16 TFTS

Search for former friends and colleagues from the military or defense industry, announce a reunion, ...

by rcoll » 14 Nov 2013, 20:15

I was also a "B" shopper in the 16th from '80-'83. Do remember the black radomes and the 1/32 scale F-16A model I'm currently working on has a black radome and when finished will have "balls 8" tail number, heh.

These are some of the names I remember: Mike Hoag, Kyle Jones, Ed Varley, Ed Smith, Paul Westphal, Smokey Olsmit, Jeff Willyoung(sic), James Speed, Al Otley, Al Cunningham, David Wright, Ike Wheeler and I want to say another cc, Michael Haggard, Chris Cochran, Curtis Boyette, Richard Walentiney, the "K-Ball King" Msgt Satri (sic) in his little blue truck...

by tankardman1 » 22 Mar 2014, 16:38

Hey Joni, I was posted to the 16th AMU from the summer of 81 to Jan. of 84 when I was sent to Kunsan. I worked "A" shop. I remember a blonde named Joni while I was there....a crew chief if I remember correctly. Same person? We did a TDY stint at Lackland in 82 I think it was. Remember partying in a bar just outside of base. Sometimes I wish I could relive those times.

by tankardman1 » 22 Mar 2014, 16:44

Hey dude, I was an "A" shop puke from 80 to 84. Sure do miss those times. I went to Kunsan in 84 before exiting the service. I remember a big push to name the plane "Viper" instead. There was even a photo rendering floating around at the time.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by singe » 05 Jul 2014, 22:47

tankardman1 wrote:Hey Joni, I was posted to the 16th AMU from the summer of 81 to Jan. of 84 when I was sent to Kunsan. I worked "A" shop. I remember a blonde named Joni while I was there....a crew chief if I remember correctly. Same person? We did a TDY stint at Lackland in 82 I think it was. Remember partying in a bar just outside of base. Sometimes I wish I could relive those times.

hey what is your last name i knew most of the A Shoppers !!

Previous