F-16 mini documentary completed! Would love your feedback

Feel free to discuss anything here - as long as it is F-16 related.

by pilotphotog » 23 Jul 2019, 03:49

Hi everyone,

I completed my mini-documentary on the F-16. I'd like to thank everyone here for the tremendous amount of information here and hope that I did the wonderful Viper some justice. It wasn't easy getting all of the history/achievements/impact of the electric jet into a single 10 minute video, here is the final result:

https://youtu.be/0P5Xmas0Lkg

I'd love to know your opinions/feedback/recommendations - and if you'd like to see a deeper dive on a specific topic.

Thanks!

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by sprstdlyscottsmn » 23 Jul 2019, 15:20

Not bad. Pretty well covered the highlights of a long running program. I like you throwing your mini-interview with Gums in there. I have one nit-pick, and mostly because it's just a pet-peeve of mine. A notional 1+:1 thrust to weight ratio almost never pans out to actually accelerating in a vertical climb unless the plane is clean, light on fuel, and at low altitude. For a 10 minute video I think you covered the most important points and delivered the information in a clear and concise way. Was that your actual voice for the narration? It was a very smooth and measured narration.
"Spurts"

-Pilot
-Aerospace Engineer
-Army Medic
-FMS Systems Engineer
-PFD Systems Engineer
-PATRIOT Systems Engineer

by pilotphotog » 23 Jul 2019, 16:35

Thanks for the feedback. As you mentioned it is a lot to cover and I could have easily made a one hour video and still left things out. Regarding the 1+:1 thrust ratio you are correct that the airplane needs to be in a clean configuration for true vertical acceleration and I could have mentioned that with a few words added in. I'm working on bios for the F-15, F-22, and F-35 as well so I will be sure to add caveats like that in those videos.

And yes, that is my voice I had a podcast back in the day so I've got some decent recording equipment and my CFIs always made sure my phraseology was spot on so I think that helps too.

Again thanks for commenting!