Official declassifies F35's instantaneous turn rate

If you feel you absolutely must talk about cars, morality, or anything else not related to the F-16, do it here.
Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by mixelflick » 08 Apr 2019, 11:38

[...]

Sometimes, people operate in a certain bubble, and are never exposed to dissenting views. It just isn't tolerated. This creates its own, bizarre reality. A lot of liberals exist in their little CNN/MSNBCLGBTQ/NPR bubbles. They were told throughout the 2016 Presidential campaign Hillary Clinton was a lock, and then when that didn't come to pass they got lied to for 2 plus years. Trump colluded with Russia. Russian collusion. They didn't lose the election, it was STOLEN from them by Trump and the Russians. So when neither of those transpired they took it like 2 year olds: They threw temper tantrums (at Trump, both times).

Had they been a little more objective, their anger/hate would have been directed at the Mass Media/news outlets that out and out lied to them for years... Instead, they went right back into their little bubbles where they feel safe, and everyone tells them what they want to hear.

The sad, sad cycle then repeats itself and mark my words: If they lose in 2020, you'll see even more/bigger temper tantrums this time around..

::These are off-topic post split from another thread by the moderator::

by knowan » 23 Apr 2019, 08:42

mixelflick wrote:Sometimes, people operate in a certain bubble, and are never exposed to dissenting views. It just isn't tolerated. This creates its own, bizarre reality. A lot of liberals exist in their little CNN/MSNBCLGBTQ/NPR bubbles. They were told throughout the 2016 Presidential campaign Hillary Clinton was a lock, and then when that didn't come to pass they got lied to for 2 plus years. Trump colluded with Russia. Russian collusion. They didn't lose the election, it was STOLEN from them by Trump and the Russians. So when neither of those transpired they took it like 2 year olds: They threw temper tantrums (at Trump, both times).

Had they been a little more objective, their anger/hate would have been directed at the Mass Media/news outlets that out and out lied to them for years... Instead, they went right back into their little bubbles where they feel safe, and everyone tells them what they want to hear.

The sad, sad cycle then repeats itself and mark my words: If they lose in 2020, you'll see even more/bigger temper tantrums this time around..

It's really not as black and white as that; Fox News and other right-wing media bubble is really strong too. Neither side of politics is really willing to listen to anything outside their own information bubble, which is leading to a lot of division across the USA as each side thinks itself innocent of any wrong doing while blaming the other for everything wrong with the country.

That hyper partisanship isn't leading anywhere good, but I don't have a clue how the USA can get out of it.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by mixelflick » 23 Apr 2019, 12:31

knowan wrote:
mixelflick wrote:Sometimes, people operate in a certain bubble, and are never exposed to dissenting views. It just isn't tolerated. This creates its own, bizarre reality. A lot of liberals exist in their little CNN/MSNBCLGBTQ/NPR bubbles. They were told throughout the 2016 Presidential campaign Hillary Clinton was a lock, and then when that didn't come to pass they got lied to for 2 plus years. Trump colluded with Russia. Russian collusion. They didn't lose the election, it was STOLEN from them by Trump and the Russians. So when neither of those transpired they took it like 2 year olds: They threw temper tantrums (at Trump, both times).

It's really not as black and white as that; Fox News and other right-wing media bubble is really strong too. Neither side of politics is really willing to listen to anything outside their own information bubble, which is leading to a lot of division across the USA as each side thinks itself innocent of any wrong doing while blaming the other for everything wrong with the country.
That hyper partisanship isn't leading anywhere good, but I don't have a clue how the USA can get out of it.

Yeah, Fox News... the ONE mainstream media outlet that isn't Pro-Left/Democrat. It's not just CNN/MSNBCLGBTQ TV. It's EVERY other major network, backed up by the New York Times, Washington Post, San Francisco Examiner and on and on and on. In fact, the MSM is simply an extension of the Democratic party. Nothing more, and nothing less. They're used to shape the narrative of "Russian Collusion", "Trump is bad", "Bad Trump" etc etc.

And where do all of these left leaning "journalists" come from? Well, academia of course. In virtually every college/university in this country, impressionable young minds are indoctrinated with left wing stupidity. It's not an education system, it's indoctrination. Free speech? Not if it's contrary to what liberals want you to think. Go ahead, enroll today and tell me how you can graduate without taking courses in "toxic masculinity", "white privilege" and more nonsense. Hell every essay you write you'll flunk if it supports a conservative viewpoint. Doesn't matter how factual and well referenced it is.

Let me put it this way. I watched a show on the Smithsonian Channel last night about JFK Jr's plane crash. All of the "reporters" interviewed were from CNN or similar leftwing news outlets, talking about what a "national tragedy" it was. As if it was 9/11 or Pearl Harbor. When that wasn't enough, they heavily intimated that it was his wife's fault: She spent too long shopping in NYC that Friday, and as a result JFK Jr's plane took off 2 hours late, putting it out over the water during darkness. Ergo, Kennedy's can do no wrong. The fact is he was an arrogant bastard, even refusing a last minute overture from one of his instructors to accompany him. That's doesn't fit the narrative of the Kennedy's are royalty though, OMG we've lost Camelot. Instead, we're going to throw a dead woman under the bus.

This is the kind of media bullshit that goes on all day, every day in this country. The fact of the matter is this: The biggest threat to America isn't ISIS. It isn't Al Queda or even China/Russia. It's liberals. They're taught in schools to hate America, that we're a racist/sexist/homophobic nation and somehow owe the world. They freely support people coming here ILLEGALLY, then wonder why their paradise CA has gone to sh!t because its flooded with MS-13 gangbangers, drug dealers and known thugs/murderers. Worse, that's the future they want for ALL of America. Enforced by disrespecting the rule of law, refusing to speak English and using Political Correctness to tell you what's OK/not OK to think, say etc. both in the home and at the workplace.

Maybe we should just re-program the F-35's threat library with liberal news outlets and universities, then let them go to town..

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by F-16ADF » 23 Apr 2019, 13:30

MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, NYT, WP, Yahoo news, I would dare say are much more to the left than FOX NEWS is to the right. (and I am really not much of a fan of FOX, but it is not hard to note the overwhelming left bias of the so called "mainstream networks.")

I don't even watch "mainstream news" that much anymore because it is nothing more than hyper-anti GOP paranoia. I basically already know what they are going to say-

by knowan » 24 Apr 2019, 12:44

mixelflick wrote:Yeah, Fox News... the ONE mainstream media outlet that isn't Pro-Left/Democrat. It's not just CNN/MSNBCLGBTQ TV. It's EVERY other major network, backed up by the New York Times, Washington Post, San Francisco Examiner and on and on and on. In fact, the MSM is simply an extension of the Democratic party. Nothing more, and nothing less. They're used to shape the narrative of "Russian Collusion", "Trump is bad", "Bad Trump" etc etc.

Fox News is the largest media outlet in the USA, having nearly as much viewership as CNN and MSNBC put together: https://www.statista.com/statistics/373 ... rship-usa/
There's also Sinclair Broadcast Group; they control local stations for 39% of American households.

I don't dispute there being a liberal bias in CNN/MSNBC and various other media outlets, but there certainly is a large amount of conservative biased media in the USA too.

mixelflick wrote:The fact of the matter is this: The biggest threat to America isn't ISIS. It isn't Al Queda or even China/Russia. It's liberals.

The worst threat to America is when people on the other side of the political spectrum are seen as 'the enemy'.

Liberal Americans aren't the enemies of Conservative Americans and vice versa; each side is still American, they just have different opinions and ideas for the country, and very few of those opinions/ideas are genuinely dangerous or going to harm America (those opinions/ideas are isolated to the extremists in the far-left/right).

f-16adf wrote:MSNBC, CNN, ABC, NBC, CBS, NYT, WP, Yahoo news, I would dare say are much more to the left than FOX NEWS is to the right. (and I am really not much of a fan of FOX, but it is not hard to note the overwhelming left bias of the so called "mainstream networks.")

As a centrist, I find MSNBC, CNN and Fox to all be entirely garbage.

NYT/WaPo are definitely biased, but not to nearly the same extent as CNN/MSNBC/FOX. WaPo has definitely gotten worse over the last few years though.