TSgt Warren Trask Interview

What's new on F-16.net?
F-16.net Editor
F-16.net Editor

by Jon » 25 Oct 2005, 13:48

TSgt Warren Trask is famous for his art work on 33rd TFS aircraft during Desert Storm. Well-known examples include "Sweet but deadly", "Harmful F/X", and "Code One Candy".

Read more about Warren's art work and his inspiration in this interview, which also covers his early days in the F-117 program while it was still a "Secrete Project"!

A relative of Warren came across this site and directed his attention. I contacted Warren for an interview and ever since we have become friends. Warren is a great guy and I am very pleased to announce his interview.

<a href="http://www.f-16.net/interviews_article33.html" target="new">TSgt Warren Trask</a>

by HazF16 » 25 Oct 2005, 13:59

why are all his nose arts on the right hand side of the a/c? nowadays all the nose arts are on the left hand (the pilot's) side. any special reason for that?

F-16.net Editor
F-16.net Editor

by Jon » 26 Oct 2005, 14:14

Hi HazF-16, good question, I'll ask ;-)

F-16.net Editor
F-16.net Editor

by Jon » 27 Oct 2005, 13:49

HazF-16

I passed on your question to Warren. He tried to answer himself, but had loggin problems, so I will pass on the answer:

Warren:
Good question. A lot of people debated about where the best location would be for these pieces. I had two reasons for placing my nose art where I did on the right side of the aircraft. The first was because the gun was on the left side, and I'm sure you're aware of the smoke and powder residue the gun produces when it's fired. Grease pencil drawings have a tendency to attract dirt, so I chose the opposite side of the aircraft to avoid the "soot" problem. The second reason was because the upper right side of the aircraft is relatively free from obstructions, frequently accessed maintenance panels, and personnel "traffic" areas. . . like the gun port, gun vent panel, and the crew ladder area. I realize it's called "nose art", so why didn't I just draw it on the nose portion of the aircraft ? I wanted to make the drawings as large as I could, so I chose the area just below the canopy on the right side. It just "felt" like a good area on which to display my work. The artwork drawn there could be easily viewed from the ground, and it was just high enough that the average person couldn't touch and possibly smudge the piece. I hope I have answered the question to your satisfaction, and I would like to thank you for your interest.

by HazF16 » 27 Oct 2005, 14:38

thanks Warren & Jon.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by IDCrewDawg » 27 Oct 2005, 15:13

If I remember right, the F-16 unit from Mt Home AFB during OEF put the nose art in relitively the same location, for the same reason.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast

by mungo1974 » 27 Oct 2005, 17:15

Great interview,Glad to read you are/were a scale model builder too.
I hope you get your medical condition undercontrol and have a great retirement

by HazF16 » 28 Oct 2005, 13:09

IDCrewDawg wrote:If I remember right, the F-16 unit from Mt Home AFB during OEF put the nose art in relitively the same location, for the same reason.

naw they had em on the left hand side right above the gun port

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by IDCrewDawg » 28 Oct 2005, 17:58

Yes they did have them on both sides, but the left side was further up. I remember Patrick Renyolds told me he tried not to make it too uniform, so that it gave them individuality? I thought most of them were on the right though.