TRUMP Thread

If you feel you absolutely must talk about cars, morality, or anything else not related to the F-16, do it here.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline
User avatar

popcorn

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 7703
  • Joined: 24 Sep 2008, 08:55

Unread post30 Jan 2017, 05:28

A thread for general commentary on Trump. He'll be POTUS for the next 4 years so this wil be a convenient venue to minimize clutter on F16.net forums.
"When a fifth-generation fighter meets a fourth-generation fighter—the [latter] dies,”
CSAF Gen. Mark Welsh
Offline

Corsair1963

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 5690
  • Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 04:14

Unread post30 Jan 2017, 10:22

popcorn wrote:A thread for general commentary on Trump. He'll be POTUS for the next 4 years so this wil be a convenient venue to minimize clutter on F16.net forums.



This could be one long ride....
Offline
User avatar

XanderCrews

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 5978
  • Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 19:42

Unread post30 Jan 2017, 16:00

Corsair1963 wrote:
popcorn wrote:A thread for general commentary on Trump. He'll be POTUS for the next 4 years so this wil be a convenient venue to minimize clutter on F16.net forums.



This could be one long ride....


That's what I said when trudeau got elected...
Choose Crews
Offline

arian

Banned

  • Posts: 1293
  • Joined: 23 Dec 2014, 09:25

Unread post30 Jan 2017, 17:20

All I have to say is Trump 2020! The libs are f**ked in the head.
Offline
User avatar

popcorn

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 7703
  • Joined: 24 Sep 2008, 08:55

Unread post30 Jan 2017, 21:48

arian wrote:All I have to say is Trump 2020! The libs are f**ked in the head.

Let's see what happens at the mid-term elections. That leaked audio recording from the Republican retreat was very revealing. Looks like the dog finally caught the bus it was chasing and now is wondering what to do about it. :mrgreen:
Expect lots more from where that came from, the Trump boat is leaking like a sieve.
"When a fifth-generation fighter meets a fourth-generation fighter—the [latter] dies,”
CSAF Gen. Mark Welsh
Offline

arian

Banned

  • Posts: 1293
  • Joined: 23 Dec 2014, 09:25

Unread post31 Jan 2017, 00:43

popcorn wrote:
arian wrote:All I have to say is Trump 2020! The libs are f**ked in the head.

Let's see what happens at the mid-term elections. That leaked audio recording from the Republican retreat was very revealing. Looks like the dog finally caught the bus it was chasing and now is wondering what to do about it. :mrgreen:
Expect lots more from where that came from, the Trump boat is leaking like a sieve.


Sure, you keep reading that Slate.
Offline

Corsair1963

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 5690
  • Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 04:14

Unread post31 Jan 2017, 04:38

Trump is his own worse enemy......If, he would only shut up and just fix the issues the nation faces. Hell, who want to hear him rant about something absurd at 03:00AM on tweeter.

:doh:
Offline

arian

Banned

  • Posts: 1293
  • Joined: 23 Dec 2014, 09:25

Unread post31 Jan 2017, 04:55

Corsair1963 wrote:Trump is his own worse enemy......If, he would only shut up and just fix the issues the nation faces. Hell, who want to hear him rant about something absurd at 03:00AM on tweeter.

:doh:


On the other hand, by making the lunatic left freak out completely out of proportion at everything he says, he controls the conversation and exposes them for the absolutely insane lunatics they are. Forces the Dems to go further to the left on everything, making them even less electable then they already were.

Not how I would prefer a President to behave, but on the other hand, the Dems moved from the party of Clinton 2 weeks ago to the party of Wendy Davis and Bill DeBlassio today. That's a radical leftward shift in 2 weeks. In 2 more weeks they'll be waving ISIS flags.

In the end its all about turnout. He's won me over. I didn't vote in this last election but sure as hell I'm voting against those whose party platform is "more refugees please!"
Offline

Corsair1963

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 5690
  • Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 04:14

Unread post31 Jan 2017, 05:10

arian wrote:
Corsair1963 wrote:Trump is his own worse enemy......If, he would only shut up and just fix the issues the nation faces. Hell, who want to hear him rant about something absurd at 03:00AM on tweeter.

:doh:


On the other hand, by making the lunatic left freak out completely out of proportion at everything he says, he controls the conversation and exposes them for the absolutely insane lunatics they are. Forces the Dems to go further to the left on everything, making them even less electable then they already were.

Not how I would prefer a President to behave, but on the other hand, the Dems moved from the party of Clinton 2 weeks ago to the party of Wendy Davis and Bill DeBlassio today. That's a radical leftward shift in 2 weeks. In 2 more weeks they'll be waving ISIS flags.

In the end its all about turnout. He's won me over. I didn't vote in this last election but sure as hell I'm voting against
those whose party platform is "more refugees please!"


The problem is Trump could accomplish 99% on what he wants without all of this drama. Yet, he either doesn't have the maturity and/or judgment to do so??? This is very risky and needlessly so....

My guess is even if he is relatively successful. Most Americans will become tired of the constant sideshow and his presidency be remembered in a very negative light.....Assuming he doesn't blow us up before hand???
Offline
User avatar

popcorn

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 7703
  • Joined: 24 Sep 2008, 08:55

Unread post31 Jan 2017, 05:38

He's a pussy, leaving out Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.
"When a fifth-generation fighter meets a fourth-generation fighter—the [latter] dies,”
CSAF Gen. Mark Welsh
Offline

arian

Banned

  • Posts: 1293
  • Joined: 23 Dec 2014, 09:25

Unread post31 Jan 2017, 05:45

Corsair1963 wrote:The problem is Trump could accomplish 99% on what he wants without all of this drama. Yet, he either doesn't have the maturity and/or judgment to do so??? This is very risky and needlessly so....


Possibly. Or, this is the idea. Nothing makes blue-collar workers in Wisconsin want to vote for the Dems like seeing Wendy Davis parade in a va*ina hat, or unhinged psychopaths block airports screaming "we are all Muslims now".

I don't think Trump could accomplish 99% of all this, however, without making the left go insane. The left always eats its own. You need to let them cannibalize themselves first before they are ready to sit down and compromise. I really wouldn't put it past the Left to start planting bombs soon enough, and completely alienate themselves.

Dangerous? Yes. I don't know. Not my style. But in the end, these people are a cancer on America and one way or another they need to be dealt with.
Offline

arian

Banned

  • Posts: 1293
  • Joined: 23 Dec 2014, 09:25

Unread post31 Jan 2017, 05:48

popcorn wrote:He's a pussy, leaving out Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.


Or maybe you're missing the point. The travel ban is just political theater to get the sort of reaction from the Left. Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida etc are now solid GOP thanks to this charade.

Remember, this is what Scott Walker did. This is how the Left responded to Scott Walker. This is how the Left destroyed itself in Wisconsin.

Also this is how you get Saudi Arabia to sit down and step up on taking in more of these "refugees". Or else all those Prince's sons go back to f**king goats in the desert.

PS: This BTW is exactly how the left eats itself. One side says "Islam is a religion of peace! More refugees!" The other side says "Ban these other Muslims!" And then Bill Maher is declared a neo-Nazi by one side of the left. I'm telling you, in 2 weeks at least one faction of the Left will be waving ISIS flags.
Last edited by arian on 31 Jan 2017, 05:58, edited 1 time in total.
Offline
User avatar

popcorn

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

  • Posts: 7703
  • Joined: 24 Sep 2008, 08:55

Unread post31 Jan 2017, 05:57

Or maybe he knows Saudi Arabia can actually muster a lot more economic and political leverage. We'll see how things unfold.
"When a fifth-generation fighter meets a fourth-generation fighter—the [latter] dies,”
CSAF Gen. Mark Welsh
Offline

arian

Banned

  • Posts: 1293
  • Joined: 23 Dec 2014, 09:25

Unread post31 Jan 2017, 06:00

popcorn wrote:Or maybe he knows Saudi Arabia can actually muster a lot more economic and political leverage. We'll see how things unfold.


If only Trump had made Obama add Saudi Arabia to the list of countries to ban.
Offline

arian

Banned

  • Posts: 1293
  • Joined: 23 Dec 2014, 09:25

Unread post24 Jul 2017, 21:21

Dear tincansailor. I am an immigrant.

I don't need you to explain to me the wonderful virtues of immigration and the misguided evil ways of those who would have us stop the flood of millions of illiterate third worlders that enrich our cities with their wonderful and beautiful cultures, and which force me to move further and further away into the furthest of suburbs to escape the wonderful culturally enriched school districts populated by the children of the highly educated illiterate gardeners who now make up the vast majority of the inner city populations of every US city. I know all of this already. Its beautiful. Just pure bliss. What wonderful strength. I can get a chalupa now anytime I want one. WOW!

So I agree with you. Alas, the issue is not the wonderful and beautiful and wondrous cultures which we seem to value over our own, and all those wonderful Burqas and Hijabs that populated Hillary Clinton's DNC show.

The issue apparently seems to be one of...how many? How many? Let's just say for a moment that I agree with you that Somali burqas are a wonderful addition to our society, and all those gardners from God knows where are just fine and dandy. Ok. Now, how many? How many should we take in? 5? 10? 50,000? 1 million? 5 million? 40 million? 400 million? Per year? :roll: When is enough, enough?

Apparently there are diminishing returns to everything. There is such a thing as too much money, too many cookies, too much horsepower, too much of a good thing. But not when it comes to third world immigrants apparently. In that situation, there apparently is never enough of them to go around! An amazing economic discovery!

So with all due respect dear tincansailor, I appreciate your efforts at explaining that America is a nation of immigrants etc etc. I am an immigrant. I recall America was a nation of European immigrants, founded by English immigrants. I don't recall burqas in my American history textbooks. Others were welcomed of course, based on their ability to contribute to this society. But I don't recall political parties saying that Somali Burqas were more American than Americans and the best part of America and their cultures were better then ours and we should let them in unlimited numbers so they can change our culture.

Which is...what one political party does in this country. THAT'S not America. A political party intentionally flooding this country with people in order to destroy our values and society to suit their electoral aims...IS NOT AMERICA.

You think I'm going to give a s**t that Trump lies or tweets, when the other side is telling me I'm supposed to take in millions of hostile invaders? Yeah, a politician lies, and I'm supposed to care. But outright war on Western values and society...meh. At least they no longer lie about it. They're upfront about their hatred of us.

So I guess you have a point. Trump lies, and the Dems are honest. Unfortunate, they are honest about how much they hate ME :D

tincansailor wrote:People had profound fears that demographic changes would destroy the fabric of American culture, that we couldn't survive as a nation


I'm sorry, but you think American culture and society has survived? You feel like you've survived as a nation? That's not what I feel talking a stroll through the streets of my city.

PS: No I don't think you're ignorant or naive at all. I do think some of what you claimed is completely fake news, and for some reason you believe it. But that, nor the rest, make you ignorant nor naive. You just have different priorities than me. You apparently seem to care more about Trump lying, than about the Dems open war on everything decent. I tend to think the Left is evil, and hates me, and in opposing that I'm more than fine with a few lies.

Return to Off-topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests