IAF F-16I Sufa scale model - Looking for CAD files

Here you can discuss paint schemes, kit details etc. for flying and non-flying scale models.

by vanhey1 » 19 Nov 2007, 19:58

Hello,

I am new to this forum and was hoping for some help with a new project. A 1/6 Scale IAF F-16I Sufa Turbine Powered RC Model. I am looking for CAD files of this version that can be transferred to a 5-Axis CNC Mill to shape the plug for the fibreglass mould. Your suggestions are welcome.

I have also considered taking a Hasegawa F-16D 1/48-scale model with the IsraCast Sufa conversion kit and having this 3 Dimensional scanned. But my concern is the real detail will be lost and require too much time to edit the drawings.

F-16.net Please Help

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by Habu » 20 Nov 2007, 08:08

I deleted the double post for ya. This is a tall order my friend, I know of no one that would have this ready-made. I'm afraid you're probably on your own on this one. Your idea of using the Hase kit isn't a bad one, why not just start there? Or if you're worried about detail preservation, why not scan a BWM jet or similar. Those are already in 1/6 scale.
Do your homework, Tiger!

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by ACMIguy » 20 Nov 2007, 13:13

LM has a model department that may be able to help. You probably already know about the Skymaster jets. http://www.skymasterjet.com/f16.htm
I would think it would be easier to build the add on parts making a standard off the shelf F-16 into the Sufa.
Then you can reproduce the others from that.

by vanhey1 » 25 Nov 2007, 15:31

Thank you for all of your comments. If it is so hard to find CAD Files for the F-16 are there any scale drawings of the Sufa. Something that would give me the correct dimensions for making adjustments to a CAD File from a 3D scan.