Israeli Kits

Here you can discuss paint schemes, kit details etc. for flying and non-flying scale models.
  • Author

Pumpkin

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post26 Dec 2004, 20:15

netz wrote:raanan had made also beutiful 600 gallon fuel in 1:48 made out of resin.

netz, I am afraid IsraCast's 600 resin tank is quite a disappointment to the Viper modellers.

I am however impressed with Mr. Raanan's privilege to access IAF hardware. He has got some very "up close and personal" encounters with IAF's Vipers, I must say.

By any chance, he is a friend of yours? I will be more than happy if you can convey a message to him;

I believe it will be a great favour to Viper Modelling enthusiasts if he can market resin update for the ballast and SRS mount points as shown in this F-16I here, at a reasonable price of course. :wink:

cheers,
Desmond

ViperEnforcer

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post02 Jan 2005, 01:39

I think the main issue/peeve with most of us modelers is that the set is redundant for us who already have a F-16DJ and even the a CJ kit (for the block 50 parts that can be used on a F-16D kit) in hand. If you eliminate the "Hasegawa" kit copied parts (since really that's what most of the parts are) MCID intake, bulged gear doors, Block 50 wheels, and that unnecessary aft lower fuselage plug (ventrals) and just make the required RWR Antennas and other mods as separate parts, then the set would be more reasonable.

Also, the fact that the 600 gal tanks (Which are direct resin copies of Hasegawa's F-2 tanks!) and pylons are not included, is another turn off. Now, if the set was broke down as per my description and the tanks/pylons were included for $45, that would be very acceptable!

Mike V
If it yanks, banks, turns, and burns, Crew Chiefs made it happen!

netz

Unread post02 Jan 2005, 21:56

Hi everybody!

About raanan weis: he have alot of connection with the IDF/AF. I saw the pictures wich where the basis of his work on the f16i conversion kit they are as detailed as can be there for I am suprised about the dissapointing from the 600 gallon fuel tanks. (the fuel tanks are called "bidonim" in the IDF/AF). he made most of the tail arts painted on Israeli a/c in the last decade. in my opinion he is very talent person. he is also verynice one and I am sure he will response to you when you will adrres him at the mail section in the Isradecal site (www.isradecal.com).

Happy new year everybody!

I will add more pics of tail art he made for the first fighter squadron and from the opening ceremony of the second Sufa (F-16I) squadron - "the bat" squadron.
Attachments
f16c.jpg

netz

Unread post02 Jan 2005, 22:01

See also the topic called: Second F-16I squadron

ViperEnforcer

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post03 Jan 2005, 10:27

Ok, not sure if we all needed your pal history with Raanan Weis, since most of us in the Viper modeling community already know of him and his IAF affiliation. I know his work and it's good. A long time ago (before this site) I corresponded with him on some IAF block 30 issues. After all, he does bring us the "ISRA Books". Yes, he's a nice guy, so don't take my postings out of context to get your point across.

Since you did not get my point, Ill reiterate again: all most of us we saying is that the F-16I set was redundant in copied Hasegawa parts. Those of us who already have a Hasegawa F-16DJ or CJ kit (for the block 50 parts), there is no need for the Hasegawa copied block 50 parts.

It just would of been nice to have the F-16I set, or a separate set without the redundant parts. Also, there is no need for a lower aft fuselage plug section, when the necessary parts could have been molded separately. It makes for a more difficult build.

The disappointment with the 600 gal. tanks lies with the exclusion from the F-16I conversion and also that they are direct copies of the Hasegawa F-2 tanks, with modified pylons.

I never criticized Raanan's F-16I model, in fact I think it's a fine peice of work.

Mike V

Pumpkin

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post03 Jan 2005, 19:12

ViperEnforcer wrote:Ok, not sure if we all needed your pal history with Raanan Weis, since most of us in the Viper modeling community already know of him and his IAF affiliation. I know his work and it's good. A long time ago (before this site) I corresponded with him on some IAF block 30 issues. After all, he does bring us the "ISRA Books". Yes, he's a nice guy, so don't take my postings out of context to get your point across.

Since you did not get my point, Ill reiterate again: all most of us we saying is that the F-16I set was redundant in copied Hasegawa parts. Those of us who already have a Hasegawa F-16DJ or CJ kit (for the block 50 parts), there is no need for the Hasegawa copied block 50 parts.

It just would of been nice to have the F-16I set, or a separate set without the redundant parts. Also, there is no need for a lower aft fuselage plug section, when the necessary parts could have been molded separately. It makes for a more difficult build.

The disappointment with the 600 gal. tanks lies with the exclusion from the F-16I conversion and also that they are direct copies of the Hasegawa F-2 tanks, with modified pylons.

I never criticized Raanan's F-16I model, in fact I think it's a fine peice of work.

ViperEnforcer, was it my imagination or you sounded a little 'aggressive' :shock: . I feel netz's last reply was more a response to my post.

In any case, I second your opinion on the F-16I conversion kit. But beg to differ on the point, the 600 should be included as a whole package. I believe a HAF Viper modeller will certainly appreciate the 600 sold separately, IF it was any better than what it is.

cheers,
Desmond

ViperEnforcer

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post03 Jan 2005, 19:30

Not aggressive, just poignant, as it looked aimed at me. Maybe I took it the wrong way and if so, I apologize to Netz, but is felt a little snide-ish.

As far as the F-16I set, yeah most of us felt the 600 gal. tanks should have been included. It only makes sense since the set is designed "primarily" as an Israeli conversion, not Hellenic.

Mike V

netz

Unread post07 Jan 2005, 16:20

hi viperenforcer !
i hope the following pics will answer your quastions about the conversion kit.
whether it is wise? you should ask raanan weis! :D

i take this oportunity to wish my younger brother all the best for joining IDFAF flight academy this week. i hope he will graduate and become a jet fighter and will fly the "sufa"!
Attachments
f16i-10.jpg
f16i-11.jpg
f16i-12.jpg
f16i-13.jpg
f16i-14.jpg

Pumpkin

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post07 Jan 2005, 21:29

netz, we have had some discussion at length on the above referenced pictures over @ ARC. Click here for the thread.

That was when, we have concluded, a great amount of redundant resin or copies of Hasegawa's part is not useful to the modellers but burden us with a heavy cost.

cheers,
Desmond

Habu

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post22 Jan 2005, 20:15

Yeah, we've seen those pics, which is why I agree with Mike. Plus, you can read more info about them in the thread Pumpkin linked to.
Do your homework, Tiger!

weiss

Unread post25 Jan 2005, 08:46

Hi All

I just want to clear few things on my F-16I and 600 gallon fuel tanks resin kits.

About the F-16I. It is right that some of the parts are copies from the F-16 Block 50 kits - ONLY the landing gear doors and the missile rails. I need to explain some things when thinking of making such a comprehensive kit.

The Hasegawa F-16DJ kit was a short run limited edition kit as well as the Israeli F-16D kit and they are both hard to get. ALL the rest of the TWO seaters F-16 DID NOT have the bulged landing gear door nor the missile rails. This is the reason I needed to add these parts since most of the people I know have F-16Bs and F-16Ds of the regular productions. About the wheels, the front one is different. It has a wider tyre and actually made from TWO nose wheel. The main wheels are from the Block 50 kits, and I said before DO NOT include in most Hasegawa?s F-16B/Ds. About the intake. This is NOT the MCID intake - it is the regular smaller intake BUT if you note, when you fit the intake to the fuselage, the two small intakes that suppose to show between the intake the lower fuselage, will be SEALED! As it suppose to be. This is the reason I included a new intake in the set. About the lower aft fuselage part. This part include the chaff/flare dispensers as well as few aerials. It is impossible to give the chaff/flare section separately because it will be hard explain how and where to cut the original fuselage to fit the new parts. I don?t want to think what you would say if I was giving you this option...

About the 600 gal fuel tanks. The hasegawa tanks are very accurate and I did use them. The pylons are completely different and scratch build completely to fit the Hasegawa?s F-16s. I didn?t add them to the F-16I kit because the F-16I usually fly with 370 gallon tank (They have CFTs..) and the 600 tanks are being flown by the F-16A/B Nets and F-16C/D as well. So if you are planning to build an F-16C of the scorpion sqn. with a 600 gallon fuel tanks, you won?t need to but the F-16I kit to get them.

Ra?anan Weiss :lol:

Habu

Elite 2K

Elite 2K

Unread post25 Jan 2005, 08:52

Ra'anan, check your PMs if you haven't already, I'd love to pst this over on ARC. I know the guys would like to hear it from you. Tnx!
Do your homework, Tiger!

Pumpkin

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post25 Jan 2005, 20:38

weiss wrote:About the 600 gal fuel tanks. The hasegawa tanks are very accurate and I did use them.

hi weiss, I'm afraid Hasegawa's 600 is not 'very' accurate. You can find our discussion here.

cheers,
Desmond

Pumpkin

Forum Veteran

Forum Veteran

Unread post29 Apr 2005, 20:29

Some new products from Paragon Designs for modeling IDF/AF subjects posted on ARC.

The Delilah will be a neat subject! :wink:
Desmond

brett309

Unread post11 Nov 2013, 11:16

Nice work done, I must say that this is one of the best models. I do find it quite interesting though that these pieces show up. That is closer to the real thing than any of the other models .
Previous

Return to Scale Models - F-16, F-35, F/A-22, F-2