New and improved forum

What's new on F-16.net?
F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Lieven » 19 Nov 2013, 22:18

spazsinbad wrote:Google External Links to topics in this forum such as: [...]

WHICH DOES NOT WORK EITHER? :doh: :roll:

OK, you can stop rolling your eyes. I'm glad to let you know it's been fixed. :)

Thanks for taking your time to explain this problem!

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Lieven » 19 Nov 2013, 22:23

spazsinbad wrote:Attached is the result of the 'Print thread button' in PDF format.

I opened the PDF and all looks fine here.

Only issue I encountered is that my Acrobat XI was asking if I trusted the link to YouTube (and a few others). Whether you click yes or no, the end result should be that you see the complete print of the thread.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 19 Nov 2013, 23:24

Lieven I am very pleased I can stop rolling my eyes. That glitch with searching etc. was very frustrating yesterday.

Not sure what your experience is with various versions of Acrobat and Adobe Reader. Anyway outside links have been cause for warning messages for some time in PDF documents, especially for Youtube. I did not (as I would do myself) delete the links, that cause these warning messages ,so as to faithfully replicate what happened. Which is an excellent result by the way very useful, with warning messages as expected. The latest release of Adobe Reader is some variation on version 11. Turn up the volume to eleven. :doh: :D

Elite 1K
Elite 1K

by blindpilot » 20 Nov 2013, 00:37

FYI just got the not authorized message again,, Hit reload and got past it as before. Windows 7, Chrome browser

BP

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by munny » 20 Nov 2013, 02:16

Welcome to the Spaz forums. It seems the forums list under F-35 Lightning II is showing the most frequent poster rather than the last poster.

Shame you can't also set up redirects for the old thread URL's to their new locations so people don't have to go and reconfigure all their shortcuts again. You might actually lose some google rank from that.

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 20 Nov 2013, 06:13

You're Welcome Munny. :roll: :shock: :drool:

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Lieven » 20 Nov 2013, 10:15

blindpilot wrote:FYI just got the not authorized message again,, Hit reload and got past it as before. Windows 7, Chrome browser

Sorry about that. This has happened because I cleared the cache so I would see some changes we've made.

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Lieven » 20 Nov 2013, 10:34

munny wrote:Shame you can't also set up redirects for the old thread URL's to their new locations so people don't have to go and reconfigure all their shortcuts again. You might actually lose some google rank from that.

This has been fixed in the meanwhile. (see above posts)

Let me know if you think I overlooked something though.

Banned

by haavarla » 20 Nov 2013, 13:13

This New outlay is great, well done folks :)

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 21 Nov 2013, 03:40

Could a list of allowed file attachments be made available, along with maximum size please? Thanks.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

by munny » 21 Nov 2013, 11:02

spazsinbad wrote:You're Welcome Munny. :roll: :shock: :drool:

It looked like an error, but I just checked and you ARE actually the last poster in all but 2 sub-forums... >< oops.

Its the category splitting from a while back I tells ya, its killing this forum.

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Lieven » 21 Nov 2013, 21:53

spazsinbad wrote:Could a list of allowed file attachments be made available, along with maximum size please? Thanks.

• gif, jpeg, jpg, mov, png, psd, tga, tif
  • ace, gtar, gz, rar, tar, zip
  • cpp, diz, hpp, txt
  • ai, dic, doc, docx, dot, kmz, pdf, pps, ppt, ps, xls, xlsx
  • mp3, rm
  • ivr, wma, wmv
  • .flv, swf
Max size is 11mb. Any changes you would suggest?

Elite 5K
Elite 5K

by spazsinbad » 21 Nov 2013, 22:56

Thanks for file info. Recently I attempted to upload an .FLV video but was told it was not acceptable. This situation existed in previous version of the forum. Now that .FLV videos are commonplace what is the issue with this file format? Is it to do with a sub species of .FLV that is not compatible (I think I was attempting to upload a Youtube .FLV file) or just overall .FLV files?

Also could the .MP4 video format be made possible because it is now a default Windows video format (as was .WMV before the Youtube .FLV came along and it is now a high quality Youtube format as well) thanks.

Otherwise I would request - because this is an aviation forum where designations for aircraft 'with a hyphen' is common that - like the old forum format - it is possible to SEARCH on this string "V-22" and NOT receive this message please. Thanks for looking at all these issues - much appreciated:

"Information
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: V 22 .
You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 4 characters and must not contain more than 84 characters excluding wildcards."

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Lieven » 22 Nov 2013, 00:02

spazsinbad wrote:file format? Is it to do with a sub species of .FLV that is not compatible (I think I was attempting to upload a Youtube .

Now you have the YouTube BB code that you can use. If you're having trouble to add an .flv, just send it to webmaster @f-16.net and we'll take a look at it.

spazsinbad wrote:Also could the .MP4 video format be made possible

Done

spazsinbad wrote:Otherwise I would request it is possible to SEARCH on this string "V-22"

OK, I'll put that one on our to-do list. Meanwhile you can search for "V*22", which is of course not ideal.

Thanks for the feedback!

F-16.net Webmaster
F-16.net Webmaster

by Lieven » 22 Nov 2013, 00:12

munny wrote:
spazsinbad wrote:You're Welcome Munny. :roll: :shock: :drool:

It looked like an error, but I just checked and you ARE actually the last poster in all but 2 sub-forums...

I thought you were just joking when you mentioned that before. :-)

munny wrote:Its the category splitting from a while back I tells ya, its killing this forum.

Please elaborate. If someone feels we should merge some of the categories, please let us know. We've added the categories hoping it would make things better.

PreviousNext