New and improved forum

Unread postPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 01:29
by Stefaan
We've just upgraded our Forum software - the look and feel is slightly different, but the main functionality remains unchanged. Usability should be improved, and some annoying bugs should be gone.

Let us know if you experience any difficulties!

stefaan

Re: New and improved forum

Unread postPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 02:25
by Lieven
One of the first new functions is a Friends and Foes list.
You can use these to organise other members of the board. Members added to your friends list will be listed within your User Control Panel for quick access to see their online status and to send them private messages. If you add a user to your foes list, any posts they make will be hidden by default.

You can add users to your list in two ways. Within each user’s profile, there is a link to add them to either your Friend or Foe list. Alternatively, from your User Control Panel, you can directly add users by entering their member name.

You can also bookmark threads now.
This works very much like a web browser. You aren’t alerted when there’s an update, but you can easily come back to the topic later. Subscribing, however, will notify you when there is an update to the topic or forum on the board via your preferred method or methods.

More new functionality will follow. We will probably also introduce the use of Avatars.

Unread postPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 03:59
by spazsinbad
Thanks for the new BIGGA Text Insert Reply Frames. :cheers: Excellent work. :applause:

Unread postPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 04:03
by coldman
Yeah as a long time lurker it's great to see all these enhancements finally come to the forums. Keep up the good work!

Unread postPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 09:39
by Lieven
Thanks!

Unread postPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 10:01
by popcorn
Ah! .. was wondering where F16.net had disappeared to. One difference, my homescreen icons are all identical now, simply titled "F-16.net.view" whereas previously they displayed forum subtitle. Will take getting used to.

Unread postPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 10:18
by popcorn
Also, congratulations .. it seems replication of posts has been fixed. :applause:

Unread postPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 13:44
by treebeard
Is it just me or is the 'Go to the first new post' option gone?
You can see if there are unread posts, but you can't seem to skip right to them..

Unread postPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 14:30
by fiskerwad
I LIKE IT!

Now, I just have to retrain my mouse. :D :D :D

fisk

Unread postPosted: 14 Nov 2013, 17:08
by Lieven
treebeard wrote:Is it just me or is the 'Go to the first new post' option gone?
You can see if there are unread posts, but you can't seem to skip right to them..

You can skip to the latest post by clicking on this icon:
styles/we_universal/imageset/icon_topic_latest.gif

We'll see if we can add a link to the first unread post.

Unread postPosted: 15 Nov 2013, 20:53
by F16VIPER
Thank you, will get used to the new format.
Is there a way to introduce a function to print a whole forum topic in single page please.
Regards

Unread postPosted: 15 Nov 2013, 22:14
by delvo
I hadn't even tried that because the column heading above the column where those are says "last post", not "first new post".

Unread postPosted: 16 Nov 2013, 04:37
by spazsinbad
Previous forum resized all the graphics to the same size. I imagine that was useful for some. Now the graphics are at original size on this new forum iteration. Is this a problem? Or a deliberate strategy on the part of the forum.

Unread postPosted: 16 Nov 2013, 10:08
by Lieven
spazsinbad wrote:Previous forum resized all the graphics to the same size. I imagine that was useful for some. Now the graphics are at original size on this new forum iteration. Is this a problem? Or a deliberate strategy on the part of the forum.

For all jpeg attachments a 710px wide thumbnail is being created. Same for all images that link to our photo gallery. Gif and png images haven't been rescaled yet. We'll do that soon.

Images loaded from other websites are also not scaled yet. We'll do some tweaking there in the near future.

Unread postPosted: 16 Nov 2013, 10:09
by Lieven
We just added a new BBCode so you can easily embed YouTube videos.

Just use it like this:
Code: Select all
[youtube]YouTube ID string here[/youtube]

Unread postPosted: 16 Nov 2013, 15:34
by Lieven
F16VIPER wrote:Thank you, will get used to the new format.
Is there a way to introduce a function to print a whole forum topic in single page please.

Thank you for the suggestion. We have added an extra printer button which will print all posts in one thread.

Unread postPosted: 16 Nov 2013, 15:47
by Lieven
popcorn wrote:Ah! .. was wondering where F16.net had disappeared to. One difference, my homescreen icons are all identical now, simply titled "F-16.net.view" whereas previously they displayed forum subtitle. Will take getting used to.

No need to getting used to it. We've changed it back. :-)

Please keep the suggestions/remarks coming!

Unread postPosted: 16 Nov 2013, 19:54
by spazsinbad
Lieven and all, Thanks for the changes. This is perhaps just an oddity but I have a IE 10 shortcut to the F-35 forum

Board Index - F-35 Lightning II: viewforum.php?f=65

Now when it is clicked the first time I get a message that I'm 'not authorised' to view it. While I have now trained myself to click the same shortcut a second time to see this:

Unread postPosted: 17 Nov 2013, 20:18
by glendora
Hello,
thank you for your efforts, nevertheless, I am still having troubles viewing F-16 Fleet Reports like http://www.f-16.net/fleet-reports_article9.html and other similar reports which try to retrieve data from your database.

I have always a timeout error and no graphics are shown.

I am using Windows 7 and the latest versions of Firefox (errors occurs also with IE).

Unread postPosted: 17 Nov 2013, 21:16
by Lieven
glendora wrote:I am still having troubles viewing F-16 Fleet Reports like http://www.f-16.net/fleet-reports_article9.html and other similar reports which try to retrieve data from your database. I have always a timeout error and no graphics are shown.

Thank you for pointing that out. We'll sort in the next few weeks and then get back to you.

Unread postPosted: 17 Nov 2013, 21:17
by Lieven
spazsinbad wrote:Now when it is clicked the first time I get a message that I'm 'not authorised' to view it.

I could not reproduce this, but do you mean that you consistently have that when you visit that link? It could be you see it every time we changed something to the permission settings. Please let me know if you still have it today for example.

Unread postPosted: 17 Nov 2013, 22:53
by blindpilot
Lieven wrote:
spazsinbad wrote:Now when it is clicked the first time I get a message that I'm 'not authorised' to view it.

I could not reproduce this, but do you mean that you consistently have that when you visit that link? It could be you see it every time we changed something to the permission settings. Please let me know if you still have it today for example.

I have also seen this occasionally, but not in the last ?? 2days. I will post if it happens again

BP

Unread postPosted: 18 Nov 2013, 06:08
by spazsinbad
I have not encountered that 'permission' problem for over a day now I think. When the icon with right pointing arrow is clicked I do not go to the last post on a thread - I go to the top of the page of the last thread page instead. I'm using Windows 8 and IE 10 all updated (not Win8.1 yet - does not seem to be worth the hassle).

Unread postPosted: 18 Nov 2013, 07:17
by spazsinbad
It seems that icon linking last thread post may only NOT work when first used. Otherwise it seems to work as advertised.

Meanwhile it is great to see that UNICODE is now enabled - good one - no problem with Turkish characters today. :D

Unread postPosted: 18 Nov 2013, 19:43
by spazsinbad
Google External Links to topics in this forum such as:

viewtopic.php?/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-20291.htmlt=20291

Originally have this form: http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-20291.html which is converted to above first URL by the forum.

Similarly internal Search Links can have the same problem such as:
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_viewtopi ... rt-15.html

Which when used is converted by forum into: viewtopic.php?/f-16_forum_viewtopic-t-20424-start-15.htmlt=20424

WHICH DOES NOT WORK EITHER? :doh: :roll:

Unread postPosted: 19 Nov 2013, 08:50
by spazsinbad
Is the Private Message system being enabled or what am I missing to see/use it? Thanks.

Unread postPosted: 19 Nov 2013, 12:32
by F16VIPER
Thank you for implementing my request, however the single page print is showing an error message. Regards

Unread postPosted: 19 Nov 2013, 21:23
by Lieven
F16VIPER wrote:Thank you for implementing my request, however the single page print is showing an error message. Regards

What is the exact error message as I cannot reproduce the error? (Or perhaps you could post a screenshot?)

Unread postPosted: 19 Nov 2013, 21:25
by Lieven
F16VIPER wrote:Thank you for implementing my request, however the single page print is showing an error message. Regards

We're sorry. For now, please continue to use the old PM system. In a few weeks time you will be able to use the one integrated in the forum.

Unread postPosted: 19 Nov 2013, 21:38
by spazsinbad
Thanks Lieven for the PM system back. Meanwhile attached is the result of the 'Print thread button' in PDF format. I'm using a test edition of the next Acrobat (12) however from experience it works in the same way as Acrobat 11 Pro and I'm using Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10 all updated.

Unread postPosted: 19 Nov 2013, 22:18
by Lieven
spazsinbad wrote:Google External Links to topics in this forum such as: [...]

WHICH DOES NOT WORK EITHER? :doh: :roll:

OK, you can stop rolling your eyes. I'm glad to let you know it's been fixed. :)

Thanks for taking your time to explain this problem!

Unread postPosted: 19 Nov 2013, 22:23
by Lieven
spazsinbad wrote:Attached is the result of the 'Print thread button' in PDF format.

I opened the PDF and all looks fine here.

Only issue I encountered is that my Acrobat XI was asking if I trusted the link to YouTube (and a few others). Whether you click yes or no, the end result should be that you see the complete print of the thread.

Unread postPosted: 19 Nov 2013, 23:24
by spazsinbad
Lieven I am very pleased I can stop rolling my eyes. That glitch with searching etc. was very frustrating yesterday.

Not sure what your experience is with various versions of Acrobat and Adobe Reader. Anyway outside links have been cause for warning messages for some time in PDF documents, especially for Youtube. I did not (as I would do myself) delete the links, that cause these warning messages ,so as to faithfully replicate what happened. Which is an excellent result by the way very useful, with warning messages as expected. The latest release of Adobe Reader is some variation on version 11. Turn up the volume to eleven. :doh: :D

Unread postPosted: 20 Nov 2013, 00:37
by blindpilot
FYI just got the not authorized message again,, Hit reload and got past it as before. Windows 7, Chrome browser

BP

Unread postPosted: 20 Nov 2013, 02:16
by munny
Welcome to the Spaz forums. It seems the forums list under F-35 Lightning II is showing the most frequent poster rather than the last poster.

Shame you can't also set up redirects for the old thread URL's to their new locations so people don't have to go and reconfigure all their shortcuts again. You might actually lose some google rank from that.

Unread postPosted: 20 Nov 2013, 06:13
by spazsinbad
You're Welcome Munny. :roll: :shock: :drool:

Unread postPosted: 20 Nov 2013, 10:15
by Lieven
blindpilot wrote:FYI just got the not authorized message again,, Hit reload and got past it as before. Windows 7, Chrome browser

Sorry about that. This has happened because I cleared the cache so I would see some changes we've made.

Unread postPosted: 20 Nov 2013, 10:34
by Lieven
munny wrote:Shame you can't also set up redirects for the old thread URL's to their new locations so people don't have to go and reconfigure all their shortcuts again. You might actually lose some google rank from that.

This has been fixed in the meanwhile. (see above posts)

Let me know if you think I overlooked something though.

Unread postPosted: 20 Nov 2013, 13:13
by haavarla
This New outlay is great, well done folks :)

Unread postPosted: 21 Nov 2013, 03:40
by spazsinbad
Could a list of allowed file attachments be made available, along with maximum size please? Thanks.

Unread postPosted: 21 Nov 2013, 11:02
by munny
spazsinbad wrote:You're Welcome Munny. :roll: :shock: :drool:

It looked like an error, but I just checked and you ARE actually the last poster in all but 2 sub-forums... >< oops.

Its the category splitting from a while back I tells ya, its killing this forum.

Unread postPosted: 21 Nov 2013, 21:53
by Lieven
spazsinbad wrote:Could a list of allowed file attachments be made available, along with maximum size please? Thanks.

• gif, jpeg, jpg, mov, png, psd, tga, tif
  • ace, gtar, gz, rar, tar, zip
  • cpp, diz, hpp, txt
  • ai, dic, doc, docx, dot, kmz, pdf, pps, ppt, ps, xls, xlsx
  • mp3, rm
  • ivr, wma, wmv
  • .flv, swf
Max size is 11mb. Any changes you would suggest?

Unread postPosted: 21 Nov 2013, 22:56
by spazsinbad
Thanks for file info. Recently I attempted to upload an .FLV video but was told it was not acceptable. This situation existed in previous version of the forum. Now that .FLV videos are commonplace what is the issue with this file format? Is it to do with a sub species of .FLV that is not compatible (I think I was attempting to upload a Youtube .FLV file) or just overall .FLV files?

Also could the .MP4 video format be made possible because it is now a default Windows video format (as was .WMV before the Youtube .FLV came along and it is now a high quality Youtube format as well) thanks.

Otherwise I would request - because this is an aviation forum where designations for aircraft 'with a hyphen' is common that - like the old forum format - it is possible to SEARCH on this string "V-22" and NOT receive this message please. Thanks for looking at all these issues - much appreciated:

"Information
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: V 22 .
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 4 characters and must not contain more than 84 characters excluding wildcards."

Unread postPosted: 22 Nov 2013, 00:02
by Lieven
spazsinbad wrote:file format? Is it to do with a sub species of .FLV that is not compatible (I think I was attempting to upload a Youtube .

Now you have the YouTube BB code that you can use. If you're having trouble to add an .flv, just send it to webmaster @f-16.net and we'll take a look at it.

spazsinbad wrote:Also could the .MP4 video format be made possible

Done

spazsinbad wrote:Otherwise I would request it is possible to SEARCH on this string "V-22"

OK, I'll put that one on our to-do list. Meanwhile you can search for "V*22", which is of course not ideal.

Thanks for the feedback!

Unread postPosted: 22 Nov 2013, 00:12
by Lieven
munny wrote:
spazsinbad wrote:You're Welcome Munny. :roll: :shock: :drool:

It looked like an error, but I just checked and you ARE actually the last poster in all but 2 sub-forums...

I thought you were just joking when you mentioned that before. :-)

munny wrote:Its the category splitting from a while back I tells ya, its killing this forum.

Please elaborate. If someone feels we should merge some of the categories, please let us know. We've added the categories hoping it would make things better.

Unread postPosted: 22 Nov 2013, 00:25
by spazsinbad
Thanks Lieven, I'll try uploading a small .MP4 (and a small .FLV).

Received message: "The extension mp4 is not allowed."

Similarly: "The extension flv is not allowed."

I'll e-mail the two small video files to you.

Unread postPosted: 22 Nov 2013, 02:11
by popcorn
Lieven wrote:
popcorn wrote:Ah! .. was wondering where F16.net had disappeared to. One difference, my homescreen icons are all identical now, simply titled "F-16.net.view" whereas previously they displayed forum subtitle. Will take getting used to.

No need to getting used to it. We've changed it back. :-)
Please keep the suggestions/remarks coming!

Works great now... thanks.

Lieven wrote:Hi Popcorn, can you email the image you would like to upload to webmaster@f-16.net? Then we'll test it.

Sent the email a week ago. It was a .png file less than 1MB size. Tried uploading it just now and the problem persists. Any suggestions?

Unread postPosted: 23 Nov 2013, 03:49
by spazsinbad
You only need to enter the ID of the video in between the tags:

So if the URL is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQNGU5Qeolg

You copy paste the ID so the code looks like this:
[youtube]cQNGU5Qeolg[/youtube]

Result:

Unread postPosted: 23 Nov 2013, 22:01
by Lieven
spazsinbad wrote:Received message: "The extension mp4 is not allowed."
Similarly: "The extension flv is not allowed."

Thanks, it has been fixed now!

Unread postPosted: 23 Nov 2013, 22:06
by Lieven
Popcorn wrote:
Lieven wrote:Hi Popcorn, can you email the image you would like to upload to webmaster@f-16.net? Then we'll test it.

Sent the email a week ago. It was a .png file less than 1MB size. Tried uploading it just now and the problem persists. Any suggestions?

I sent you a reply via email. Didn't you receive it?

My question was: "What is the exact message you get when you try to attach this image. I just tested uploadingit and encountered no problems."

Unread postPosted: 24 Nov 2013, 00:22
by spazsinbad
spazsinbad wrote:You only need to enter the ID of the video in between the tags:

So if the URL is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQNGU5Qeolg

You copy paste the ID so the code looks like this:
[youtube]cQNGU5Qeolg[/youtube]

OK thanks - I did not get/understand that difference. :doh: AND thanks for the .mp4 & .flv attachment allowance.

Unread postPosted: 24 Nov 2013, 14:41
by count_to_10
So, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but I kind of miss the clear markings for threads that have been added to since the last time I viewed them. If the icons still change color, I can't make out the difference on my screen.

Unread postPosted: 24 Nov 2013, 20:11
by neurotech
I noticed the Private Messaging seems to be turned off by default.

Another glitch is that users can't type recipients name for private messages and have the forum match the user and send the message. This has been the case for a while not just the recent upgrades.

Unread postPosted: 24 Nov 2013, 21:20
by spazsinbad
I'm guessing the PM system is not properly enabled? Here is the previous link to the PM InBox:

http://www.f-16.net/index.php?module=In ... func=inbox

Unread postPosted: 24 Nov 2013, 22:36
by neurotech
spazsinbad wrote:I'm guessing the PM system is not properly enabled? Here is the previous link to the PM InBox:

That link works for me, and I could probably send PM replies, but entering in new recipients doesn't work.

Unread postPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 16:06
by popcorn
Lieven wrote:
Popcorn wrote:

I sent you a reply via email. Didn't you receive it?

My question was: "What is the exact message you get when you try to attach this image. I just tested uploadingit and encountered no problems."

Sorry Lieven, never got your email.. apparently my fault for not updating my email address.
I tried uploading the image but still unable to do so.

The message I get is " The image file you tried to attach is invalid."
It's perplexing... never had this happen before.

Unread postPosted: 26 Nov 2013, 16:33
by Lieven
neurotech wrote:
spazsinbad wrote:I'm guessing the PM system is not properly enabled? Here is the previous link to the PM InBox:

That link works for me, and I could probably send PM replies, but entering in new recipients doesn't work.

We will activate a new PM system in a few weeks. Please bear with us.

We also found that some threads generate an Error 500. We're trying to fix that first now.

Unread postPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 00:18
by spazsinbad
My attempt to upload the exact same problematic 'popcorn' PNG image file (on previous page)....

Unread postPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 00:25
by Lieven
Thanks spazsinbad!

Unread postPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 01:01
by popcorn
spazsinbad wrote:My attempt to upload the exact same problematic 'popcorn' PNG image file (on previous page)....

Still no joy for me.. verified settings as follow:
BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON

Unread postPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 01:45
by spazsinbad
'popcorn' there are a couple of places in the 'User Control Panel'. I would turn 'Flash animations' ON [wot I have] because perhaps the .PNG is considered an animated graphic? Turn on all options and then see what happens. If you get joy then switch OFF options you do not require to see result?

ucp.php?i=prefs&mode=view

Unread postPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 03:47
by popcorn
I checked and all options are enabled.. still :bang: NO JOY. :bang:

Unread postPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 05:32
by spazsinbad
Another thought. Perhaps your image is too large (wide)? Try making a smaller version if you can and upload that or upload a known picture that you could upload before the forum change?

Unread postPosted: 27 Nov 2013, 12:08
by popcorn
spazsinbad wrote:Another thought. Perhaps your image is too large (wide)? Try making a smaller version if you can and upload that or upload a known picture that you could upload before the forum change?

Nope, not the file size..,tried to upload a 100KB image with the same negative result.. anyway, thanks for the suggestions Spaz..

Unread postPosted: 30 Nov 2013, 11:44
by spazsinbad
Links to forum attachments (PDF):
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_download-id-17532.html

Not working now. Does this apply to all attachments or just this one?

Unread postPosted: 01 Dec 2013, 16:24
by Lieven
spazsinbad wrote:Links to forum attachments (PDF):
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_download-id-17532.html

Not working now. Does this apply to all attachments or just this one?

Fixed. Thank you for pointing that one out!

Unread postPosted: 01 Dec 2013, 18:22
by huggy
Is it just my imagination, or does it seem like the amount of activity on the forum has diminished considerably since the rollout of the new format?

Unread postPosted: 01 Dec 2013, 18:32
by Lieven
huggy wrote:Is it just my imagination, or does it seem like the amount of activity on the forum has diminished considerably since the rollout of the new format?

That seems to be the case indeed. We're still suffering from a lot of error 500 messages which prevents threads from loading. Don't know if there could be any other reasons.

Unread postPosted: 01 Dec 2013, 23:24
by spazsinbad
Thanks for attachment fix.

Unread postPosted: 07 Dec 2013, 05:35
by whynot
Won't let me search am I locked out?

Unread postPosted: 07 Dec 2013, 05:52
by spazsinbad
Sorry cannot help - however some days back I could not search then later came back and I could. Perhaps the forum is being tinkered with sometimes for the continuing setup? Just my guess - no facts whatsoever - except experience. :bang:

Unread postPosted: 09 Dec 2013, 17:53
by Lieven
whynot wrote:Won't let me search am I locked out?

Did you search for naughty words? ;-)

The search should work. Perhaps you post your query here so we can test?

Unread postPosted: 10 Dec 2013, 00:18
by spazsinbad
Searching the F-35 forum for 'ADACEL' this link was found:

http://www.f-16.net/index.php?name=PNph ... pie#227903

MSG: "Information
Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

Unread postPosted: 10 Dec 2013, 23:15
by Lieven
:crazypilot: Good news. We have added a block on the homepage with latest active threads now. :crazypilot:

There is no indication for unread posts in that block however, sorry.

Unread postPosted: 10 Dec 2013, 23:22
by Lieven
spazsinbad wrote:Searching the F-35 forum for 'ADACEL' this link was found:

http://www.f-16.net/index.php?name=PNph ... pie#227903

MSG: "Information Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later."

This was a link in the post, not a link in the search results. The links were hardcoded links to the old forum. I replaced those. You might find a few others on the forum but it's not classified as a bug. :-)

Unread postPosted: 12 Dec 2013, 20:48
by spazsinbad
I'm listed as having a 'WARNING' - however I find no information about this. What is the deal? Yes I recall having a warning but what is the reference? Three strikes and I'm out or what?

When will avatars be enabled.

Unread postPosted: 13 Dec 2013, 04:33
by Roscoe
I used to be have a link that took me directly to the New Posts page....clue how to reproduce that?

Unread postPosted: 13 Dec 2013, 16:34
by Lieven
spazsinbad wrote:I'm listed as having a 'WARNING' - however I find no information about this. What is the deal? Yes I recall having a warning but what is the reference? Three strikes and I'm out or what?

No worries. I probably was testing with that functionality. It's because a post of you was reported as being off topic I think.

spazsinbad wrote:When will avatars be enabled.

Avatars are available now to all users. Please have a try.

Unread postPosted: 13 Dec 2013, 16:43
by Lieven
Roscoe wrote:I used to be have a link that took me directly to the New Posts page....clue how to reproduce that?

You mean this link? search.php?search_id=newposts

If you think it's a good idea to have it, we can add it to the front page again.

Unread postPosted: 13 Dec 2013, 19:06
by spazsinbad
Thanks for the updates / info etc. Today I had this message again when first going to my usual forum link:

viewforum.php?f=65
"Information
You are not authorised to read this forum."

However clicking the same URL again I saw what was there - no problems - which is usually my experience.

And.... the avatar is online - thanks - I see other avatars also. :D

Unread postPosted: 15 Dec 2013, 20:28
by F16VIPER
Hi guys. Can you please provide an edit button as a couple of mistakes I made in my last post cannot be edited.

Thank you.

Unread postPosted: 16 Dec 2013, 22:42
by Lieven
F16VIPER wrote:Hi guys. Can you please provide an edit button as a couple of mistakes I made in my last post cannot be edited.

You have 48 hours now to edit a post (before only 2 hours). After that edits are not possible anymore. If you would like a particular change now anyway, just let us know via webmaster@f-16.net.

Unread postPosted: 11 Jan 2014, 16:57
by spazsinbad

And I like this link now - shows the ACTIVE TOPICS below the F-35 sub sections.

Unread postPosted: 11 Jan 2014, 19:42
by Lieven
spazsinbad wrote:Avatars are good

Yes, so far only 4 people use it. Who will be number 5? Add your avatar now. :P

spazsinbad wrote:I like this link now - shows the ACTIVE TOPICS below the F-35 sub sections.

Yes, we activated the option 'Active topics'. So you don't have to go dive in each of the subforums anymore to keep up with everything.

There's even the option to see all active topics forum wide.

Unread postPosted: 12 Jan 2014, 03:52
by FlightDreamz
No longer get updates to topics, I've either posted in or subscribe to. Clicking "bookmark topic" or "subscribe topic" doesn't make a difference. :bang: Looked at the User Control panel can't find anything amiss (but don't see what email address answers are being sent to either).
New forum rejects my old icon as well :cry:

Unread postPosted: 12 Jan 2014, 13:00
by Lieven
FlightDreamz wrote:No longer get updates to topics, I've either posted in or subscribe to. Clicking "bookmark topic" or "subscribe topic" doesn't make a difference. :bang: Looked at the User Control panel can't find anything amiss (but don't see what email address answers are being sent to either).
New forum rejects my old icon as well :cry:

Only 'Subscribe' will notify you of updates via email. You can always manage your subscriptions.

You can also manage your bookmarks via the user control panel.

I will send you a PM with regard to your email address and avatar.

Thanks for the feedback as this really helps us to improve the forum!

Unread postPosted: 12 Jan 2014, 22:07
by Lieven
Lieven wrote:'Subscribe' will notify you of updates via email. You can always manage your subscriptions.

Anyone else who either does or does not successfully receive emails for forum topics he's subscribed to?

Unread postPosted: 01 Feb 2014, 22:41
by F16VIPER
Hi guys, can I please suggest two improvements:

print all pages: can you introduce a header with the full web address at the top and when printing that indicates the topic number and title as default name for printing. at the moment I only get www. f-16.net.

allow the use of right and left arrow keyboard keys when seeing individual photos in the gallery section, instead of constantly clicking the next and previous arrows. Too much clicking and my finger is going to fall out.
regards and thank you for the great job done.

Unread postPosted: 02 Feb 2014, 13:44
by Stefaan
F16VIPER wrote:
allow the use of right and left arrow keyboard keys when seeing individual photos in the gallery section, instead of constantly clicking the next and previous arrows. Too much clicking and my finger is going to fall out.
regards and thank you for the great job done.

Done - only works when viewing individual photos though. This is very convenient actually, thanks for the suggestion :-)

stefaan

Unread postPosted: 02 Feb 2014, 17:19
by Lieven
F16VIPER wrote:Hi guys, can I please suggest two improvements:

Please, we love suggestions. Especially good ones. :-)

F16VIPER wrote:print all pages: can you introduce a header with the full web address at the top and when printing that indicates the topic number and title as default name for printing. at the moment I only get www.f-16.net.

This makes sense but we don't want to put too much development time in a feature that potentially kills a few trees. We'll put it on our list but might take a while.

Any has any other suggestions to further improve this website or this forum?

Unread postPosted: 02 Feb 2014, 20:32
by F16VIPER
Hi lieven. The new print button is fabulous and starting to use it a lot specially to save some topics using print to pdf. Not print to paper. So no trees are being destroyed in the process.
Regards

Unread postPosted: 05 Jan 2016, 02:35
by KamenRiderBlade
What happened to limits on new account to prevent spam bots?

We've seen a recent upsurge in spam from them.

Unread postPosted: 05 Jan 2016, 04:09
by sferrin
^--what he said.

Unread postPosted: 18 May 2019, 02:14
by optimist
The pages aren't displaying properly in google chrome, for the last few days.

Unread postPosted: 18 May 2019, 11:54
by botsing
optimist wrote:The pages aren't displaying properly in google chrome, for the last few days.

Works fine here in Chrome, you might want to check your extensions if one is causing this issue for you.