Regarding F-16 81-0936

If you have suggestions for this site, noticed some problems or would like to give us a hand, then please post it here.

by warbird86 » 10 Aug 2020, 20:59

A huge comments section fight has erupted on this site over a recent edit to an entry on 81-0936 database (concerning Pakistani claim of Su-30 kill on 02/27/2019)

http://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/F ... file/1223/

Pakistanis are defending the claim whereas Indians are rejecting it citing no evidnece (as there is no wreckage or pilot casualties/ejection).

Based on Bjorn's comment (now deleted) the edit was based on an AFM article from April 2020 which was presented entirely from Pakistani perspective by Alan Warnes (who has close links with PAF). Actually the article too states confirmation remains moot.

Based on this I think F-16.net should update it saying it is a Pakistani unconfirmed claim.

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Bjorn » 11 Aug 2020, 07:41

According to this. I don't know where this comes from since the info has been on the site since April already (so not a recent addition). Probably some Pakistani or Indian troll lurking and finding it now and starting to rant about it.

First remark. We only inserted the info of AFM here. If anyone has comments about the content itself, please contact AFM or Allan Warnes (the editor of the article) about it. Don't shoot the messenger. I also added the remark in the aircraft page about the source.

Second remark. We will keep deleting all post to the subject in our commenting system since 99% of them or just the typical Paki-Indian trolling and shouting and no addition to the content whatsoever.

Greets,
Bjorn Claes
F-16.net Editor
Photo Library Admin
Aircraft Database Admin

by warbird86 » 11 Aug 2020, 17:47

Bjorn wrote:According to this. I don't know where this comes from since the info has been on the site since April already (so not a recent addition). Probably some Pakistani or Indian troll lurking and finding it now and starting to rant about it.

First remark. We only inserted the info of AFM here. If anyone has comments about the content itself, please contact AFM or Allan Warnes (the editor of the article) about it. Don't shoot the messenger. I also added the remark in the aircraft page about the source.

Second remark. We will keep deleting all post to the subject in our commenting system since 99% of them or just the typical Paki-Indian trolling and shouting and no addition to the content whatsoever.

Greets,

Yes Sir.
It all started over here, sir:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/f-16-net ... eb.680158/

These guys apparently thought it was an independent confirmation by F-16.net

They falsely claimed F-16.net validated the claimed Su-30 kill through different sources in the military circles.

Greetings.

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Bjorn » 11 Aug 2020, 18:08

Ah, that makes sense.

Greets,
Bjorn Claes
F-16.net Editor
Photo Library Admin
Aircraft Database Admin

by azamat » 18 Aug 2020, 00:03

Bjorn wrote:According to this. I don't know where this comes from since the info has been on the site since April already (so not a recent addition). Probably some Pakistani or Indian troll lurking and finding it now and starting to rant about it.

Greets,

"Don't shoot the messenger", I am sorry sir but you are not being a messenger. You are being the messenger which selectively delivers the message and cherry picks it to boot.

Here is the portion of article that you are quoting. I have the entire article, I don't know if I can post it in entirety due to copyright.

AF42020-1.png
AF42020-1.png (50 KiB) Viewed 22294 times

AF42020-2.png
AF42020-2.png (63.52 KiB) Viewed 22294 times

The message is clear. The AFM April 2020 issue is QUOTING a retired Pakistan airforce personnel called Kaiser Tufail. Its his words you are quoting and NOT the author of the article in the magazine. Actually the author of the article has this to say
"Confirmation, however, remains moot." "IAF has not been forthcoming with any details".

"remains moot" does NOT mean "is completed" last I checked the dictionary.

To compare your quoting of your source, it is equivalent to say that "NYTimes confirmed that drinking Chloroquinine is a great cure for Covid" while NYTime was only quoting Trump for that and was actually dismissive of the naive assertion.

by warbird86 » 19 Mar 2021, 09:47

PAF commodore Kaiser Tufail who was the source of Su-30 claim in Air Forces Monthly article by Alan Warnes, has now admitted that no Su-30 was shot down (both survived)

kaiser-aeronaut.blogspot.com/2021/02/iafs-balakot-disaster-two-years-on.html?m=1