ACES structure - request for help

Always wondered why the F-16 has a tailhook, or how big a bigmouth F-16's mouth really is ? Find it out here !

by seeky » 22 Feb 2019, 10:24

Hello guys,

I'm working on a repro ACES that I'm trying to make as close to the real one as possible for my sim (consider it a cool engineering project).
I'm looking for someone with access to a real seat who could answer a few questions / take a few pictures of specific details of the seat to help solving several issues I have with the construction.
Should you be ready to give me a hand, feel free to tell me :)

Thank you guys!

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by cupra » 23 Feb 2019, 10:21

Go on, what do you need? Have an unused ACESII with the new chute container straight right hand sitting :D The only thing that must be repaired is the interial reel for the belts.. but was too lazy for it until now :(

Forgot to tell I can just give you worldwide used metric information. Not that strange measurements just used in Liberia, Myanmar and the USA :P :roll:

by seeky » 23 Feb 2019, 14:20

Thank you for your help! :D

Here's what I'm looking for:

- The stuff behind this riveting line (I believe it's hidden behind the parachute head mortar). I think it's only a protection for the parachute risers but I'm not sure. It should be right under the riser upper "pulley" assembly (in red on this picture).

- I understand the back rest sides are joined by 2 U-shaped struts (in red on this picture). The upper one has sort of "tabs" on its aft face, that goes through 2 slots on the sides of the back rest. I think the lower strut has those tabs on both fwd and aft faces, as shown on the picture. I believe they go in bigger slots, again as pictured. Is that correct?

- How is the lower strut attached to the back rest sides? I.e. is that correct? Could you picture the parts where I put dots there?

- How are those tabs attached to the seat bucket sides? (basically, how are the back rest and the seat bucket sides joined together). Maybe pictures from these viewing angles would help with that regard.

I know they're difficult to get to. Either pictures or even comments on how it's made would be a tremendous help to me. Thanks again. :notworthy:

P3282609 copie.jpg

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by cupra » 24 Feb 2019, 11:10

Behind the riveting line is nothing. Just the motar tube part. But impossible to make a picture :( Too much other stuff in this seat.

For the other picture I have to remove some parts first. Actual no possible view inside :) But I can give you some oics of the base construction.

If you send me you e-mail I can send you pictures from every side / view you need. For th board it is a little bit too big.
Attachments
DSCN1077 (Large).JPG
DSCN1078 (Large).JPG
DSCN1080 (Large).JPG

by seeky » 24 Feb 2019, 12:48

Check MP :D

by seeky » 27 Mar 2019, 20:02

Hi cupra, I'm afraid your inbox might be full as I don't seem to be able to reach you via PM :wink: