Another Fresh Take From the Tampa Bay Times

Discuss the F-35 Lightning II
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

grab6303

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

  • Posts: 41
  • Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 05:35

Unread post28 Nov 2017, 19:02

Have at it boys. http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/columns ... _163041508

Funny enough, the pictured maintainer is me. These guys already pulled the Sprey reference on me. I'm done and figured I'd call the dogs to see if any were hungry. Grab
523 FS 97-00, 35 FS 00-01, 14 FS 02-04, USAFADS 04-08, F-35A/B DT 08-10, 58 AMU 10-14,
34 AMU 14-16, HAF A4 16-Present
Online
User avatar

sferrin

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

  • Posts: 4341
  • Joined: 22 Jul 2005, 03:23

Unread post28 Nov 2017, 19:26

Damn son, what did I just read in that comments section? :doh: :bang:
"There I was. . ."
Offline

juretrn

Active Member

Active Member

  • Posts: 198
  • Joined: 31 Jul 2016, 01:09

Unread post28 Nov 2017, 20:08

No, the F-35 did not lose a dodgfight v. F-16.
No, it didn't cost to date 400 billion, 1 trillion or 1.4 trillion.
No, it's not a turkey.
No, it doesn't exist just to enable LM/DoD to buy gold-plated toilet paper.
Yes, it is practically invisible on radar.

Why are people still perpetuating talking points that have been refuted about three billion times already?
Offline
User avatar

grab6303

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

  • Posts: 41
  • Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 05:35

Unread post28 Nov 2017, 20:16

Spud off the top rope. I'm disengaged now.
523 FS 97-00, 35 FS 00-01, 14 FS 02-04, USAFADS 04-08, F-35A/B DT 08-10, 58 AMU 10-14,
34 AMU 14-16, HAF A4 16-Present
Online

SpudmanWP

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

  • Posts: 6967
  • Joined: 12 Oct 2006, 19:18
  • Location: California

Unread post28 Nov 2017, 20:27

grab6303 wrote:the pictured maintainer is me


I'm jealous.. All I got to play with was an M1 (the original M1 version, not the newer M1Ax ones). :mrgreen:
"The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese."
Offline
User avatar

grab6303

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

  • Posts: 41
  • Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 05:35

Unread post28 Nov 2017, 20:31

SpudmanWP wrote:
grab6303 wrote:the pictured maintainer is me


I'm jealous.. All I got to play with was an M1 (the original M1 version, not the newer M1Ax ones). :mrgreen:


HAHA don't be jealous. That is the 2nd production F-35 (747) and was a sled. Those things just didn't work very well at the time, software was god awful and I'm still not sure whether or not the DAS cameras were installed. Now the Hill jets I got to play with before getting my current desk job? Yea, you can be jealous of those :) Grab
523 FS 97-00, 35 FS 00-01, 14 FS 02-04, USAFADS 04-08, F-35A/B DT 08-10, 58 AMU 10-14,
34 AMU 14-16, HAF A4 16-Present
Offline
User avatar

spazsinbad

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

  • Posts: 19371
  • Joined: 05 May 2009, 21:31
  • Location: ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Warnings: -2

Unread post28 Nov 2017, 22:02

:twisted: :devil: Daniel RUTH is a wordsmith for sure: "golden albatross" - I WUV IT! :doh: :mrgreen: Pulitzer Prize? I'll nominate the BABE for the PUTZ PRISE. :roll: 8) PDF Delightfully attached for your posterior (posterity?). :D :) :P :wink:
Attachments
Daniel Ruth_ The F-35 is a turkey in the air, when it actually gets there.pdf
(140.77 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Last edited by spazsinbad on 28 Nov 2017, 22:28, edited 4 times in total.
RAN FAA A4G Skyhawk 1970s: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ AND https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/
Offline
User avatar

playloud

Active Member

Active Member

  • Posts: 185
  • Joined: 13 Nov 2006, 04:07

Unread post28 Nov 2017, 22:24

grab6303 wrote:
SpudmanWP wrote:
grab6303 wrote:the pictured maintainer is me


I'm jealous.. All I got to play with was an M1 (the original M1 version, not the newer M1Ax ones). :mrgreen:


HAHA don't be jealous. That is the 2nd production F-35 (747) and was a sled. Those things just didn't work very well at the time, software was god awful and I'm still not sure whether or not the DAS cameras were installed. Now the Hill jets I got to play with before getting my current desk job? Yea, you can be jealous of those :) Grab

I'm most jealous of your Thunderbirds ride!
Offline
User avatar

rheonomic

Senior member

Senior member

  • Posts: 421
  • Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 03:44
  • Location: US

Unread post29 Nov 2017, 02:53

That's the dumbest take I've read in a while.

It'd be nice if people could shut the **** up about things they're clueless about.
u = (CB)⁻¹(cvdt_des - CAx)
Offline

Corsair1963

Elite 3K

Elite 3K

  • Posts: 3797
  • Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 04:14

Unread post29 Nov 2017, 08:41

I live in Tampa and talk about embarrassing...... :?



Yet, it's interesting that the author didn't mention the praise that the F-35 has received from a number of leading figures in the state. Including the states Governor (Rick Scott) and both Senators. (Marco Rubio and Bill Nelson) Nor, the fact that over the last couple of years. That same leadership of both political parties. Are trying to acquire F-35's for the Florida ANG in Jacksonville......


As I always say, it's not what they tell you, but what they don't?
Offline
User avatar

grab6303

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

  • Posts: 41
  • Joined: 01 Nov 2004, 05:35

Unread post29 Nov 2017, 14:02

Corsair1963 wrote:I live in Tampa and talk about embarrassing...... :?



Yet, it's interesting that the author didn't mention the praise that the F-35 has received from a number of leading figures in the state. Including the states Governor (Rick Scott) and both Senators. (Marco Rubio and Bill Nelson) Nor, the fact that over the last couple of years. That same leadership of both political parties. Are trying to acquire F-35's for the Florida ANG in Jacksonville......


As I always say, it's not what they tell you, but what they don't?


Rubio nearly jumped out of his Italian shoes when we walked him around the jet back in the day. This type of article is why the news media is struggling. They take dated, controversial information and push it to the mob which has always been fickle. Loved the fact that the first response to me was to "Google the designer of the F-16 and see what he said." Really? Sprey? Amazing people ever listened to him much less to this day.
523 FS 97-00, 35 FS 00-01, 14 FS 02-04, USAFADS 04-08, F-35A/B DT 08-10, 58 AMU 10-14,
34 AMU 14-16, HAF A4 16-Present
Offline
User avatar

ricnunes

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 776
  • Joined: 02 Mar 2017, 14:29

Unread post29 Nov 2017, 19:08

It doesn't matter if that F-35 is a 2nd or 1st production one or even if it's a X-35 (which obviously it is not), I'm officially jealous! :)
Offline
User avatar

rheonomic

Senior member

Senior member

  • Posts: 421
  • Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 03:44
  • Location: US

Unread post30 Nov 2017, 03:13

grab6303 wrote:"Google the designer of the F-16 and see what he said."


:bang:

Sprey couldn't design his way out of a wet paper bag.
u = (CB)⁻¹(cvdt_des - CAx)
Offline
User avatar

steve2267

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1126
  • Joined: 12 Jun 2016, 17:36

Unread post30 Nov 2017, 05:40

rheonomic wrote:
grab6303 wrote:"Google the designer of the F-16 and see what he said."


:bang:

Sprey couldn't design his way out of a wet paper bag.


C'mon, you're being a little harsh, aren't chya? :twisted:

Of course, good ol' Pierre would take credit for the design of that wet paper bag in twenty-thirty years. But then go on and on about how he had designed that bag to be smaller, simpler. That bag, he would insist had become too large and heavy due to all that added water weight.
Take an F-16, stir in a little A-7, bake, then sprinkle on a generous helping of F-117. What do you get? An F-35.
Offline
User avatar

rheonomic

Senior member

Senior member

  • Posts: 421
  • Joined: 30 Apr 2015, 03:44
  • Location: US

Unread post30 Nov 2017, 06:25

steve2267 wrote:Of course, good ol' Pierre would take credit for the design of that wet paper bag in twenty-thirty years. But then go on and on about how he had designed that bag to be smaller, simpler. That bag, he would insist had become too large and heavy due to all that added water weight.


:lmao:
u = (CB)⁻¹(cvdt_des - CAx)
Next

Return to General F-35 Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests