1/6 Viper pilot,..NOT

Here you can discuss paint schemes, kit details etc. for flying and non-flying scale models.

by 4122aaf » 04 Nov 2013, 22:49

Warning. I recently purchased a Hot Toys pilot fugure for my cockpit diorama. I was very much mislead in the contents. The seller advertised it as an "F-16 & F-22" pilot item, but when I received it, I was very disappointed. Even though the manufacturer pictures a Viper pilot on the front and back box covers, there is no F-16 pilot or gear accessory included. The back of box even shows gear and patches of a Viper pilot, but not included in package. I paid almost $250 for the item, and cannot use any of it. I was looking for a Viper pilot, nothing more, nothing less. Am in talks with the seller now, but anyone looking for an F-16 pilot need not look at this item, in spite of what the box shows. Not only that, I was very surprised at the quality of the manufacturer. Very poorly done. Really expected something better. Visor was cracked, patches were missing, and some hoses were very poorly glued (couldn't tell until you take them out of the box) Parts of hose and mask don't fit into the helmet. Detail is of a lesser quality than a modeler would want.. Closer to a Barbie and Ken figure manufacture. I have made my own pilot figure by researching details (including this great site) and purchased items individually from assorted places. My made-from-scratch model is 10 times as good....and alot cheaper. Buy this item at your own risk, and know exactly what you may be getting. :bang:
Attachments
pilot.jpg
pilot444.jpg
F22andF16.jpg