F-35 blog?

Discuss the F-35 Lightning II
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

Dragon029

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1343
  • Joined: 22 Dec 2014, 07:13

Unread post18 Aug 2016, 13:45

sferrin wrote:.gifv blows goats. When you try to download them all it gives you is a link back to the original, not the file itself. At least that's been my experience.


It depends all on the source website; Imgur has a bad case of not providing proper download links.
Offline

garrya

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 735
  • Joined: 25 Dec 2015, 12:43

Unread post18 Aug 2016, 15:57

gideonic wrote:
Hmm strange, once I open the links in new tab, they change to gifv to me (from mp4), at least in Chrome.
I'm not familiar with wordpress inner workings, but does using the video shortcode help? (it can be done with mp4's)
https://codex.wordpress.org/Video_Shortcode

:doh: seem like i need a pro plan to be able to upload gifv :doh:
Offline

gideonic

Senior member

Senior member

  • Posts: 280
  • Joined: 06 Sep 2015, 13:54

Unread post18 Aug 2016, 16:01

garrya wrote: :doh: seem like i need a pro plan to be able to upload gifv :doh:

Well no worries then :) the gif's aren't that bad after the initial load. They only take a while in the beginning and don't really interrupt the rest of the page loading.

The blog post itself was great btw! finally got the time to look through it.
Offline

garrya

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 735
  • Joined: 25 Dec 2015, 12:43

Unread post18 Aug 2016, 16:05

gideonic wrote:Well no worries then :) the gif's aren't that bad after the initial load. They only take a while in the beginning and don't really interrupt the rest of the page loading.

The blog post itself was great btw! finally got the time to look through it.

How long did it take (approximately) for you to load the pages? i used a test website and it showed that my blog took over 1 minutes to load :doh:
Offline

gideonic

Senior member

Senior member

  • Posts: 280
  • Joined: 06 Sep 2015, 13:54

Unread post18 Aug 2016, 21:10

garrya wrote:
gideonic wrote:Well no worries then :) the gif's aren't that bad after the initial load. They only take a while in the beginning and don't really interrupt the rest of the page loading.

The blog post itself was great btw! finally got the time to look through it.

How long did it take (approximately) for you to load the pages? i used a test website and it showed that my blog took over 1 minutes to load :doh:

When loading the frontpage for the first time, the GIFs are loaded in 5-10 seconds (while the page itself only takes milliseconds), but it stays sluggish for a while longer.
Offline
User avatar

playloud

Senior member

Senior member

  • Posts: 267
  • Joined: 13 Nov 2006, 04:07

Unread post06 May 2017, 04:18

Hi garrya,
I love your blog. Are you going to be updating it further?
Offline

garrya

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 735
  • Joined: 25 Dec 2015, 12:43

Unread post06 May 2017, 11:19

playloud wrote:Hi garrya,
I love your blog. Are you going to be updating it further?

Thanks you Play loud, sorry for the delay, i have some side projects that also eat up alot of time.
yes iam going to update the blog further.Iam currently writing a post but i set it private, hopefully it can be finished in around 2 weeks.
Offline
User avatar

playloud

Senior member

Senior member

  • Posts: 267
  • Joined: 13 Nov 2006, 04:07

Unread post06 May 2017, 18:34

garrya wrote:
playloud wrote:Hi garrya,
I love your blog. Are you going to be updating it further?

Thanks you Play loud, sorry for the delay, i have some side projects that also eat up alot of time.
yes iam going to update the blog further.Iam currently writing a post but i set it private, hopefully it can be finished in around 2 weeks.

Sounds great! :-)
Image
Offline

garrya

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 735
  • Joined: 25 Dec 2015, 12:43

Unread post04 Jul 2017, 07:58

New post is up, sorry for delay guys
https://basicsaboutaerodynamicsandavion ... l-systems/
Offline

laos

Enthusiast

Enthusiast

  • Posts: 94
  • Joined: 13 Nov 2009, 15:32
  • Location: Europe

Unread post05 Jul 2017, 09:52

Great stuff garrya !
Offline
User avatar

playloud

Senior member

Senior member

  • Posts: 267
  • Joined: 13 Nov 2006, 04:07

Unread post05 Jul 2017, 16:17

Yay!
Offline

garrya

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 735
  • Joined: 25 Dec 2015, 12:43

Unread post05 Jul 2017, 18:17

Cheer guys, i was worried that people lose interest already haha :mrgreen:
Offline
User avatar

blindpilot

Elite 1K

Elite 1K

  • Posts: 1214
  • Joined: 01 Mar 2013, 18:21
  • Location: Colorado

Unread post05 Jul 2017, 19:55

garrya wrote:Cheer guys, i was worried that people lose interest already haha :mrgreen:


Not at all. I think you have met your objective of being a solid reference for primary source material applicable to the discussion. Please keep up the good work. Thanks.

MHO
BP
Offline

garrya

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

  • Posts: 735
  • Joined: 25 Dec 2015, 12:43

Unread post05 Jul 2017, 22:15

blindpilot wrote:
Not at all. I think you have met your objective of being a solid reference for primary source material applicable to the discussion. Please keep up the good work. Thanks.

MHO
BP

Iam constantly torn between having a long post to cover everything and keep it short enough so reader don't get bored to dead
Offline

sprstdlyscottsmn

Elite 4K

Elite 4K

  • Posts: 4331
  • Joined: 10 Mar 2006, 01:24
  • Location: Phoenix, Az, USA

Unread post06 Jul 2017, 03:47

garrya wrote:Iam constantly torn between having a long post to cover everything and keep it short enough so reader don't get bored to dead

I know the feeling
"Spurts"

-Pilot
-Aerospace Engineer
-Army Medic
-FMS Systems Engineer
PreviousNext

Return to General F-35 Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests