ATLIS pod on F-16A?

Here you can discuss paint schemes, kit details etc. for flying and non-flying scale models.

by Viperaholic » 10 Dec 2003, 15:34

Greetings All:

I posted a picture on the General Forum of a Pakistani F-16A with an ATLIS pod. Albotros Modelworks in Mexico will be issuing a sheet of Vipers that will finally include Pakistani Vipers with Afghan and Russian kills. What I need now is information on any aftermarket ATLIS pods in 1/48 or 1/32 to model a Paistani F-16 with it. If there is no aftermarket pod, can anyone point me in the right direction to find plans or dimentions for the pod so that I may scratch build one? I also have an observation from Desmond that the pylon used to mount the pod appears to be the same as that used for Lantrin and Lightning. Any other bits of info would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Attachments
f16a.jpg

Elite 2K
Elite 2K

by Habu » 10 Dec 2003, 17:58

There are currently no pods that I know of that are available.

I'm in the same boat as you are with my Litening II pod.

So what I'm doing is modifying the LANTIRN pod from the Hasegawa Weapons Set D, the latest one. I'd say get some good pids of the pod and try to modify an existing pod, like I'm doing. That pis isn't very detailed that you have, but from the looks of it, the body of the pod loooks the same, with only the seeker head needing modification. Nothing some plastic card, sandpaper and CA can't handle ;)

Manufacturers need to get on the ball with the newer data, target aquisition and ECM pods man! Hasegawa is on the right track with releasing that new weapons set, but it only includes the older LANTIRN pods that I believe only the F-15 is using now.
Do your homework, Tiger!

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by faassen » 03 Jan 2004, 23:27

I don't know if they are in the box but you should try to look for the RoG Rafale models 1/48 or any Mirage 2000 kit from Heller or Airfix. Also the French Jaguars have used the Atlis pod during Desert Storm back in 1991! So maybe one of the jaguar kits have it?
Dick