Tamiya's new 1/48 F-1C Block 25/32!

Here you can discuss paint schemes, kit details etc. for flying and non-flying scale models.
Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by Habu » 10 Feb 2008, 01:01

Here's the box art, my home state!
Do your homework, Tiger!

by JochemP » 10 Feb 2008, 07:15

For $38.00 USD, 26.00 Euros, Good deal. plus accessories just check guys:

About the Model

# Model represents the F-16C [Block 25/32].
# New parts accurately reproduce the correct engine nozzle and smaller air intake that correspond to Pratt & Whitney powered F-16s.
# Main landing gear and gear well covers also depicted with new parts.
# Wing reinforcement plates for Block 32 recreated with decals.
# Extensive weapons set features AIM-9L/M and AIM-9X sidewinders, AIM-120 AMRAAM, wing and centerline fuel tanks, and LITENING II targeting pod.
# New parts for GBU-12 laser-guided bombs feature clear parts to depict the laser guidance package for a more realistic finish.
# New ordinance racks on the wings accurately match their respective weapons.
# 1 pilot figure included and 3 sets of U.S. Air National Guard markings included.

Not bad ah?

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by StolichnayaStrafer » 10 Feb 2008, 17:33

Is it a decent pilot that is seated in the cockpit?

I usually do my models in flying configuration, the majority of kits have had no flying cremembers for a LONG time now. :?

That made me go primarily to 1/144 scale stuff, but I would love to do a nice F-16 in a larger scale with a nice looking cockpit! 8)
Why is the vodka gone?
Why is the vodka always gone... oh- that's why!
Hide the vodka!!!

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by ViperEnforcer » 14 Feb 2008, 00:59

Saw most of the sprue shots about 6 weeks ago. It's every bit as good and accurate as the 32nd scale C model kit. Good timing too, as the Kinetic 48th F-16 kits are about to plaster the Viper model scene, though they will still pale in comparison to Tamiya's Viper line up!

Mike V
If it yanks, banks, turns, and burns, Crew Chiefs made it happen!

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by Boman » 17 Feb 2008, 10:09

StolichnayaStrafer wrote:Is it a decent pilot that is seated in the cockpit?
I usually do my models in flying configuration, the majority of kits have had no flying cremembers for a LONG time now. :?

YES :D

Both of Tamiya's Vipers have pilots included, and good they are too. Choice of 2 helmets - HGU-55 or JHMCS style :twisted:

Not sure about the Kinetic kits. Although some sprue shots have been shown, there is still no complete display of the sprues anywhere yet. I`m hoping they included pilots, but I am not holding my breath for it :wink:
Best regards
Niels

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by StolichnayaStrafer » 17 Feb 2008, 18:09

Thanks for the info, I would LOVE to do one up in the Flogger Aggressor pattern! :applause:
Why is the vodka gone?
Why is the vodka always gone... oh- that's why!
Hide the vodka!!!

by rickster25 » 08 Mar 2008, 03:27

I just can't wait for it, procure a couple. (then build a Block 30 and Block 42 Vipers by swapping parts with a Block 50 -plus a WAR HUD-and an out of the box Block 32). :?:
when in a mix, check six.

by rickster25 » 14 Mar 2008, 13:03

It's out now in our country for P1,400.00 or at least $32. But it's worth the hard earned money. 8)

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by Habu » 14 Mar 2008, 16:48

Well you're lucky, the kits are molded in the Phillipines. Sweet! Let us know how it looks.
Do your homework, Tiger!

by rickster25 » 14 Mar 2008, 18:55

Habu wrote:Well you're lucky, the kits are molded in the Phillipines. Sweet! Let us know how it looks.

Sir, you mean take photographs of the unassembled kit? :?:

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by Habu » 14 Mar 2008, 19:08

If you want to, sure! I just meant to give a quick review.
Do your homework, Tiger!

by rickster25 » 14 Mar 2008, 19:15

Copy that, sir. I still haven't bought it yet but I'll procure it after Holy Week.

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by Habu » 14 Mar 2008, 19:23

Roger.
Do your homework, Tiger!

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by ViperEnforcer » 15 Mar 2008, 20:37

Well, before I trucked off to work yesterday, mince showed up at my door step.

Dam, this is as sweet as the Block 50 kit. There are a few area I was not totally satisfied with, but that comes with any kit.

The kit comes with the late style block 1-30 wheels, but this time the brakes are molded with the wheel hub. Really wish they would have molded these separate.

The exhaust nozzle exterior looks great and is quite accurate, but unfortunately, the interior divergent/convergent Flap/Flap seal detail is blank and short. It's still a lot better than any other Pratt nozzle in kit form. Just wish they could have went the extra detailing effort, like they did when they over engineered the vertical tail! The exhaust/augmenter duct is as plain-Jane as the CJ kit, with a basic 1 piece Flame holder/mixing duct/turbine assembly.

The GBU-12 is well done and the LITENING Pod even better than Hasegawa’s version. I really liked the TER, but could use dome more fine detailing. Tamiya also included the 210 launchers, Shit-Hot! These were missing from the Test Shots I saw a few months ago.

The NSI intake is spot on as are the smaller MLG door retract actuator and bracket assembly. And finally, the most accurate light weight gear in 48th scale! This was one of my peeves with the Hasegawa kit, as they just didn’t get them right.

I’ll have more later on.

Mike V

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by ViperEnforcer » 15 Mar 2008, 21:10

Well, before I trucked off to work yesterday, mince showed up at my door step.

Dam, this is as sweet as the Block 50 kit. There are a few area I was not totally satisfied with, but that comes with any kit.

The kit comes with the late style block 1-30 wheels, but this time the brakes are molded with the wheel hub. Really wish they would have molded these separate.

The exhaust nozzle exterior looks great and is quite accurate, but unfortunately, the interior divergent/convergent Flap/Flap seal detail is blank and short. It's still a lot better than any other Pratt nozzle in kit form. Just wish they could have went the extra detailing effort, like they did when they over engineered the vertical tail! The exhaust/augmenter duct is as plain-Jane as the CJ kit, with a basic 1 piece Flame holder/mixing duct/turbine assembly.

The GBU-12 is well done and the LITENING Pod even better than Hasegawa’s version. I really liked the TER, but could use dome more fine detailing. Tamiya also included the 210 launchers, Shit-Hot! These were missing from the Test Shots I saw a few months ago.

The NSI intake is spot on as are the smaller MLG door retract actuator and bracket assembly. And finally, the most accurate light weight gear in 48th scale! This was one of my peeves with the Hasegawa kit, as they just didn’t get them right.

I’ll have more later on.

Mike V

Next