Freedom of Speech on F-16.net

If you have suggestions for this site, noticed some problems or would like to give us a hand, then please post it here.
Banned

by mtrman » 01 Jun 2018, 10:00

Dear Moderators and Dear All,

I would like draw your kind attention to a very disgusting fact that:

"The Turkey Problem" thread under F-35 section has many one sided posts, claims against Turkey. No problem until here. But, when somebody tries to explain or reply them from Turkish side (by not breaking any forum rule), our accounts get banned...

The result??? When you look at that thread, you will see it is like a shooting range...

I openly protest the moderators for such an attitude against a country and her citizens. What is more tragic is that, people writing in that thread are talking about democracy and freedom of speech, but they don't have any tolerance for someone who are opposing their claims....

Thank you F-16.net

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sferrin » 01 Jun 2018, 11:48

Ah, look at this brave little soul with his throwaway account. All you're missing is your coward's Antifa mask. This is a privately owned forum. If you don't like your treatment feel free to leave.
"There I was. . ."

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by marsavian » 01 Jun 2018, 12:55

But, when somebody tries to explain or reply them from Turkish side (by not breaking any forum rule), our accounts get banned...

No it's the bit where you start accusing everyone of an opposing view as a liar and supporter of terrorists that gets you banned. It is this kind of aggressive rhetoric that is causing Erdogan himself trouble with his official allies. Now Congress is upset and you really don't want to get that multi headed hydra upset because they can overule the President in a mass voting bloc as Putin found out to his cost. If Erdogan wins his election he needs to reflect on the true value of his relationship with the US and Europe of which the F-35 is just a small part. Do you really want to go down the Iran pariah route ?!!

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by blindpilot » 01 Jun 2018, 16:17

As one guilty of "claims against Turkey," I want to be clear. Yes I am a second hand source. But my reports are from first hand experiences in Turkey, and in the midst of what is unfolding there. There IS a political civil war going on between Ataturk adherents and an Islamic Ottoman resurgence. There are AF pilots in prison. There is religious persecution. Whatever "other side" there may be, that is a fact, whether you believe me, or think me a Greek troll, will not change those facts. And as above "Congress is not happy." and Turkey really wouldn't like them mad. That's what the other side should ponder.

MHO,
BP

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by botsing » 01 Jun 2018, 23:05

Funny thing I just saw:

A user that was banned not just once but twice already, who after his second ban makes yet another account to plead for "freedom of speech" to the same moderators that banned him already twice so he can barf the same old propaganda all over this forum again.

What is making this extra sad is that he demands his freedom of speech so that he can defend the actions of his government, like taking away the freedom of speech from it's citizens. :roll:
"Those who know don’t talk. Those who talk don’t know"

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by southernphantom » 01 Jun 2018, 23:14

botsing wrote:Funny thing I just saw:

A user that was banned not just once but twice already, who after his second ban makes yet another account to plead for "freedom of speech" to the same moderators that banned him already twice so he can barf the same old propaganda all over this forum again.

What is making this extra sad is that he demands his freedom of speech so that he can defend the actions of his government, like taking away the freedom of speech from it's citizens. :roll:

Funny, isn't it...
I'm a mining engineer. How the hell did I wind up here?

by viper12 » 02 Jun 2018, 00:27

botsing wrote:A user that was banned not just once but twice already

I can name already three accounts on the top of my head, and I'm sure I forgot some...
Everytime you don't tell the facts, you make Putin stronger.

Everytime you're hit by Dunning-Kruger, you make Putin stronger.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by smsgtmac » 02 Jun 2018, 01:05

freedomofspeech wrote:Dear Moderators and Dear All,
.... What is more tragic is that, people writing in that thread are talking about democracy and freedom of speech, but they don't have any tolerance for someone who are opposing their claims....

Thank you F-16.net

Funny thing about 'free speech': https://xkcd.com/1357/
--The ultimate weapon is the mind of man.

by pmi » 02 Jun 2018, 01:24

botsing wrote:Funny thing I just saw:

85178c8cb0251add55e82952aa570de3.gif
85178c8cb0251add55e82952aa570de3.gif (982.63 KiB) Viewed 18832 times

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 02 Jun 2018, 01:38

How to add a YOUTUBE video (viewable only now in EDGE or Firefox with Windas) IE 11 no longer supported apparently.

USE the STRING as seen for this video from the URL above then add the [youtube] [/youtube] brackets with no spaces per:

[youtube]Jne9t8sHpUc[/youtube [add the last closing bracket - left off here so youse can see the URL string complete....

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by nutshell » 02 Jun 2018, 21:07

freedomofspeech wrote:Dear Moderators and Dear All,

I would like draw your kind attention to a very disgusting fact that:

"The Turkey Problem" thread under F-35 section has many one sided posts, claims against Turkey. No problem until here. But, when somebody tries to explain or reply them from Turkish side (by not breaking any forum rule), our accounts get banned...

The result??? When you look at that thread, you will see it is like a shooting range...

I openly protest the moderators for such an attitude against a country and her citizens. What is more tragic is that, people writing in that thread are talking about democracy and freedom of speech, but they don't have any tolerance for someone who are opposing their claims....

Thank you F-16.net

Ok pal. I'm gonna give the tl;dr version of that thread so you can stop your inner victimism/racism hidden campaign:

"We dont care why or when we stopped being best friends but Turkey is,now, a muslim hostile country ,so get rid of it from the alliance and stop arming them with the state-of-the-art 5th gen fighter "

Is this clear enough?

Btw, you turks dont want to stick with us either, what's the problem then?

by juretrn » 02 Jun 2018, 21:18

Plus, everyone knows how sh*t the F-35 is, so what would you be so desperate to have them?
I mean, Turks already talk about getting the S-400, what other weapons does a modern military need?
I think it's a case of having your cake and eating it, too.
Russia stronk

Banned

by mtrman » 03 Jun 2018, 01:22

Perhaps this is the new "modern" way of democracy and freedom of speech.

Even under this thread, some people still doesn't like to see "other" opinions. Some even already insulted. For what? Asking for a right to express my opinions?

As already been said, I am probably less militarily and politically involved than many people in this forum. I am just a citizen who is terrified by many one-sided, false, unfair claims about his country.

I am sure that there is more people who reads the forum than the people who write. If I am given such a basic human right of freedom to speech, then I could be able to tell about the claims of "islamization", "FETO", "PKK/YPG", human rights, etc. So those many readers would have a better chance and more balanced view to decide what is going on.

For those who continuously attack and blame Turkey: There is no reason to be afraid of me. There is no reason to ban my account. I am just one civilian who tries to tell about the country I live in, and I am doing this by sharing my own private time...
Last edited by freedomofspeech on 03 Jun 2018, 01:28, edited 1 time in total.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 03 Jun 2018, 01:28

The contributors to this forum do not own it. The moderators 'own it'. FREE SPEECH away until whenever - the forum rules apply to everyone using the forum - deal with it. I'm suspicious by training so I believe what is believable - how about you?

Banned

by mtrman » 03 Jun 2018, 01:33

@Spazsinbad,

Could you tell me which forum rule I broke, please? Did you read what kind of words were used against me and my country? Please don't get me wrong. You are not one of them, but, if those rules are for everyone, then why others who insult and harass my country don't get banned?

Next