AFROTC cadet - First post

Let us know what your connection is with the aircraft, tell us where you're from and what you like!

by slapshot! » 13 Jul 2015, 00:30

Hi guys, Im a long time reader and first time poster to the forum. I am an AFROTC cadet hoping to become a Viper driver in the future. Im also a mechanical engineering major and former automotive mechanic.

Its nice to "meet" you all :D

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by popcorn » 13 Jul 2015, 00:45

slapshot! wrote:Hi guys, Im a long time reader and first time poster to the forum. I am an AFROTC cadet hoping to become a Viper driver in the future. Im also a mechanical engineering major and former automotive mechanic.

Its nice to "meet" you all :D

Welcome slapshot..
"When a fifth-generation fighter meets a fourth-generation fighter—the [latter] dies,”
CSAF Gen. Mark Welsh

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by huggy » 13 Jul 2015, 02:47

Welcome.
Have you obtained your pilot slot yet? Do they still award those at the end of your sophomore year or beginning of junior year?

by slapshot! » 13 Jul 2015, 02:51

huggy wrote:Welcome.
Have you obtained your pilot slot yet? Do they still award those at the end of your sophomore year or beginning of junior year?

I am still competing for SFT, I start the sophomore year in the fall. I compete in my Junior year and should know sometime in March 2017 if I got a UPT/ENJJPT slot.

Fingers Crossed!