Discuss the F-35 Lightning II
  • Author

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

• Warnings: -2

Unread post24 Jul 2020, 08:40

spazsinbad wrote:
weasel1962 wrote:I like these posers. Australian harrier pilot serving on an British carrier...
&
"...RAAF F-18 pilots are carrier qualified yet no one is arguing they were bought for operations onboard other carriers...."

What are you referring to here? Where is the reference to this statement which needs context. Are you indicating the past or present. Without any other information or URL your statements are just silly. So how about some more details. Thanks.

No answer to my questions above. What is this above statement by 'weasel1962' about? Buehler? Anyone? I'll state plainly:
RAAF F-18 pilots are NOT carrier qualified (that would be one reason why the USN/France does not want them onboard).

RAAF Legacy Hornets were made carrier inoperable from the getgo - mentioned a few times on this forum IIRC.
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber

weasel1962

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post24 Jul 2020, 09:21

Even Swiss and Finnish hornet pilots have landed hornets on CVNs. Now how did that happen. More posers....

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post24 Jul 2020, 09:25

I'm not interested in what other than RAAF Legacy Hornet Pilots are capable. Perhaps in the distant past an exchange RAAF pilot or two did carrier qualify in their initial USN training (I think BINSKIN [A4G qualled] was one such) but there after when usual RAAF Legacy Hornet training in Australia there was no such carqual. So one or two RAAF pilots carqualled does NOT make the RAAF Legacy Hornet pilots carrier qualified. CAPICE? What is your deal with 'posers'. Jealous much?

Now what is the deal about 'Australian Harrier Pilots'. I can tell you lots but I want to hear what you are talking about 1st.

Good change of topic with the Finny & Swissy PIlot - not related to the 'RAAF Carrier Qualified' though. HUH? FLY NAVY .
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber

eagle3000

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

Unread post24 Jul 2020, 20:11

weasel1962 wrote:Even Swiss and Finnish hornet pilots have landed hornets on CVNs. Now how did that happen. More posers....

One exchange pilot does not make pilots (plural!) carrier qualified in general.

Australian, Swiss or Finnish Hornet pilots are not carried qualified. Except the odd exchange pilot that has been qualified at some point.
Or can you provide a source that explains the training programs of those countries? Because they would have to send all the pilots to the US.
Swiss pilots certainly, and for the others I'm fairly certain as well, do all their training at home.

weasel1962

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post25 Jul 2020, 00:57

Thank you for making my point. I said to the QEs have space for Aussie Bs. Somebody reads it to mean Australia has to buy Bees for the Brits. I state Aussie pilots are carrier qualified, someone adds the word "All" to pilots being carrier qualified, even though I never said it.

Wouldn't it be strange that ALL pilots are carrier qualified when the country doesn't have a carrier? and yes, there is more than one Aussie pilot that's carrier qualified so grammatically, I need to say "pilot" and not "pilots"? That's beyond an*l. Chill.

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

Unread post25 Jul 2020, 01:27

weasel1962 wrote:Thank you for making my point. I said to the QEs have space for Aussie Bs. Somebody reads it to mean Australia has to buy Bees for the Brits. I state Aussie pilots are carrier qualified, someone adds the word "All" to pilots being carrier qualified, even though I never said it.

Wouldn't it be strange that ALL pilots are carrier qualified when the country doesn't have a carrier? and yes, there is more than one Aussie pilot that's carrier qualified so grammatically, I need to say "pilot" and not "pilots"? That's beyond an*l. Chill.

I had a look & nobody said "ALL blah blah blah". Yes you need to explain the Aussie Harrier Poser Pilot comment. Thanks.
weasel1962 wrote: I like these posers. Australian harrier pilot serving on an British carrier...
Previous

Return to General F-35 Forum