Summary of things I search and not get answers

Feel free to discuss anything here - as long as it is F-16 related.
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by saberrider » 22 Sep 2018, 16:35

First the AOA indexer ,the light are on or off with gear up ? Maybe is different with so many blocks.No clear answer. Then approach 11 -13 AOA. Some pilots did 9 AOA. Exiting from UPRIGHT STALL s are MADE only if you put the nose down and NO rudder is necessary to be deflected just like GA planes . If exceed 25 AOA rudder is fade away to the pilot input . How come ? stall IS because you are above 25 AOA.Then pitch bucking.How FLCS stops increasing AOA if not canceling immediately ? Another things :Gums said in one of his later post's flaperons go down little in turning and high AOA?

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by planehazza » 23 Sep 2018, 09:38

Wall of text. Please separate them into separate lines so the individual questions can be clearly read.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by saberrider » 25 Sep 2018, 19:38

1 The AOA indexer ,the light are on or off with gear up ? 2 The approach angle must be 11 -13 AOA ? Some pilots did 9 AOA. Exit from UP RIGHT STALL are MADE only if you put the nose down and NO rudder is necessary to be deflected If exceed 25 AOA rudder is fade away to the pilot input . How come ? stall IS because you are above 25 AOA. 3 Pitch bucking.How FLCS stops increasing AOA if not canceling immediately ? 4Gums said in one of his later post's flaperons go down little in turning and high AOA .HOW come ? it is first time when i read about flaps deploying without pilot selection (ALT flap)

by MVSGas » 26 Sep 2018, 15:49

1) The AOA indexer ,the light are on or off with gear up ?
The AOA indexer operates continuously with the LG handle up or down.

The 1F-16A-1, page 138. GR1F-16CJ-1, page 138 and 1F-16CG-1, page 142 all say the same. Also, you can see it on here during the entire flight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SixYwbkrJ1A
2) The approach angle must be 11 -13 AOA ? Some pilots did 9 AOA.
Recommended AOA is 11-13. Not set in stone. AFAIK, some things pilots can adjust as long as they don't exceed 15 AOA
Use a maximum of 13° degrees AOA for
two point aerodynamic braking. Nozzle,
speedbrakes, and ventral fins may
contact runway if 15° degree pitch angle
is exceeded.

3) Exit from UP RIGHT STALL are MADE only if you put the nose down and NO rudder is necessary to be deflected
Exit from stall, just let go of the stick and rudder pedals. Deep stall, you have to use MPO and work the nose down. No rudder need for either.
4) If exceed 25 AOA rudder is fade away to the pilot input . How come ?
I assume the aircraft is more susceptible to yaw departures at high AOA. Completely guessing on my part.
5) stall IS because you are above 25 AOA.
Not sure, I think depends of weight. If I find any info I will edit this.
6)3 Pitch bucking.How FLCS stops increasing AOA if not canceling immediately ?
Never heard that before
7) 4Gums said in one of his later post's flaperons go down little in turning and high AOA .HOW come ? it is first time when i read about flaps deploying without pilot selection (ALT flap).
Again, never heard that. I guess Gums will have to tell us.