Picture in the header on F-16.net

If you have suggestions for this site, noticed some problems or would like to give us a hand, then please post it here.
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by deadseal » 04 Apr 2010, 10:08

Why is the one picture that is constant on f-16.net a 3 bag D-model with the WA tail flash? Anyone know a specific reason? Otherwise it should be a C-model with lgbs sniper pod, or clean with the 9x etc....

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Bjorn » 04 Apr 2010, 10:51

The reason? This is just a graphic lay-out. No specific reason. But if you want something else, feel free to design a completely new graphical design for F-16.net. We don't put much time into that. We put all our efforts in creating a damn good website content wise. We don't realy fancy all those nowadays flashy designs.

No serious. As many of you have noticed, there have been some changes on F-16.net lately. We created a new frontpage and added some nice modules on the homepage. We will be putting some effort in a new design since the current one already lasts some 4 years now. So it is time to change. But nevertheless, don't expect us to put in those flashy designs as you can see on certain websites, simply because we realy don't want to put our effort in such a thing and because it adds nothing to the site we want to create (unless getting people who are surfing many hours on our site a blasting headache).

Greets,
Bjorn Claes
F-16.net Editor
Photo Library Admin
Aircraft Database Admin

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by That_Engine_Guy » 04 Apr 2010, 15:34

See now I was going to put my money on the same guy/gal designed the F-16.net header that came up with the ABU colors/uniform...
[Airplanes are] near perfect, all they lack is the ability to forgive.
— Richard Collins

by MechFromHell » 04 Apr 2010, 22:46

Regardless of the header situation... Keep doing what you guys all do Bjorn! I think this site is great and I look forward to all the future changes.
Crew Chief
Mountain Home AFB 2000-2005~91-0370
Sheppard AFB 2005-2009~F-16 Instr
Kadena AB 2009-2015
Holloman AFB 2015-Now

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by That_Engine_Guy » 04 Apr 2010, 23:36

Agreed!

Great job guys! :cheers: TEG
[Airplanes are] near perfect, all they lack is the ability to forgive.
— Richard Collins

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Stefaan » 05 Apr 2010, 09:16

thanks guys :-)

Like bjorn said, we're working on a new look at the moment, hopefully we'll be able to launch it before summer. Since none of us is a real designer, we'll probably move away from a custom design in the header (for which we depend on a designer), to the use of photographs (which we can do ourselves). Should provide us with some more variety!

Will keep you posted on the new look - as soon as we have something stable, we'll make it available for preview to those interested.

stefaan
Stefaan Vanhastel
F-16.net Webmaster.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by ATFS_Crash » 05 Apr 2010, 11:32

deadseal wrote:Why is the one picture that is constant on f-16.net a 3 bag D-model with the WA tail flash? Anyone know a specific reason? Otherwise it should be a C-model with lgbs sniper pod, or clean with the 9x etc....

Perhaps you should ask for your money back. (Translation: This is a free site that is better than most if not all paid sites. So stop whining like a Prima donna.)

delta-shred wrote:Holy sh*t deadseal...no offense but you whine a HELL of a lot about something pretty stupid...and frankly you are dissing on yourself.

deadseal wrote:Come on, even the daluth guys who hate me

You seem to be getting a reputation as a hypocritical whining troll. Perhaps instead of complaining about artistic license being used in a graphic, you should take the time to learn to spell Duluth.

Perhaps you should get your life in order before you cast nitpicky aspersions on others.

Some quotes imported from
http://www.f-16.net/index.php?name=PNph ... c&p=171556
How many F-22s and JSFs could have been bought with $700 billion? Correct that.

Make that $1.7 Trillion.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by deadseal » 05 Apr 2010, 12:08

ATFS_Crash wrote:
deadseal wrote:Why is the one picture that is constant on f-16.net a 3 bag D-model with the WA tail flash? Anyone know a specific reason? Otherwise it should be a C-model with lgbs sniper pod, or clean with the 9x etc....

Perhaps you should ask for your money back. (Translation: This is a free site that is better than most if not all paid sites. So stop whining like a Prima donna.)

delta-shred wrote:Holy sh*t deadseal...no offense but you whine a HELL of a lot about something pretty stupid...and frankly you are dissing on yourself.

deadseal wrote:Come on, even the daluth guys who hate me

You seem to be getting a reputation as a hypocritical whining troll. Perhaps instead of complaining about artistic license is being used in a graphic, you should take the time to learn to spell Duluth.

Perhaps you should get your life in order before you cast nitpicky aspersions on others.

Some quotes imported from
http://www.f-16.net/index.php?name=PNph ... c&p=171556

whoa take it easy there fella!! It is just a very non-standard config so i asked if there was a specific reason. I.E is that specific jet special? Thank you for telling me to get my life in order...ill work on it :) Please provide content with quotes if you're going to get all hot and bothered. Thats almost as bad as Fox news!! Harrupmh!!! On a side bar, you dudes who run this do an awesome job!! keep it up!!!

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Stefaan » 05 Apr 2010, 16:07

No specific reason to select that particular jet, other that we had a limited selection of graphics to choose from and we picked the one that best fit our layout (relatively narrow header, blue as one of the main colors). We also have a winter version, with a different a/c BTW, but it's been a while since we used that one.

In the new layout, we'd like to rotate header images/photos more often, so other F-16s also get their 15 minutes of fame :-)

stefaan
Stefaan Vanhastel
F-16.net Webmaster.

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Stefaan » 05 Apr 2010, 16:08

and thanks for the kind words BTW :-)

stefaan
Stefaan Vanhastel
F-16.net Webmaster.

by JochemP » 05 Apr 2010, 19:44

Stefaan wrote:No specific reason to select that particular jet, other that we had a limited selection of graphics to choose from and we picked the one that best fit our layout (relatively narrow header, blue as one of the main colors). We also have a winter version, with a different a/c BTW, but it's been a while since we used that one.

In the new layout, we'd like to rotate header images/photos more often, so other F-16s also get their 15 minutes of fame :-)

stefaan

As long as it's... a VIPER!