Women in and out of Uniform

If you feel you absolutely must talk about cars, morality, or anything else not related to the F-16, do it here.
  • Author

femalepilot

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post28 Oct 2020, 11:31

US Navy flight instructor Lt Rhiannon Ross, 30, and her 24-year-old student pilot Coast Guard Ensign Morgan Garrett killed when their T-6B Texan II plane went down shortly after takeoff on Friday
Attachments
122309231_1595403367337207_3834436375851535816_o.jpg
U.S. Navy Lt. Rhiannon Ross, an instructor pilot, stands in front of a T-6B Texan II primary flight trainer aircraft at Naval Air Station Whiting Field in Milton, Fla., in an undated photo.
99010785_10217074895569415_6968928709453545472_o.jpg
Coast Guard Ensign Morgan Garrett
19554171_10207211308959980_1093775215878767006_n.jpg
Coast Guard Ensign Morgan Garrett

femalepilot

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post28 Oct 2020, 18:28

There are only girls in MiG. How the first military pilots of Russia study?
https://pledgetimes.com/there-are-only-girls-in-mig-how-the-first-military-pilots-of-russia-study/
В МиГе только девушки. Как учатся первые военные летчицы России
https://aif.ru/society/people/v_mige_tolko_devushki_kak_uchatsya_pervye_voennye_letchicy_rossii
In two years, the Aerospace Forces of the Russian Federation will join the first female pilots of combat aircraft in history. The quartet of female pilots passed their initial flight practice successfully. AiF.ru tells how their dreams come true.
The only ones in Russia
Cadets of the Krasnodar Higher Military Aviation School of Pilots. A.K.Serov successfully completed the first flight practice in their life on a jet combat training aircraft L-39.

Anna Shcherbakova(Анна Щербакова) from Perm, Ekaterina Pchela(Екатерина Пчела) from Engels of the Saratov region, Vladislava Grigorenko(Владислава Григоренко) from Chelyabinsk and Yulia Babich(Юлия Бабич) from Moscow – future military pilots.
“From June to September, the girls flew training hours of practice, completed more than 50 flights with an instructor,” said Artem Sherstyukov, spokesman for the press service of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation… – The cadets have successfully completed the first stage of training, therefore they will receive admission to independent training flights. In the school they study for another two years. After their release, they will be sent to the active forces. “
On departures, the cadets performed circular flights, trained takeoff, climb, and turn. We learned how to land, make a pre-landing descent. And they constantly perfected their piloting technique.
The female staff of the flight school. A photo: Press service / KVVAUL
In 2020, the fourth female enrollment in the flight school took place, 15 girls are involved in each course.
“All the girls study in the specialty of military transport aviation, and these four cadets were transferred at their request to another specialty: long-range aviation, assault and fighter aviation. They are trained separately, not in Krasnodar, but in Kushchevskaya, on other planes. And there are no such girls in Russia anymore. “
Each has its own destiny, but all of them are united by a sincere love for the sky.
Ekaterina Pchela
“My dad is a military pilot, he is the commander of a long-range aviation division in the city of Engels. My older brother is the crew commander of the Siberia Airlines, so I didn’t choose my future profession for a long time, ”says Ekaterina Pchela. – Dad did not agitate me, he wanted me to make a decision myself. Although, of course, his contribution was still there. I was 18 years old, we lived in Chelyabinsk, he took me to the airfield, and we flew by plane. I really liked it! I want to connect my life with aviation: this is what I dreamed about. “
The cadet intends to fly on long-range aircraft.
“Initially, we trained on the L-39, in the fifth year there will be combat vehicles. I am following in his footsteps, I hope I will conquer Tu-160 aircraft, – the girl continues. – The plane listens to me well. Before the flight you are a little worried, but already used to it. We have a ritual: we greet the plane, stroke its nose, wings, welcome the car! “
In her opinion, proper nutrition and rest are important for the pilot. The girl’s only problem is the need to braid her long hair in tight braids and hide it under a helmet. Catherine admitted that she was worried whether her braid would fit there. It turned out that I was worried in vain.
But it is strictly forbidden to use cosmetics: it is unsafe, since the pilots fly in an oxygen mask.
Cadet Ekaterina Pchela became known throughout the country after, during the Direct Line with President Putin On June 20, 2019, she asked the head of state if a female pilot could become a pilot on the presidential plane.
The path to the school turned out to be difficult. Of all the girls who entered, she was the only one who already had flight experience. After school, Bee graduated from the Civil Aviation School and received a commercial pilot certificate.
When I found out about the first girls’ recruitment of military pilots, I submitted documents without hesitation. The girl had to retake the USE and do physical training every day.
Anna Shcherbakova
“The day starts the same way: wake up, breakfast, then – flights or preliminary preparation, go to the simulator. I try to use my free time for study, ”says the student.
She lacked one point in the entrance exams, but she managed to enroll.
After school, Anna Shcherbakova entered the Tchaikovsky State Institute of Physical Culture, was engaged in judo and sambo. And when I found out about the first set of girls in Russia for the courses of military pilots, I dropped everything and went to take the exams.
When one point was not enough to pass, Anna took a desperate step: she wrote a letter of petition Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu… In it, she explained that she dreamed of devoting herself to military service, becoming a military pilot.
Letters of petition to the department were sent by the parents, the leadership of the Perm school number 44, which the girl successfully graduated from, and the teachers of the Institute of Physical Education.
“I was in no hurry to go home, I was waiting for an answer from the minister in Krasnodar,” Anna Shcherbakova recalls.
A miracle happened: Sergei Shoigu issued a special order on the enrollment of a purposeful girl in the flight school. After the oath, Anna cried.
In the Ministry of Defense, the minister’s decision was argued by the fact that during the entrance tests Anna showed a high psychological and professional readiness to master the specialty.
The girl continues the military dynasty. Her father Alexander Shcherbakov – retired colonel, brother Sergei – Lieutenant, serves in the Strategic Missile Forces.
Anna’s love for airplanes originated in childhood. She lived near the air base and often watched planes soar into the sky. Even then, deep down in my soul, I dreamed of sitting at the wheel.
“The plane does not know who is flying it, a man or a girl,” says the student. – Not everything is still perfect, there is work to do. In flight, the sensations are the most wonderful: the best feeling that I have experienced in my life! “
Vladislava Grigorenko
A miniature cadet from Chelyabinsk Vladislav Grigorenko successfully overcame the competition of 10 people for a place and passed the difficult physical standards.
“I succeeded, probably, because I was very striving for my goal,” explains the cadet. – I passed the exam well, went in for sports. It is not easy to study at the school, but I knew where I was going, I was mentally prepared for difficulties. And today we are the same cadets as our fellow students, boys ”.
The girl’s choice to become a military pilot was influenced by her mother, who works as a doctor at the regional military registration and enlistment office. The girl also liked military parades.
Vladislava’s plans are not only to become a military pilot, but also to take part in the Beauty in Epaulettes competition.
Yulia Babich
Cadet Yulia Babich dreams of becoming an astronaut, studying to be a military pilot is a stage on the way to her main dream. In “civilian life”, the girl was engaged in the parachute-landing sports section, made 18 jumps.
The path to the Krasnodar Aviation School was thorny and difficult. The girl did not pass the competition to the Zhukov Military Academy of Aerospace Defense in Tver. But she successfully passed the exams at the university of civil aviation in Moscow. And when she learned about the first recruitment to the Krasnodar Higher Military Aviation School of pilots, she left the civilian university and came to enter the Kuban. And she did not regret: she passed all the exams and tests successfully. She passed the physical standards perfectly. Julia was helped by training in army hand-to-hand combat.
“From school I have been waiting for a chance to become a military pilot,” says Yulia Babich. – At first, my mother was wary of my idea, but later she supported me. Now I can make my family happy, which has done a lot for me. “
The girl intends to conquer not only the sky, but also space.
“Since childhood, I have dreamed of space, visited Star City, took autographs from astronauts, was in the flight preparation center,” says the Muscovite. “But to get into the cosmonaut corps, you need to study, so I want to serve the Motherland and fly.”
In November, the quartet of cadets will begin independent flights.
Attachments
5c2f966e99050a3cd04656f126612728.jpg
Анна Щербакова из Перми.
ced65c71f027facf88378568b0d88e48.jpg
Before the flight, Anna Shcherbakova’s friend braids her braids.
344d32756dbfc5736aac74b2c211d574.jpg
Before leaving school, Vladislava was professionally engaged in dancing in the “Ural” ensemble. For a short time I tried myself in fencing.

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

• Warnings: -2

Unread post04 Nov 2020, 07:30

Female fighter pilots test modified “G-suit”
03 Nov 2020 1st Lt. Savanah Bray, 53rd Wing

"EGLIN AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. --
A modified version of the Advanced Technology Anti-Gravity Suits was successfully tested by five female fighter pilots here Oct. 26-30.

“As more women strap into fast jets to get the mission done, I think the Air Force is heading in the right direction,” said Capt. Brittany Trimble, F-16 instructor pilot, when asked about her experience testing the modified ATAGS.

ATAGS is a proven design and a critical life support item that protects aircrew members from the effects of high-G forces during maneuvers in fighter aircraft, but having been in use since 2001, the more than 20-year-old ATAGS design was developed primarily for standard men’s body types. Pilots who are shorter or have smaller or hard-to-fit body types often struggle to properly adjust the G-suit to fit well due to a limited range of adjustability in the standard sizes.

Directly tasked by the Secretary of the Air Force, engineers and subject matter experts at Air Force Life Cycle Management Center and AFWERX set out to address priority shortfalls in female specific aircrew equipment and gear, to include ATAGS. Instead of creating a new product altogether, experts determined that modifications could be made to the current ATAGS design to better fit women and various body types.

The two major modifications to the ATAGS include wider lacing panels in the waist, thigh and calf, which allows the suit to be easily adjusted for different body proportions, and the option for a “darted” or tailored, custom waist that does not reduce performance of the waist bladder that inflates during high-G maneuvers.

“In the past, some pilots with a shorter torso have had issues with ATAGS that were too large riding up and causing bruising on the rib cages, while pilots who are hard-to-fit may have had one size that fits through the legs, but need a smaller size in the waist,” said Charles Cruze, engineer, AFLCMC Human Systems Division. “Now, the waist can now be darted up to 3.75 inches, allowing for a more custom and accurate fit, preventing both of those issues.”

In order to properly and safely test the ATAGS, the 85th Test and Evaluation Squadron executed nearly 20 sorties in F-16 D-model aircraft. During these test sorties, pilots conducted low- and high-G basic fighter maneuvers and specific profiles to allow for accurate evaluation of the modified ATAGS. F-16 D-models were used so that in each sortie, a pilot wearing standard ATAGS was in the aircraft to ensure safety should an issue with the modified ATAGS arise.... [more at URL]

...Fortunately for Airmen across the Air Force, ATAGS is not the only gear getting modified or adapted for women. More information on female fitment efforts, like the a new body armor system designed for women, can be found at the link
[ http://https//www.aflcmc.af.mil/Units/FemaleFitment/ ].

“These tests are important because they will ultimately increase the lethality of those who no longer have their mask slip down during a sortie, their G-suit crunch under their waist, or the extra fabric of a too big anti-exposure suit get in the way of their movements in the jet,” said Trimble. “These don’t seem like big issues, but everything counts in the air, and having gear that fits and works as intended should be the standard. I’m excited the Air Force is working to identify and fix these issues, especially in innovative ways like provide AFE new modification options.”

Photo: "1st Lt Elizabeth Pennell, T-38 pilot, steps into the F-16D wearing the modified ATAGS. The modified ATAGS is the latest advancement in female aircrew fitment and was flight tested at Eglin Air Force Base, Fla. October 26-30, 2020. (U.S. Air Force photo by 1st Lt Savanah Bray)." https://media.defense.gov/2020/Nov/03/2 ... 47-002.JPG (2Mb)
&
"Five fighter pilots from various squadrons tested the modified ATAGS. The modified ATAGS are the latest advancement in female aircrew fitment, and were flight tested at Eglin Air Force Base, Fla. October 26-30, 2020. From left to right, Maj. Shanon Jamison, Capt. Brittany Trimble, Lt. Col. Ashley Rolfe, Maj. Kristin Hollrith, and 1st Lt. Elizabeth Pennell. (U.S. Air Force photo by 1st Lt Savanah Bray)" https://media.defense.gov/2020/Nov/03/2 ... 47-001.JPG (0.7Mb)

Source: https://www.eglin.af.mil/News/Article-D ... ed-g-suit/
Attachments
ATAGsuitFemaleF-16testZoom.jpg
ATAGfiveFemalePilotsTest.jpg
A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber

femalepilot

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post09 Nov 2020, 09:01

Becky Muggli Baughman, A-10 Fighter pilot
A fighter pilot in the Air Force, Rebecca “Coyote” Baughman flew A-10s and instructed T-37s. Coyote has 99 combat missions in Iraq (Operation Iraqi Freedom), Afghanistan (Operation Enduring Freedom), and Kuwait (Operation Southern Watch). She has patrolled Korea’s no fly zone and was a flight lead and Airborne Forward Air Controller (FAC-A). She attended the United States Air Force Academy, majoring in biology (emphasis in aerospace physiology) and minoring in French, where she completed T-3 flight training and earned her jump wings. She also attended the l’Ecole de l’Air (French Air Force Academy) where she earned her French Commando jump wings and completed their initial flight training program. She attended Euro NATO Joint Jet Pilot Training (ENJJPT) as a student and later went back to instruct and evaluate NATO fighter pilots as a flight commander and check pilot. She received her master’s degree in human relations from the University of Oklahoma. She has worked with the Alabama State Troopers in the Aviation Search and Rescue unit and is currently a mentor with Veteran’s Court.
Attachments
123914883_10109003573653091_6453610275640398839_n.jpg
https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/123914883_10109003573653091_6453610275640398839_n.jpg
123346557_10109003573643111_2172843636431083728_n.jpg
https://scontent-cdt1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/123346557_10109003573643111_2172843636431083728_n.jpg
1929707_34872223728_3891_n.jpg
1929707_34871403728_1990_n.jpg
1929707_34872218728_3604_n.jpg
1929707_34871983728_8365_n.jpg

femalepilot

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post13 Nov 2020, 12:09

A new boss for the Canadian "Top Gun"
Lt. Col. Riel Erickson, CF-18 Fighter pilot of ROYAL CANADIAN AIR FORCE
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/national/2020-11-11/une-nouvelle-patronne-pour-le-top-gun-canadien.php
Attachments
96514eaa-23c1-11eb-b8ad-02fe89184577.jpg
https://mobile-img.lpcdn.ca/lpca/924x/r3996/96514eaa-23c1-11eb-b8ad-02fe89184577.jpg
b660eb77-23c1-11eb-b8ad-02fe89184577.jpg
https://mobile-img.lpcdn.ca/lpca/924x/b660eb77-23c1-11eb-b8ad-02fe89184577.jpg

femalepilot

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post16 Nov 2020, 20:57

From Euro-Fighter Pilot To Astronaut: Meet Nicola Baumann
Attachments
HELDIN DER LÜFTE - RTL WEST.mp4_snapshot_05.40.561.jpg

femalepilot

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post18 Nov 2020, 23:07

Attachments
104968316_1199754460372954_989493830635935380_n.jpg

spazsinbad

Elite 5K

Elite 5K

• Warnings: -2

Unread post22 Nov 2020, 06:02

First Indian woman pilot to fly the Rafale https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L79oWZwXH0A

A4G Skyhawk: www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/ & www.youtube.com/channel/UCwqC_s6gcCVvG7NOge3qfAQ/videos?view_as=subscriber
Previous

Return to Off-topic