Basement Dweller Butthurt.

Unread postPosted: 02 May 2019, 13:26
by sferrin
(EDITOR’S NOTE: US Air Force F-35A fighters waited two weeks after landing at Al Dhafra air base, in the United Arab Emirates, before they carried out their first combat mission, dropping a single JDAM bomb against a cave – 32 months after reaching their Initial Operational Capabiity.
A two-week wait to hit a target that isn’t going anywhere is a bit of an anti-climax to the first US Air Force air strike using the F-35A, almost 20 years after the aircraft was selected for development.
Absent an explanation, and a rationale, the two-week wait before the air strike – whose result has not been released – suggests that it was unforeseen, which prompts speculation that it may have caused by a maintenance issue.
Sending two aircraft to drop a single bomb isn’t an impressive feat to recount, especially as in the absence of any opposition requiring the aircraft’s claimed “stealth,” any aircraft could have dropped the same bomb at a far lesser cost.
In fact, the Air Force went out of its way to demonstrate that stealth was not needed for the mission by fitting Luneburg reflectors to each wing, and by carrying Sidewinder missiles on the outboard weapon stations, which multiply their radar cross-section and thus make the aircraft very visible on radar.)

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articl ... -cave.html

Re: Basement Dweller Butthurt.

Unread postPosted: 02 May 2019, 15:51
by SpudmanWP
Is anyone surprised that he took May 1st off?

Unread postPosted: 02 May 2019, 18:00
by viper12
Giovanni de Briganti as editor. 'Nuff said.

Unread postPosted: 02 May 2019, 19:32
by quicksilver
viper12 wrote:Giovanni de Briganti as editor. 'Nuff said.

Yep. One who is dead set on finding problems will usually find some — often, in spite of the reality.

Unread postPosted: 02 May 2019, 20:17
by citanon
That's almost as stupid as this one:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/science/ ... martin/amp

Or is it more stupid? I can't tell.

Unread postPosted: 02 May 2019, 21:27
by viper12
Is it me or the Express' article tries to complete a bingo card of falsehoods ? I think they got an average of at least one falsehood/misleading statement per sentence...

Unread postPosted: 02 May 2019, 21:43
by juretrn
They literally went to this question
https://www.quora.com/Is-an-F-22-Raptor ... n-the-F-35
and took the top three answers. That's it. Quality reporting!

Unread postPosted: 02 May 2019, 22:08
by SpudmanWP
This is golden

At Red Flag the F-22 has a roughly 100:1 kill ratio against F-16s, while the F-35 so far has about 20:1 against F-16 opponents. This suggests a big superiority for air-to-air combat for the F-22, which is what you would expect.

Someone should let them know that the 100:1 is across multiple exercises and the 20:1 is just a single one.

But hey, the maths is hard....

Unread postPosted: 02 May 2019, 22:28
by marsavian
It is quite sad that in the internet age with more data at everyone's disposal the quality of professional journalism had actually gone down significantly. Perhaps they lack the intelligence to filter the signal from all the noise out there.

Unread postPosted: 07 May 2019, 04:32
by krieger22
marsavian wrote:It is quite sad that in the internet age with more data at everyone's disposal the quality of professional journalism had actually gone down significantly. Perhaps they lack the intelligence to filter the signal from all the noise out there.

The people running the financial side of newsrooms don't want to spend on hiring people who know what they're talking about, and those who do know what they're talking about tend to get headhunted by organizations other than news sites.

Or it's there, but it's paywalled. All the Wall Street Journal articles about the latest revelations regarding the 737 MAX are all paywalled. A dumpster fire of an IEEE Spectrum article on it? Free access! Guess what people are going to read.

viper12 wrote:Is it me or the Express' article tries to complete a bingo card of falsehoods ? I think they got an average of at least one falsehood/misleading statement per sentence...

It's not called the Daily Sexpress for nothing. The British tabloid press is to be trusted under literally no circumstances.

Unread postPosted: 07 May 2019, 05:03
by spazsinbad
"...It's not called the Daily Sexpress for nothing. The British tabloid press is to be trusted under literally no circumstances."
It is truly awful. Sadly the formerly Oz Newstrash Typoon MurderDoc has a lot to answer for the wrapper rubbish <sigh>.

Unread postPosted: 07 May 2019, 13:35
by sferrin
Flight Data Recorder from Japan's Crashed F-35A Retrieved, But Key Data Still Missing (excerpt)

The Defense Ministry has retrieved part of the flight data recorder from a F-35A stealth fighter that went missing last month, but it was heavily damaged and did not include a storage device to record speed and altitude data, Defense Minister Takeshi Iwaya told reporters Tuesday.

(EDITOR’S NOTE: This article mentions, just in passing, that the F-35’s flight recorder “did not include a storage device to record speed and altitude data,” a stunning omission on an aircraft that has been hailed for 20 years as the most sophisticated fighter ever built.
Conveniently for its backers, this means that the causes of the unexplained incident will probably never be ascertained, and therefore will not further degrade the aircraft’s reputation.)

Of course it's Giovanni de Briganti.

Unread postPosted: 07 May 2019, 16:42
by SpudmanWP
lol.. like "speed and altitude" would tell it "why" it crashed as opposed to the speed it was going when it crashed... :doh:

Unread postPosted: 07 May 2019, 19:22
by spazsinbad
Thanks 'sferrin' "part of" indeed. :devil: When will Briganti discover his loose screws? Under the nearest lamppost I guess. :doh:

Unread postPosted: 07 May 2019, 19:52
by SpudmanWP
Is it just me or did the original news post say that it was the recording media that was not found and not that the data was not recorded. But hey, I'm just the kind of guy that wants to get down to the facts of the case rather than just reading headline :roll:

Unread postPosted: 08 May 2019, 04:10
by Dragon029
Correct, what they found was a very badly damaged flight data recorder with the storage medium (the solid state drives or whatever) missing.

This will make investigator's life a lot harder, but (if I'm not misunderstanding an F-35 maintainer I've spoken with) the F-35A's black box is apparently stored in the base of the left vertical stabiliser (presumably in the avionics bay back there, near the rear-lower MADL arrays), so the fact that it's basically been destroyed would suggest that this might have been a rather high speed crash.

Unread postPosted: 08 May 2019, 04:23
by optimist
spazsinbad wrote:
"...It's not called the Daily Sexpress for nothing. The British tabloid press is to be trusted under literally no circumstances."
It is truly awful. Sadly the formerly Oz Newstrash Typoon MurderDoc has a lot to answer for the wrapper rubbish <sigh>.

What is really funny, is the little boy from Adelaide. Helping his dad's small volume, daily rag. Has gone on to be the puppet master of the right wing, in an influential country. He is in effect, the most powerful man in the world.

Unread postPosted: 08 May 2019, 07:20
by XanderCrews
krieger22 wrote:
marsavian wrote:It is quite sad that in the internet age with more data at everyone's disposal the quality of professional journalism had actually gone down significantly. Perhaps they lack the intelligence to filter the signal from all the noise out there.

The people running the financial side of newsrooms don't want to spend on hiring people who know what they're talking about, and those who do know what they're talking about tend to get headhunted by organizations other than news sites.

Or it's there, but it's paywalled. All the Wall Street Journal articles about the latest revelations regarding the 737 MAX are all paywalled. A dumpster fire of an IEEE Spectrum article on it? Free access! Guess what people are going to read.

viper12 wrote:Is it me or the Express' article tries to complete a bingo card of falsehoods ? I think they got an average of at least one falsehood/misleading statement per sentence...

It's not called the Daily Sexpress for nothing. The British tabloid press is to be trusted under literally no circumstances.

“Most of the outlets are reporting on world events from Washington. The average reporter we talk to is 27 years old, and their only reporting experience consists of being around political campaigns. That’s a sea change. They literally know nothing.”
Ben Rhodes, Obama advisor.

The don't have the money to have foreign bureaus anymore.

before the phrase "fake news" took off I was trying to articulate the click bait dunning krueger examples I saw everywhere. Tyler Rogoaway being one of them, but david axe is another prime example.

People may not like Trump, but hes 100 percent right on the sorry state of the media. And they're completely clueless that they're clueless. Thats how they blew one of the biggest stories of the 21st century:

And the irony of that, is no one should be more mad than the left.

Unread postPosted: 08 May 2019, 15:42
by krieger22
Funny you mention Ben Rhodes, since he's also been a pretty spectacular symptom of that ever since leaving the White House. Still, there's got to be something inspiring about someone with a creative writing degree of all things directing government policy...

Anyway, back on topic

Unread postPosted: 08 May 2019, 15:48
by optimist
Bring it on. I want to see TOP GUN II

Unread postPosted: 08 May 2019, 16:44
by XanderCrews
krieger22 wrote:Funny you mention Ben Rhodes, since he's also been a pretty spectacular symptom of that ever since leaving the White House. Still, there's got to be something inspiring about someone with a creative writing degree of all things directing government policy...

Anyway, back on topic

Why didn't the navy just invest in 300 million dollar a piece hybrids of F-14/F-22?! If it only it had don'e that we could have 12 carriers sharing about 200 fighters right now!!!

Looks like that "f-14" has had a lot more than a FBW upgrade too...

Why navy so dumb?!

Unread postPosted: 08 May 2019, 17:43
by sferrin
Dragon029 wrote:Correct, what they found was a very badly damaged flight data recorder with the storage medium (the solid state drives or whatever) missing.

I take it the storage medium is not actually part of the data recorder? Is that normal? :|

Unread postPosted: 08 May 2019, 19:22
by SpudmanWP
Crash analysis is not the primary reason for the military data recorders.

Unread postPosted: 08 May 2019, 21:45
by Dragon029
sferrin wrote:
Dragon029 wrote:Correct, what they found was a very badly damaged flight data recorder with the storage medium (the solid state drives or whatever) missing.

I take it the storage medium is not actually part of the data recorder? Is that normal? :|

I'm under the understanding that it is (what is a flight data recorder if not something that records data); the thing was just that badly damaged.

This is what we're apparently talking about; the F-35's "Crash Survivable Memory Unit" (CSMU):

Unread postPosted: 08 May 2019, 22:11
by SpudmanWP
So.. maybe they found the "data collector" but not the CSMU that it used to store the data?

Unread postPosted: 08 May 2019, 22:38
by Dragon029
It's being reported / described as the "flight data recorder" with descriptions like:

Takeshi Iwaya, Japan’s defence minister, said that the search has found some components of the crashed jet at the bottom of the ocean. However, the flight data recorder was damaged and memory chips that could contain a record of the accident have not yet been located.

https://www.ft.com/content/5a263c2c-709 ... 68069fbd15

Unread postPosted: 09 May 2019, 01:18
by spazsinbad
Dragon029 wrote:It's being reported / described as the "flight data recorder" with descriptions like:

Takeshi Iwaya, Japan’s defence minister, said that the search has found some components of the crashed jet at the bottom of the ocean. However, the flight data recorder was damaged and memory chips that could contain a record of the accident have not yet been located.

https://www.ft.com/content/5a263c2c-709 ... 68069fbd15

Any chance of getting most of the appropriate text excerpted here please - otherwise non-subscribers see nothing. TIA.

Unread postPosted: 09 May 2019, 08:25
by marsavian
More from that FT article

Japan has recovered part of the flight data recorder from an F-35 stealth fighter that crashed almost a month ago, but the fuselage with its highly sensitive technology is still missing. Mr Iwaya said that the Kaimei, a marine survey ship operated by Japan’s education ministry, and the deep sea diving ship Van Gogh, chartered by the US Navy, have joined Japanese minesweepers in the search.

“Based on information collected by Kaimei and after confirmation on the seabed by the Van Gogh, we’ve identified components of the F-35A including part of the flight data recorder,” said Mr Iwaya. “This portion of the flight data recorder has been raised by the Van Gogh, and the ministry and self-defence forces are now examining it, but thus far the crucial memory — the recording media — has not been discovered.”

The search continues, said Mr Iwaya. “The ministry and self-defence forces, working closely with these various vessels, will carry on searching for the missing pilot and fuselage, in order to recover them and establish the cause of the accident,” he said.

Unread postPosted: 10 May 2019, 22:24
by SpudmanWP
Convenient how he has completely ignored the $1.3 Billion that Canada has already secured and that ONLY Partners and NOT FMS customers can bid on Partner purchased F-35s, not to mention the FMS fees that FMS customers pay. I would love to debate him, but my parents taught me not to beat up the mentally retarded.

So, the Canadian government has backed down, and is changing the rules of its new fighter competition to allow Lockheed Martin to compete with the F-35 – the only aircraft that Prime Minister Justin Trudeau promised that Canada would never buy.
This Canadian about-turn also confirms one of the anomalies of the F-45 Joint Strike Fighter program: partner countries -- which have paid a share of the aircraft’s $66.2 billion development – cannot benefit from the offsets that are available to countries that buy the aircraft off-the-shelf, through the Foreign Military Sales program.

In other words, Canada has accepted the risk of obtaining no offsets on its largest-ever defense purchase, so writing off a potential economic gain of C$ 15 billion to C$19 billion.)

https://www.defense-aerospace.com/artic ... 5-bid.html

Unread postPosted: 31 May 2019, 15:10
by krieger22
The Canadian-Swedish Joint Cope Project

Unread postPosted: 31 May 2019, 16:04
by sferrin
krieger22 wrote:The Canadian-Swedish Joint Cope Project

Ye Gods. Who's this, "Erik Elmgren" imbecile?

Unread postPosted: 31 May 2019, 16:33
by SpudmanWP
Once again proving that denial ain't just a river in Egypt :doh:

Unread postPosted: 31 May 2019, 19:27
by magitsu
Just another Swede brought up with a generous helping of Saab kool aid. Bio says that he's sailing, currently in the Caribbean.

His father(?) Bosse Elmgren (over 85 years old anyway) seems to have been a newspaper editor, social democrat, and once served as Sweden's ombudsman (body of complaint which protects individuals against abuses of power). http://nordics.info/show/artikel/preview-ombudsman-1/

Unread postPosted: 03 Jun 2019, 14:17
by sferrin
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Interesting to see that, 19 years into its development program and 13 years after its first flight, the F-35 is still unable – or unwilling – to fly through bad weather.
These aircraft, which left Hill AFB on Wednesday, spent two nights (Wednesday and Thursday) at Burlington Airport, in Vermont, although the Associated Press reported, “The airport expects the jets to remain in Burlington for a day.”
They finally took off from Burlington on Friday morning, May 31, on their way to Switzerland, but they only arrived at Payerne air base at dusk on Saturday night – over 30 hours later.
In other words, they disappeared from the public eye for 24 hours.
Did they stop somewhere? Why?
The four F-35s are to be evaluated in Payerne by the Swiss Air Force as candidates for its Air 2030 next-generation fighter competition.)

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articl ... rland.html

Unread postPosted: 03 Jun 2019, 16:57
by blindpilot
sferrin wrote:(EDITOR’S NOTE: Interesting to see that, 19 years into its development program and 13 years after its first flight, the F-35 is still unable – or unwilling – to fly through bad weather.
...)

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/articl ... rland.html

I sometimes would like to tie some of these "editors" to a stake in Oklahoma this month and see if they are unable ... or is it unwilling ... to face the driving rains of floods, tornados, just good old midwest thunderstorms ...

I recall many times I was "able" to challenge the weather, in what turned out to be idiotic foolish efforts. Some I had no choice, others were just plain poor judgement for which I probably should have been grounded. I took a T-38 "above FL 400" to get over a building thunderstorm, flew out of Texas in storms from hell and dragged 4 F-4's through a wall of hell in the Pacific ... etc. etc.

I was technically "able." The T-38 climbed like a bat out of hell, (still slower than a thunderstorm though). The old 707 airframe was overbuilt like a brick sh... F-4s were bricks :D

However even those flying hurricane hunters are often "unwilling" to test mother nature. That's esecially true of simple peace time deployments. Take a day at the O Club bar, take in a movie ... try again tomorrow. Mother Nature is NOT to be fooled with.

FWIW
BP

Unread postPosted: 03 Jun 2019, 17:05
by quicksilver
X2

I’m having a Pavlovian reaction as I recall same... (the ‘challenging the wx’ part with or without better judgment)

It’s not good to mess w Mother Nature. :wink:

Wasn’t it Scott Crossfield who morted in a t-storm down south somewhere?

Unread postPosted: 03 Jun 2019, 17:10
by SpudmanWP
It was an issue with the tanker not wanting to fly in bad weather (or was just not available), not the F-35.

Unread postPosted: 03 Jun 2019, 17:14
by quicksilver
SpudmanWP wrote:It was an issue with the tanker not wanting to fly in bad weather (or was just not available), not the F-35.

My guess is it was about wx divert requirements for the translant; the ‘rules’ are typically conservative and there is no/little latitude to waiver from the requirements specified in the instruction.

Unread postPosted: 03 Jun 2019, 18:16
by outlaw162
...tie some of these "editors" to a stake in Oklahoma this month...

In one respect, the Okie Wx is a good thing. It tends to discourage relocation to OK. Very little unwelcome 'overcrowding' here. And a natural population leveler (offset by teen pregnancy rate to some extent).

Just about the time of year to reposition the 'stake' to the Gulf Coast. :shock:

Compliments, good post.

Unread postPosted: 03 Jun 2019, 18:30
by kimjongnumbaun
In regards to weather, as my IP said, just because it’s legal doesn’t mean it’s smart.

Unread postPosted: 03 Jun 2019, 21:33
by viper12
Oh my. What is Briganti smoking ?

And yes, Scott Crossfield died because of thunderstorms : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Sc ... ield#Death

Unread postPosted: 10 Jun 2019, 15:55
by SpudmanWP
(EDITOR’S NOTE: So the pilot of what is claimed to be the most advanced combat aircraft in the world crashes into the sea because of “spatial disorientation,” but it “doesn’t count as pilot error” and there also was “no problem with the aircraft.”
Yet it crashed, killing its pilot, Maj. Akinori Hosomi, 41.
It is now for the manufacturer to explain how an aircraft claimed to have the world’s most advanced situation awareness capabilities could disorient its pilot – a veteran pilot of jet fighters, with over 3,200 flight hours, about 60 of them on the F-35 – to the point of diving into the water at “683 mph.”
The JASDF doesn’t explain how it determined the impact speed since the flight data recorder it recovered “was heavily damaged and the storage medium was missing.”.)

$5 says he never read the English translation of the report or even bothers to ready an analysis of the report.

Unread postPosted: 11 Jun 2019, 18:43
by mixelflick
SpudmanWP wrote:Once again proving that denial ain't just a river in Egypt :doh:

"F-35, a good light bomber...".

Do these guys know about its 15-1 or 20-1 kill ratios at Red Flag? Or do you think they just dismiss such things? The 2019 demo is a great start, but I fear the general public is going to need more to change their opinion.

Unfortunately, Congressmen can sometimes be included among those who think like this...

Unread postPosted: 11 Jun 2019, 20:11
by ricnunes
mixelflick wrote:
SpudmanWP wrote:Once again proving that denial ain't just a river in Egypt :doh:

Or do you think they just dismiss such things?

Yes, that's exactly what I think :wink:

Unread postPosted: 13 Jun 2019, 02:09
by spazsinbad
Does Turkey really want the F-35 fighter jets?
12 Jun 2019 Nedret Ersanel

“The F-35 fighter jets are not as strategic as the S-400s. Their performance in aerial operations is 60 percent, their rate of meeting the performance expected of them for all tasks is 27 percent. Also, they are under U.S. control and can easily be manipulated. Furthermore, these aircraft are very expensive. Their maintenance and operation are quite difficult. Their useful load, bomb-missile carry capacity is inadequate. We met with the air forces personnel as well. I also think they are bulky aircraft. F-35 will not add anything to Turkey, but it is extremely important for the U.S.” [“Hakurk ile Kandil bağı kesilecek” (Hakurk’s Qandil ties will be severed), June 10, Hürriyet.]

"Former General Staff Chief of Intelligence and retired Lt. Gen. İsmail Hakkı Pekin’s “bolded” words require extra attention.... [can oath]

Source: https://www.yenisafak.com/en/columns/ne ... ts-2047065

Unread postPosted: 13 Jun 2019, 03:47
by XanderCrews
sferrin wrote:
krieger22 wrote:The Canadian-Swedish Joint Cope Project

Ye Gods. Who's this, "Erik Elmgren" imbecile?

How many fighter producers does Sweden have again? Wouldn't want a monopoly...

Unread postPosted: 13 Jun 2019, 08:24
by energo
sferrin wrote: In other words, they disappeared from the public eye for 24 hours.
l

Rouge cloud?

Unread postPosted: 14 Jun 2019, 01:54
by white_lightning35
https://futurism.com/the-byte/us-milita ... -unflyable
Posted 1 day ago

https://www.thedailybeast.com/america-i ... cant-fight
Posted 2 hours ago

Is no one else amazed the Lockheed has managed to drop the price of each f-35 by 600 billion dollars in one day? That's incredible! Thanks for reporting on this, trustworthy and accurate news media!

Unread postPosted: 11 Jul 2019, 21:16
by SpudmanWP
Yahoo news is quickly approaching NI's level of ClickBait. It does not help that they keep republishing NI's articles, even the ones that say that they are over a year old. :doh:

https://news.yahoo.com/f-35-trouble-dis ... 00940.html

Unread postPosted: 11 Jul 2019, 21:37
by spazsinbad
BUTT ITS NEWS! Yahoo must define news as in RIP VAN WINKLE news definition or perhaps ZOMBIE NEWS - it RISE UP! :devil:

Unread postPosted: 31 Jul 2019, 04:12
by SpudmanWP
This problem extends to new and old platforms alike. The air readiness of the Air Force’s version of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF), a platform already hampered by massive cost overruns and delays, dropped by five percent in FY 2018 compared to FY 2017. Less than 50 percent of the service’s 148 JSFs achieved a mission-capable rating in FY 2018.

https://www.cagw.org/thewastewatcher/ai ... -continues

In the article, they only cite FY2017 and FY2018 numbers. Gee, I wonder why?

Unread postPosted: 31 Jul 2019, 04:25
by spazsinbad
Interesting AFtimes article from which buttyHurty came: https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your ... o-improve/

Unread postPosted: 10 Sep 2019, 13:30
by sferrin
"(EDITOR’S NOTE: Contrary to what is stated above, there is nothing ‘curious’ about the fact that the F-35 was designed without chaff or IR flare launchers.

Since its stealthy design was claimed to make the F-35 invisible to radar, there was clearly no need for active countermeasures like chaff to protect it from radar. This same reasoning explains why no other US Air Force ‘stealth’ aircraft, from the F-117 to the F-22 and B-2, are not fitted with any.

By the same logic, the fact that chaff is now planned to be retrofitted to the F-35A merely confirms that, a quarter-century since it was designed, ‘stealth’ is no longer a sufficient guarantee of the F-35A’s survival in combat – if it ever was.

And this clearly poses a major problem, since ‘stealth’ is the promise that justified the aircraft’s many design limitations in terms of speed, range and weapon payload.

If ‘stealth’ is no longer the combat asset its manufacturer has long claimed to justify these limitations, the F-35A becomes just another aircraft with mediocre performance – but with a high sticker price and huge operating costs.) "

Because the F-35 is getting chaff dispensers. :roll: (Like the F-22 has had since day one. )

https://www.defense-aerospace.com/artic ... nough.html

Unread postPosted: 10 Sep 2019, 15:05
by ricnunes
Jesus Christ!! That guy above (the "editor" of the article above) is a walking brain fart!! :doh: :bang: :roll:

Unread postPosted: 10 Sep 2019, 15:50
by quicksilver
The F-35 (all variants) have always had expendable RF/IR countermeasures (chaff and flares). The recent announcement was about the planned addition of advanced versions thereof; ‘upgrades’ if you will, as part of c2d2.

From 2006...

https://www.aviationtoday.com/2006/04/0 ... rotection/

Unread postPosted: 10 Sep 2019, 15:55
by ricnunes
So "brain fart" squared.
No, make it better: "brain fart" cubed! :roll:

Unread postPosted: 10 Sep 2019, 16:53
by spazsinbad
ricnunes wrote:So "brain fart" squared.
No, make it better: "brain fart" cubed! :roll:

That clown Giovanni de Briganti at DEFaero is a real fake "NEWSmaker".

Unread postPosted: 10 Sep 2019, 17:50
by garrya
ricnunes wrote:Jesus Christ!! That guy above (the "editor" of the article above) is a walking brain fart!! :doh: :bang: :roll:

Not a big surprise
D66414C8-E28E-4B6F-B542-663E80A63F18.jpeg

Unread postPosted: 10 Sep 2019, 20:41
by ricnunes
Ok, it's explained - Giovanni de Briganti!

So and actually that's a "brain fart" elevated by a factor of four (4) or more :roll:

Unread postPosted: 11 Sep 2019, 21:34
by hythelday
What are the chances that the new chaff is not actually "chaff"but something more akin to "Gremlin" drones?

I mean those are not terribly large.

Unread postPosted: 16 Oct 2019, 17:50
by notkent
All the F-35 critics don't seem like they have much to say lately.
Some of them must have gotten caught up in that "death spiral" they were always warning about.

Unread postPosted: 16 Oct 2019, 18:10
by XanderCrews
sferrin wrote:"(EDITOR’S NOTE: Contrary to what is stated above, there is nothing ‘curious’ about the fact that the F-35 was designed without chaff or IR flare launchers.

Since its stealthy design was claimed to make the F-35 invisible to radar, there was clearly no need for active countermeasures like chaff to protect it from radar. This same reasoning explains why no other US Air Force ‘stealth’ aircraft, from the F-117 to the F-22 and B-2, are not fitted with any.

By the same logic, the fact that chaff is now planned to be retrofitted to the F-35A merely confirms that, a quarter-century since it was designed, ‘stealth’ is no longer a sufficient guarantee of the F-35A’s survival in combat – if it ever was.

And this clearly poses a major problem, since ‘stealth’ is the promise that justified the aircraft’s many design limitations in terms of speed, range and weapon payload.

If ‘stealth’ is no longer the combat asset its manufacturer has long claimed to justify these limitations, the F-35A becomes just another aircraft with mediocre performance – but with a high sticker price and huge operating costs.) "

Because the F-35 is getting chaff dispensers. :roll: (Like the F-22 has had since day one. )

https://www.defense-aerospace.com/artic ... nough.html

me write airplane things!!

Unread postPosted: 16 Oct 2019, 18:22
by ricnunes
Actually, I have a sort of a request for the community here:
Please, let's not waste any time and bytes giving Giovanni "Brain Fart" de Briganti any kind of notoriety from now on. :wink:

Unread postPosted: 21 Oct 2019, 00:44
by boogieman
Isn't he on the Dassault payroll? Thought I heard that somewhere. Would explain a lot...

Unread postPosted: 21 Oct 2019, 01:31
by Corsair1963
With so much "disinformation" spread over the web everyday. This has to be a concerted effort by the Chinese, Iranians, North Koreans, and Russians. In order to weaken the F-35 Program and the Western Defense Establishment in General.

Even the French are suspect in my opinion. Especially, as it relates to the F-35! :shock:

Unread postPosted: 21 Oct 2019, 14:40
by ricnunes
Corsair1963 wrote:With so much "disinformation" spread over the web everyday. This has to be a concerted effort by the Chinese, Iranians, North Koreans, and Russians. In order to weaken the F-35 Program and the Western Defense Establishment in General.

Even the French are suspect in my opinion. Especially, as it relates to the F-35! :shock:

Yes, I would say that the European military aerospace in general (namely Dassault/French government, Airbus and Saab) have their share of responsibility regarding the "disinformation" spread about the F-35 program. They (European military aerospace) probably see this as a means to be able to keep/continue "in service" when it comes to fighter aircraft since probably for the first time in the history of military aviation the Europeans don't have anything that can rivalize with US fighter aircraft - this case the F-35 - this either by technical specs/capability or by price cost (or both).