Unread postPosted: 30 Mar 2005, 02:03
by noot127
127 MXS fuel shop here, where you from?

Unread postPosted: 30 Mar 2005, 03:14
by CajunMaintainer
51 MXS, Osan

Unread postPosted: 30 Mar 2005, 03:17
by noot127
how many wings have you changed? we just got done with one on the fuels end but it has been a month and weapons still is having problems. scraping sealant on the bolt holes is terrible isn't it.

Unread postPosted: 30 Mar 2005, 05:14
by falconmaintainer
56 CMS Luke. Wing changes are not bad. I guess once you do several they become easy. Done several at luke, got to the point where we had to do double changes too. Not counting the time it takes the rest of the maintenancer's to take the crap off leading and trailing edge. Can have a wing down, scraped, and new one on if already there from supply in about 4 days (non-stop work 2 shifts of dedicated crew) ready for flight line.

Unread postPosted: 30 Mar 2005, 05:18
by noot127
We only had two guys. One had done a wing change and I hadn't. Working one shift with an electrician trying to help the scraping took a while. I think that the next will be easier. We had the perfect scenario of to many chiefs and not enough indians though.

Unread postPosted: 30 Mar 2005, 05:31
by falconmaintainer
noot127 wrote:We had the perfect scenario of to many chiefs and not enough indians though.

Have seen that before on touble shooting imbalance's. The next wing changes will become real easy. You probably saw some things you don't have to do, and other ways to doing it, of course following the T.O. I hate pulling Right wings, the lefts one are so much easier. we usually try to have 3-4 bodies on the jet pulling the wing, but of course we have the manning for that too. Only cause we have 180(+/- a few) pieces of crap to maintain.

Unread postPosted: 30 Mar 2005, 05:36
by noot127
You must be refering to the plumbing nightmare on the right side luckily my first song and dance was a left. WHat do you know about ambient sense port leaks. More specifically right side aft port? The FI and the job guides contradict each other. I finally broke down and just ordered the ext. V&P. I still cannot see how fuel enters the sense port line to start with though. The line is solid through the F-2 and all the way out. My only thought is the fuel has to somehow be coming throough the ECS. If that is the case though a new V&P will still leak the fuel that is coming from the pressure side to the sensing side. If you have any helpful tips it would be helpful.

Unread postPosted: 30 Mar 2005, 06:27
by Tankrat
Thunderbird Fuels here

Unread postPosted: 30 Mar 2005, 06:28
by Tankrat
falconmaintainer wrote:56 CMS Luke. Wing changes are not bad. I guess once you do several they become easy. Done several at luke, got to the point where we had to do double changes too. Not counting the time it takes the rest of the maintenancer's to take the crap off leading and trailing edge. Can have a wing down, scraped, and new one on if already there from supply in about 4 days (non-stop work 2 shifts of dedicated crew) ready for flight line.

I dont miss those days!

Unread postPosted: 30 Mar 2005, 06:30
by Tankrat
noot127 wrote:You must be refering to the plumbing nightmare on the right side luckily my first song and dance was a left. WHat do you know about ambient sense port leaks. More specifically right side aft port? The FI and the job guides contradict each other. I finally broke down and just ordered the ext. V&P. I still cannot see how fuel enters the sense port line to start with though. The line is solid through the F-2 and all the way out. My only thought is the fuel has to somehow be coming throough the ECS. If that is the case though a new V&P will still leak the fuel that is coming from the pressure side to the sensing side. If you have any helpful tips it would be helpful.

Have you put the V&P tester on the sense port? you will be able to tell very quickly whats going on, most likley a break/loose b-nut in the air lines, this has been the case with a few that I have had.

Unread postPosted: 30 Mar 2005, 16:34
by CajunMaintainer
If its anything like our V&P testers, we can't get the damn thing to make a vaccuum......PACAF is so broke.

Unread postPosted: 30 Mar 2005, 16:43
by CajunMaintainer
FALCONMAINTAINER, we just got a Luke troop in. Smedly. He is a cool guy. I went to tech school w/ Tartt and Hooper. Are they still there?

Unread postPosted: 30 Mar 2005, 19:38
by Tankrat
Smedly is a sharp guy, tell him Lee said hi.

Unread postPosted: 30 Mar 2005, 22:01
by luckyF-16
162nd FW Tucson AZ. Prior fuel systems dude. Currently waiting on pilot training.

Unread postPosted: 31 Mar 2005, 02:29
by falconmaintainer
CajunMaintainer wrote:FALCONMAINTAINER, we just got a Luke troop in. Smedly. He is a cool guy. I went to tech school w/ Tartt and Hooper. Are they still there?

Yeah Tartt and Hooper are still there, and do me a favor tell Smedley that Stephanie from Luke said hello.

noot127 wrote:WHat do you know about ambient sense port leaks.

V&P Tester is the best thing for the leaks. Most time it comes down to a bad V&P, but other times a loosee B-Nut.

tankrat wrote:I dont miss those days!

Now Lee you know you would love to come back down and help us pull another dozen wings. LOL

Unread postPosted: 23 Jun 2005, 01:08
by jaws
Toledo, OH block 42 112FS/180FW "Stingers"

Unread postPosted: 27 Feb 2006, 04:20
by FixerOfFalcons
Former Fuel Shopper here!
Did 6 years of fuel shop, 2 yrs of MOC, and then another 5 1/2 yrs of smelling like JP-8 (2 of that military, and 3 1/2 with Lockheed Martin)

Unread postPosted: 28 Feb 2006, 05:11
by Gibby1986
Come on Tankrat you had fun here at Luke.

Unread postPosted: 02 Mar 2006, 04:45
by Gibby1986
Any other Fuel Shoppers out there?

Unread postPosted: 24 Jul 2008, 03:40
by skippy
432nd CRS fuel shop Misawa 89 to 92
McChord fuel shop 92 and 93

Unread postPosted: 08 Oct 2008, 19:40
by CajunMaintainer
2 MXX Fuel Shop
Barksdale, LA.....For now. About to go to Luke.

Unread postPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 06:44
by bealio
Stop playing Xbox and get to work!

Unread postPosted: 09 Oct 2008, 13:14
by CajunMaintainer
We are taking a break between levels.....might fix a plane or two this week.

Unread postPosted: 27 Jul 2010, 12:52
by Cali
Another Fuels guy here, stationed at Luke.

Unread postPosted: 16 Aug 2010, 23:10
by dirtyd0
169th fuel shop

Unread postPosted: 17 Aug 2011, 01:20
by Cali
CajunMaintainer wrote:We are taking a break between levels.....might fix a plane or two this week.

Is this Champ?

Re: Fuel Shop

Unread postPosted: 28 Feb 2019, 02:28
by rogersj8
hello there, im from the 482 mxs homestead fl fuel shop. would like to talk with someone that is or has worked with lockheed martin over in balad. thanks in advance.