Tamiya's new 1/48 F-1C Block 25/32!

Here you can discuss paint schemes, kit details etc. for flying and non-flying scale models.
Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by Habu » 14 Apr 2008, 03:40

Ender_Wiggin wrote:
Habu wrote:Well for the CA bird, there's only one with a black tail and gray griffin. But there's others out there,including the decals in the Tamiya kit, and TwoBobs.

I meant of the 17 we have here in Fort Wayne, the 144th jet is the only one with the black tail, very unique. Kinda makes me wonder how they're gonna keep that look once the panels have to come off!

The black tail is currently at the det at March ARB...(at least last I looked). So it won't be up to Fresno for a while. It really is a neat looking jet.
Do your homework, Tiger!

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by Habu » 14 Apr 2008, 05:15

rickster25 wrote:ANG Vipers have attractive tail arts but colored tails plus tail art it's very inspiring to model. Beyond the black tail 144FW and the red tail 188th FW Wing Kings, are there any more unique Viper (Block 25/32) tails? :drool:

Oh man, there are a lot throughout the years. Browse the database here, you'll see them. Scott did a good job of using a lot of the current ones. But ever since the 80s, so that's a LOT of tails!
Do your homework, Tiger!

by Ender_Wiggin » 14 Apr 2008, 15:43

Habu wrote:
Ender_Wiggin wrote:
Habu wrote:Well for the CA bird, there's only one with a black tail and gray griffin. But there's others out there,including the decals in the Tamiya kit, and TwoBobs.

I meant of the 17 we have here in Fort Wayne, the 144th jet is the only one with the black tail, very unique. Kinda makes me wonder how they're gonna keep that look once the panels have to come off!

The black tail is currently at the det at March ARB...(at least last I looked). So it won't be up to Fresno for a while. It really is a neat looking jet.

They had me on it back in January when they got it back from doing the F-15 cover when they were grounded. I think at that time they were up in OR, but I could be wrong.
ACC 83-1130, 122nd FW

Previous