UAE Getting F-35s with New Israeli Peace Deal?

Discuss the F-35 Lightning II
  • Author

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

• Warnings: -2

Unread post31 Aug 2020, 05:13

Somewhere in the DIM past LM had a world map of potential buyers with some of the mid-East included twenty years ago?
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber

mixelflick

Elite 4K

Elite 4K

Unread post31 Aug 2020, 14:26

spazsinbad wrote:All this has been 'worried' about before today. IF a country does not like the setup then they should not participate. As stated countries have firewalls in place to filter data to their requirements, & they participate in the program to this day.

I'm pleased you went to the trouble to NOT post the URL for the quote used above - it is here: MORE FUD than FUD:

FUD = Fear Uncertainty Doubt : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear,_unc ... _and_doubt
Here's How The United States Could Allay Israeli Concerns Over Selling F-35s To The UAE
27 Aug 2020 Joseph Trevithick

"...[scroll down to the heading for the quote above]: "The F-35's heavily networked nature...

...The U.S. military is also now in the process of transition from ALIS, which has been long criticized for not working properly, a saga you can read about in more detail in this past War Zone piece, to ODIN. In addition to hopefully addressing many of the long-standing issues with ALIS, this new system is notably a U.S. government-owned product, rather than proprietary Lockheed Martin one. This raises the possibility that the U.S. government may be able to further develop an export-specific version with reduced capabilities and built-in backdoor safeguards for certain future customers, even beyond the UAE...." [so if any potential buyer does not like this potential setup then they should not buy]

Source: https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/3 ... to-the-uae

OK, I see. Now that you have to acknowledge the possibility exists, you move the goal posts by stating "If the potential buyer does not like the potential setup, then they should not buy".

Got it.

Why not just say, "OK .. I guess the potential does exist..." - and just admit you were wrong? You can then go on to say why you think the potential is slim, etc etc.. But nope, can't do that. That would be admitting you were wrong.

It's OK to be wrong, you know. Doesn't invalidate your other contributions to this board. But moving the goalposts? That's beneath you man. Or at least I thought it was.

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

• Warnings: -2

Unread post31 Aug 2020, 14:44

spazsinbad wrote:'mixelflick' is back with the FUD: "... In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the US could ground them at will...." Pray tell how will this be done and IF possible why would the UAE allow such a function and don't tell me it is all a secret. SPILL! :wink:

Talk about moving the goalposts. This is the quote of yourn I had issues with. Then you found a recent 'article' (about how the US has more or less grounded F-16s and how this may apply to F-35s) by the SUPREME FUD Merchant Trevithick. ???

Then for some reason you add potential to 'my words'. IF a buyer does not like the setup then they should not buy. Simple.
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber
Previous

Return to General F-35 Forum