Newbie - 70yrs - FS2004

Let us know what your connection is with the aircraft, tell us where you're from and what you like!

by romeotango » 14 Nov 2011, 23:08

Hi,

Just joined the Forum so Hello to you all,

Like others i have visited this site often over the years as i have always had an interest in the F16, i use FS2004 and fly the Lago and Kirk Olsson versions, i do find Kirks the best and with Eric Marciano's panel have fun and practice interceping the Ai, i have ordered Falcon 4.0 Allied Force this week and hopefully i will enjoy the challenge of getting nearer to what a real F16 is like!!

I am 70 yrs old and the wife says i'm to old to start learning this sort of thing but it will keep the grey matter active if nothing else! and being retired time is the one thing i have plenty of, :D

The thing that will be interesting is finding out how to use the armament as this has been lacking in FS2004, i have been looking at Video's etc on F4AF and i understand that there is an addon that improves the scenery in it so that will be a start, after which i will start going though the manual :pint: i will want a few of these, and hopefully keeping in touch with you guys on here,

I'm sorry for the long post!

Cheers,

Roger.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by energo » 19 Sep 2012, 19:51

romeotango wrote:Hi,

Like others i have visited this site often over the years as i have always had an interest in the F16, i use FS2004 and fly the Lago and Kirk Olsson versions, i do find Kirks the best and with Eric Marciano's panel have fun and practice interceping the Ai, i have ordered Falcon 4.0 Allied Force this week and hopefully i will enjoy the challenge of getting nearer to what a real F16 is like!!

I am 70 yrs old and the wife says i'm to old to start learning this sort of thing but it will keep the grey matter active if nothing else! and being retired time is the one thing i have plenty of, :D

The thing that will be interesting is finding out how to use the armament as this has been lacking in FS2004, i have been looking at Video's etc on F4AF and i understand that there is an addon that improves the scenery in it so that will be a start, after which i will start going though the manual :pint: i will want a few of these, and hopefully keeping in touch with you guys on here,

Cheers,

Roger.

Roger, a little belated welcome here. Enjoy and hope your F-16 'flying' is providing oodles of fun. :crazypilot:

B. Bolsøy/Oslo

by jethomasjr » 26 Sep 2012, 21:32

romeotango wrote:Hi,

Cheers,

Roger.

Welcome. Check out www.benchmarksims.org. There you will find the most up to date information on Falcon 4.0. It is an upgrade basically patched over the original install of Falcon 4.0. With that it is then called Falcon BMS 4.32. The graphics are awesome.

jethomasjr