3 Women Become 1st Female US Marines in Ground Infantry Unit

If you feel you absolutely must talk about cars, morality, or anything else not related to the F-16, do it here.
Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by KamenRiderBlade » 10 Jan 2017, 05:09

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by Corsair1963 » 10 Jan 2017, 08:52

Honestly, I see little value in it on a number of levels. Which, doesn't mean I am against women in the Military or holding senior Leadership Positions. Yet, in Combat Units like the Infantry physical strength is extremely important. This of course puts the vast majority of women at a severe disadvantage from the start. Then consider the cost of integrating such a small number of women in any single unit. Plus, issues like Fraternization, Unwanted Pregnancy, Difference between Genders and I could go on and on and one..........

So, while I don't see the current decision concerning women's integration into the Military changing. That doesn't mean it's the most efficient solution either.

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by discofishing » 24 May 2018, 02:09

Corsair1963 wrote:Honestly, I see little value in it on a number of levels. Which, doesn't mean I am against women in the Military or holding senior Leadership Positions. Yet, in Combat Units like the Infantry physical strength is extremely important. This of course puts the vast majority of women at a severe disadvantage from the start. Then consider the cost of integrating such a small number of women in any single unit. Plus, issues like Fraternization, Unwanted Pregnancy, Difference between Genders and I could go on and on and one..........

So, while I don't see the current decision concerning women's integration into the Military changing. That doesn't mean it's the most efficient solution either.

I am with you. This is a political stunt. If there was any "thought" (as opposed to feeling which drove this decision) put into integrating women into combat arms units then they would change the PT standards for females permanently. Furthermore, if we were interested in projecting real combat power, then we should use deception and remove all women from combat arms (the few that have made it) and make a specialized unit of the best, most fit and tactically proficient females in all the branches and make them a JSOC asset. I'm sure they're already doing pretty swoopy in other government agencies. Yet, now our enemies will be expecting women on the front lines in ground combat.