salam is the slums.... The projects are in better shap

by worldrocker » 06 Dec 2010, 06:06

Greetings gents, I am against all the off-putting stuff said about living and working in Saudi Arabia and specially with the Ministery of Defence and Aviation! It is not true that AlSalam is treating its employees in unfair manner? Why then in one project AlSalam Aircraft Company has more than 240 Aircraft Technicians? The government of Saudi Arabia forbid these acts and no way will allow these things to happen! in fact this country looks after expatriates very well.

by MakoWes » 06 Dec 2010, 07:28

Worldrocker
You mean like the way this Expat was taken care of?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/2 ... 95292.html

Even if the Goverment doesnt allow it. Doesnt mean it not going to happen. As someone who has worked for the RSAF in At Taif. Mistreatment happens. Be it money or worse.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by 0311 » 06 Dec 2010, 13:56

To Worldrocker,

You were definitely not here when these so called people were jumping up and down with joy in their eyes when people were shown jumping out of the World Trade Center Towers. As far as MODA is concerned they are ONLY concerned when the squadrons sortie rate falls short.

Soon a high number of these planes will be broke come summer....And MODA will be scratching their backside trying to figure out whats wrong…Its Al Salam they didn’t take care of their employees they just didn’t GIVE A HOOT !!! So the majority left.. And that’s what is about to happen… AL SALAM only takes care of the SUCK A$$es

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by F31CrewDawg » 17 Dec 2010, 03:23

Greetings all, anyone know what their flying at Tabuk. I heard it was Cs and Ds. Is that place on the up and up.

by jim@tsi » 23 Dec 2010, 14:22

I have a one year contract in Saudi available. Must be able to do F-110 teardowns, not a borescope job, but full teardowns.

Recent experience, write me with your phone number!

F110
Tear down and build up

Pays $30 hr, $30 for OT
Per diem is $350/wk

if you worked a 50 hour week at $30 an hour + $50 a day per-diem:
50 x $30/hr = $1500 a week
1500 x 52 weeks = $78,000 a year
$78,000 + ( $350/wk * 52 weeks) = $96,200 a year
That is only 50 hours a week.

Housing provided, transportation, flight over paid for

No tools required

MUST have pp and be ready to leave in a VERY short time!

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by That_Engine_Guy » 23 Dec 2010, 23:21

My comments on this topic here: http://www.f-16.net/index.php?name=PNph ... 536#187536

Keep it professional and polite boys; makes for a better debate.

TEG
(Been to KSA too during Desert Shield/Storm, and Provide Relief and won't go back... regardless of the $$s)
[Airplanes are] near perfect, all they lack is the ability to forgive.
— Richard Collins

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by fiskerwad » 24 Dec 2010, 02:31

Darn, TEG!
Just when I thought I was going to get to see a good Marine barfight?
:-)
fisk

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by 0311 » 24 Dec 2010, 17:06

UNLESS you have had the lucky experience as I had of being and working in Saudi STAY AWAY UNLESS you get paid six figures plus, have a Multiple VISA to go to Bahrain if you get lucky enough to be at Dhaharn.

For those who wont listen go to www.aviationrecruiting.net ask for Mark to tell you all about Saudi.

Banned

by geogen » 27 Dec 2010, 05:45

IMHO, relax guys. Everyone, virtually every company is on a budget going forward. The 'greedy bastard' whining just won't cut it anymore folks, sorry. Not in France, nor in Germany. Everyone is going to take hits going forward, with the POSSIBLE exception of US public school union workers, oops, even that is now unavoidable. Is this saying that working conditions should never be challenged or protested, of course not.

Point is... even China is preparing citizens for inflation and 'cutting back'. Time to man up, face facts and work with the reality of the world. God save us..

Now if one has a partiuclar personal problem with adjusting the American ways and culture, then look elsewhere for a job when looking abroad and if one has a particular problem and issue with adjusting to a foreign system of culture and ways, e.g., Saudi, then apply elsewhere. Simple as that. But let's grow up people and keep things a bit more in control. That is all. Respects and God speed-
The Super-Viper has not yet begun to concede.

by ddjaxn » 27 Dec 2010, 15:31

It appears to me that we have a lot of spoiled wrench turners out there that are high on themselves. I have been active duty for over 30 years and 3 AFSC’s and would love an opportunity and challenge no matter who I work for. The bottom line is, are you good enough to take the challenge and make changes. If not I hear the Mc D’s needs people. Good luck to the ones that are ready and good riddance to those that are not.
Navy AO
P-3C Aircrew
A-7 crew dog
crew chief F-16 88-0530

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by 0311 » 27 Dec 2010, 15:43

SO you completed over 30 years of service very good.. So I dont beleive you turn wrenches any more.

Unless you have been divorced and you are on your second or third wife.

Usually CMSGT's normally Do Not have a long lifespan. Normally the ones that get out and have a job become Tech Reps Through the Good Ole Boy Connection.

Just because you have 3 AFSC's doesnt make a person an expert.. Hell You could have been a cop, a pencil pusher in the office and maybe a wrench turner for a limited time.

Unless you have been in Saudi working as a contractor you have NO IDEA of what it is like.

by ddjaxn » 27 Dec 2010, 16:02

0311 you know nothing about me as I know alot about you. I never claimed to be an expert, as a matter of fact I have never met a real expert only those person's who think they are. I would rather have someone willing to learn than someone that claims to be an expert......by the way I'm still in at the request of the AF. and YOU?
Navy AO
P-3C Aircrew
A-7 crew dog
crew chief F-16 88-0530

PreviousNext