Israeli F35 bombing Iranian in Iraq

Discuss the F-35 Lightning II

by boilermaker » 31 Jul 2019, 07:36

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 31 Jul 2019, 09:42

Is Israel Flying F-35s In Iraq To Hit Iran Missile Shipments?
30 Jul 2019 Arie Egozi & Paul McLeary

"New reports emerge of Israeli strikes in Iraq, as a prominent Senator (and Trump ally) pushes a new security pact between Washington and Jerusalem.

TEL AVIV and WASHINGTON: Reports are emerging of Israeli strikes inside Iraq targeting Iranian ballistic missile shipments. If true, the reported F-35Is missions targeting two Iranian bases would represent a sharp escalation of Israeli attacks on Iranian forces operating in the region, and mark the first Israeli strikes in Iraq since the bold 1981 bombing that destroyed Saddam Hussein’s nascent nuclear program.

The London-based Al-Sharq Al-Awsat newspaper reported that Israel attacked one camp in Salah-Din Province in northwestern Iraq using F-35I aircraft, contradicting initial reports which claimed an unmanned aircraft carried out the strike. Adding to that report, Al-Arabiya said the bombing killed several Hezbollah officers along with members of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard. Reports indicate that the target was home to Iranian-produced ballistic missiles concealed in food refrigeration trucks....

...Israel has kept silent about the attacks, but they would fit within the Israeli policy of doing everything needed to prevent Iran from using its allies and proxies to place rockets and missiles close to Israel. In 2018, Israel admitted that it had launched more than 200 strikes in Syria, including strikes by the F-35I.…"

Source: https://breakingdefense.com/2019/07/is- ... shipments/

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by mixelflick » 31 Jul 2019, 11:53

As I suspected, they are wasting no time in putting their F-35's to good use.

They'll likely score the first air to air combat kill as well, only a matter of time..

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sferrin » 31 Jul 2019, 12:23

mixelflick wrote:As I suspected, they are wasting no time in putting their F-35's to good use.

They'll likely score the first air to air combat kill as well, only a matter of time..

Hopefully it won't be against a Tomcat. :cry:
"There I was. . ."

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by mixelflick » 01 Aug 2019, 12:08

sferrin wrote:
mixelflick wrote:As I suspected, they are wasting no time in putting their F-35's to good use.

Certainly a possibility! :)

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by ricnunes » 01 Aug 2019, 12:15

mixelflick wrote:
sferrin wrote:

Certainly a possibility! :)

Yup indeed.
I would say that the chances for this are quite high indeed.
“Active stealth” is what the ignorant nay sayers call EW and pretend like it’s new.