“Crazy” Brake Selector switch?

Feel free to discuss anything here - as long as it is F-16 related.
  • Author

panpan

Unread post03 Oct 2020, 17:57

Hello. There is a jet (block 52) that I have worked on, that from time to time won’t roll after the pilot selects, anti-skid from Parking brake. It looks like that the parking brake won’t release, disregarding the physical position of the switch.
As far as I know this jet has changed at least two times it’s brake control valve, but the problem returns from time to time.
I believe there is something wrong with the switch or the wiring. Has anyone dealt with a similar problem?

boilermaker

Unread post07 Oct 2020, 03:21

panpan wrote:Hello. There is a jet (block 52) that I have worked on, that from time to time won’t roll after the pilot selects, anti-skid from Parking brake. It looks like that the parking brake won’t release, disregarding the physical position of the switch.
As far as I know this jet has changed at least two times it’s brake control valve, but the problem returns from time to time.
I believe there is something wrong with the switch or the wiring. Has anyone dealt with a similar problem?

Is there an electronic module or error code pertaining to a module failure affecting other components? Might have a bad module.

panpan

Unread post07 Oct 2020, 18:17

The anti skid Control box has not recorded any malfunction. If I am not mistaken the parking brake position of the switch sends an Electric signal directly to the brake control valve. This signal doesn't pass through the anti skid Control box.

boilermaker

Unread post15 Oct 2020, 03:12

panpan wrote:The anti skid Control box has not recorded any malfunction. If I am not mistaken the parking brake position of the switch sends an Electric signal directly to the brake control valve. This signal doesn't pass through the anti skid Control box.

Tried to do a ohm's test on the wiring?

Is there a leak from the wiring to the ground frame? do ohms test between the two. Shake the wires around maybe

Return to General F-16 forum