Great Website

Let us know what your connection is with the aircraft, tell us where you're from and what you like!

by thisisfuelshop » 16 Oct 2010, 07:39

hey everybody.my name's patrick.i'm stationed at eielson afb in alaska,originally from alabama.i've been working on the fuel systems for block 30's for over 2 years now.i have so much love/hate for the f-16.this is a very informational website.proud to be a member finally.

by kori » 16 Oct 2010, 18:15

Welcome to the site :)
Nothing I hate about the viper, then again, I've never flown it or worked on it :P
Enjoy your stay
I'm safer up here, then you are down there.

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by That_Engine_Guy » 17 Oct 2010, 04:11

...it's not that we maintenance folks hate all the Vipers, just on occasion one gets under our skin and becomes a sore we can't be rid of...

THAT's when a guy (or gal) wants to roll said Viper (the broken one that fights every effort made to fix it) off the ramp into the drainage ditch at the end, fill the ditch with some spare JP8 and set it on fire.... some days it would be so much easier.

Obviously we never take things that far, we either calm down or prevail over the stubbornness of the hard-broke Viper. :cheers:

BTW, I don't think are there any write-offs for maintenance-rage? (IE Jet parked in ditch and BBQ'd for multiple CND Red-X discrepancies?)

and welcome FuelS!

Keep 'em flyin' (stress free)
TEG
[Airplanes are] near perfect, all they lack is the ability to forgive.
— Richard Collins

by kori » 17 Oct 2010, 07:52

Haha I can see how that would be frustrating, my hat goes off to you maitenance guys, those vipers wouldn't be in the sky without you :)
I'm safer up here, then you are down there.