F-16C "Coup de Grâce"

Here you can discuss paint schemes, kit details etc. for flying and non-flying scale models.

by fishbone » 28 Jul 2015, 03:26

Hello!

This is my 1/72 Tamiya F-16, I make it into Colorado Air National Guard (COANG) F-16C Tiger Meet scheme, which featured black tiger stripes all over its fuselage with Dark Grey/Grey coating. The 120th Fighter Squadron (120 FS) is a unit of the Colorado Air National Guard 140th Wing (FW) located at Buckley Air Force Base, Aurora, Colorado.

The Tail fin I'll customize it into Traxex: DROW Ranger themed, with KT612-AF87 wordings.

I installed a LED in the thruster so make it more "real". I drilled a 4mm± hole at the bottom of fuselage to implants the 20cm± brass rod, I glued it by using A+B Epoxy glue, and then pass the wire through the hollow rod straight to its bottom. Left overnight to cure.

I panel wash with Tamiya XF-1 & XF-53. Washing, filtering and weathering with oil paint, XF-1, XF-2 and XF-53. I'm not sure whether are those panel lines not deep enough or my problems, some panel washing are like s**ts on several areas. I use Airbrush to touch up some details, like the jet intake, thruster and some pre-shade areas.

Top-coated by Mr.Hobby semi-gloss and stick a fork in it.

Thanks for viewing and any constructive comments/critiques are welcome!

Below is the LED thruster effect.

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by checksixx » 28 Jul 2015, 04:24

I'm guessing its supposed to be unrealistic based on the tail and weapons...but the AB effect is cool.

Elite 3K
Elite 3K

by basher54321 » 28 Jul 2015, 14:32

Nice work well done

The model looks like an F-16A ADF - notice the raised bird slicers in front of the cockpit and shorter tail base.